Transferring items from inventory to locker (and vice versa)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by silverseas, Dec 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I came back a week ago and on the first day back, i was so baffled as to why right click was not transferring items between inventory and locker (and vice versa). It is so much faster and intuitive. Honestly, I'm not sure why we are still using drag-and-drop. :D The mechanics for right click transfer already exist with the jewel and crafting workbenches, anyways.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I never use drag-and-drop ... you can simply double click (equip-unequip) :p

3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Equip-unequip can stay the way it is. I don't care about that. :D

What I want is a way to move my piles of gear, ess, junk from my locker into inventory or vice versa quickly.

4. trakilaki

You can hire a professional "inventory decorator/arranger" :D

So basically you want to mark a slot/s and then click the other slots and switch ... am I guessing right?

5. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

That would be cool too. But a plain Right Click transfer (just like how we move gems from our inventory onto the gem crafting interface, or items for crafting onto the workbench) will be sufficient.

6. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

How much could I charge?, I'm very good at that (For the mods: It's a joke :p)

Now on topic: Sounds good, I like dragging because I'm a neat-freak as I said, but I could always re-arrange after dumping stuff into the locker, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have this.

7. trakilaki

What is the benefit if I can't place the item into desired slot?
    Moreover ... our lockers are usually full ... so how would you transfer an item in the first available slot? :p

8. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Your locker may be full, but you can always move stuff from your locker to your inventory. :p

9. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Problem is that some buffs and consumables are abled to be activated through right click in the locker as well, so they'd need to disable that while the item is in the locker, and you'd still need to drag those if you want to store them or you'd end up using some by accident and potentially wasting them.

10. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Oh yeah! I forgot about those. I haven't used them in forever.

Perhaps the buffs could join the land of double-click to activate? :D

11. trakilaki

Inventory is for farming not for safe keeping :p
    The inventory has to be large enough so you can collect items for crafting and selling/melting.
    You are still at the start ... you will soon find out what crafting means and what is the price we pay :p
    That said ... only
    is reasonable solution in your case :p

12. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

My inventory has always doubled as extra storage. :oops: I hoard blue ess, remember?

Honestly, that would be perfectly fine solution too. Just something less clunky than this drag-and-drop business that makes me think we're still in the 90s. XD

13. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Maybe a switching fast button ( as we allready have for skill points ) should be implemented, to have an easy&fast equipment shift.
    Or something like the "X" button for essence switch.

I like your idea :
    I usually type "I", than move to page, then double click to shift between Lifekeeper and Magotina Axe while surronded by horde of mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.