Try to make the game interesting for players, (High and low level)

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by oOKellueHazeOo, Apr 6, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Are these good ideas?

1. Xp block Yes

8.3%
  2. Legacy server Yes

8.3%
  3. Both

16.7%
  4. No

66.7%
  1. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

The only way to have a tiny bit of fun in this game now is to be level 55 and even then, it's too repetitive and no fun. The pw's are seriously boring (I understand repetition is needed for the leaderboards) I mean the quests are not rewarding for completing at all and as for the actual q's themselves they are just simply no fun. LvL 55's need more things to do besides from leaderboards and crafting to become the strongest + events, maybe more maps. maybe some places where Only level 55's can go with different mobs and more bosses.

Another thing that makes high level boring is the lack of variety between sets, Warriors only use Q7 set with Q9 amulet, new moon set and some other rings, Rangers only use q7 set and around the same set as wars from what ive heard, mages only use Q4 and Q7 (sometimes mixed with q9) and dwarves with Q7/8 and dragan. Where are the fun playstyles at?

Mid level - I dont really have much experience with that since the level 45 days so I can't say much ,but from what ive heard and played recently it isn't all that bad, it's pretty fun as long as you play with a friend.

Low level - Low level got completely obliterated, And for what reason? Was it really harming anything in the game? Level 45/50 was still hugely populated and pvp was still very very active. I say around 30% of the game's players probably played and enjoyed low level, It was so fun to farm and help out players higher than you because you can kill their mobs, There was so much fun to be had at low level because pvp was prominent, I remember the days I was playing capture the flag on a regular basis with my level 9 char and then just farming gorga/sigris normal or hard for glyphs of power with random players (I never had any farming friends in those days :D) But many players did make many friends to play pvp with and play events with. The only problem I really seen was that new players became discouraged to play pvp because they would always die to stronger players but hey.. That's game's for you, you can't start a game and expect to have a fair chance against everyone, you need experience, you need to learn, you need to level up your char or learn how to upgrade your items after all this is somewhat of an rpg game.

I think one way to bring back many old players or make the game just better for everyone could be adding an option where you can disable xp gains if you choose to. This would allow any player to become strong and earn better items and get glyphs, and even participate in events without needing a higher player to block xp for them, this would benefit many players who enjoyed playing at low level and players who simply want a fresh start as they may be bored of high level.

OR

Make a legacy server, A server that has lvl 45 as the max level, COT back, Old workbench, no costs and no gold lines ;) , Set new moon and full moon events to just rotate at a set rate so you dont really have to do anything , set winter event every winter ofc, and you decide what to do with the other events.
    Just a server where we can enjoy the old times if we want to, Yes it would take a lot of work but it would result in quite a few players returning and allows people to switch when they get bored of whatever server they are playing :).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Exp block was harmful to the game. I did have twink toons back in the days because it was popular, but never played them too much... PvP was just as stupid on low level as it was on the level cap. Of course now it is even more stupid, but that's a whole different topic.

A legacy server doesn't make sense either. Trust me, there would be not enough players there, just yet one more ghost town. Many of the players forming the current community don't even remember those times. Some of those who do don't like those old times anyways. Many of those who did like those times don't want to be stuck for indefinite time at an old version with no perspective for changes to come. Almost none of those who have left would return just for such a server.

The problem is that players of low character strength should be matched with other players of similar power level, not with some twinks, which, even when developed only a little bit, are godmode for regular leveling players (because those have no time to acquire good gear, because the exp goes too fast).
    And the problem is that this is virtually impossible to be fixed, provided the game is made the way it's currently made.
    Currently the newcomers are detered from pvp by:
    1. Old legacy twinks who have glyphes to level white/green gear far beyond the level they are and destroy everyone in PvP.
    2. Any sort of exploiters, who either have abused exploits to gain gear they shouldn't have or are continuously exploiting in the arena to improve their block rate, crit rate, decrease those for the others, alter other stats (like running speed), to auto-aim, etc.
    3. Any random person (rather a second toon of an experienced player) who has farmed some maps lower than their level to get glyphes, gems (for PvE), good base state green items, etc. (even just to the point where they can solo PvE without asking others for help). Yes, it's enough to smash a regular leveling toon. Now think what would a real twink do.
    First one can be fixed by simply making proper PvP (eg. Traki's suggestion) which wouldn't rely on the base stats. Second one obviously by fixing exploits and banning the old exploiters. The third point would require a total change in meta (or maybe just Trak's suggestion...).

For reference: PvP Gear and balance proposal

There you are (almost) right. Other build are possible, but for those who know what to do, and will always be inferior to the meta builds (well, at least properly played meta builds - on the other hand, the meta builds are usually quite easy to play).
    So, make some new good uniques!

MikeyMetro and oOKellueHazeOo like this.
  3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Exp block is terrible and did tremendous damage to the game.

One of the reasons that level 45 was interesting was that it existed before crafting 2.0. Gear options and builds could often be based around random legendary drops.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  4. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Exp block did tremendous damage? Are you ok? From what I seen most people actually enjoyed it and preferred low level over high level because it was more fun and there was more sense of achievement, If anything has done damage to the game it's the community complaining over stupid stuff in the forums instead of suggesting useful ideas :'D Oh and the dev's share 2 brain cells between the whole of the team so they dont even listen to what we have to say.

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

It was fine for the people who wasted their time doing exp block it but discouraged new players from joining. The small player base (and thus small revenue) is the result of some of the problems today.

6. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Hm, most of those people who did xp block was in the same position as these newbies, except they had a couple more brain cells and decided to farm and upgrade their weapons besides from complaining and screaming "MAKE PVP MORE FAIR IM NEW AND I EXPECT ULTRA FAIR PVP BATTLES!!!"

7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Only the delusional would think that PvP would or could ever be fair. War is not fair. Life is not fair. Love is not fair.

If it was, nobody would strive to be better because they never could be better. Thus the attempt to be better in a fair world is the definition of fruitless wasted effort.

8. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Be better by effort but not by definition, this is not the real life, so why if you can manage a thing once don't you do it fair?
    It will not be fair if I kill a level 52 in PvP, obviously, or if gems and runes work in PvP and I kill some players with less gems and runes power.
    But if gems and runes (and set bonuses+enchantments) do not work in PvP, shouldn't be fair the battles then? Talking about being all lv55 players.
    They are not so we have a problem.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I have to question this assumption. I have played on Tegan since Dec 2011, the 2nd least populated server today. I have kept old friends on my f-list and the pattern of players leaving the game is actually related to content updates. My friends on the list that left are lvl 40, 45, 50 & 55. The friends I got a chance to chat with before they quit all cited changes in the pve. None of them quit for any pvp reasons until the one-hit meta took over and those were all lvl 55s, not twinks.

Also, I have used to play on Agathon as a twink thru 2014. There where more twinks and twink guilds on that server than Tegan. Yet, Agathon has a larger population today even though it was once about equal to Tegan.

And, no, I am not endorsing twinks or xp block. I just I believe it was the actions of the devs, not a specific group of players, that caused the problems of low-pop servers.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  10. KulawyMao

KulawyMao Exceptional Talent

nah
    one more time about twinks
    the most ppl who are/was crying about twinks was always 50/55lvl who even doesn't seen twinks on arena/farm but they cry that sb can/want have op stats on low lvl character

2years ago i had twink and many newbies thank me for help in fast farm/leveling up, nobody of them don't cry me that i had op stats on 35lvl, where i had stats like average 50lvl

about twinks on pvp
    if i spend 3,5 year to build stats on my twink why i should have 50%;50% chance on pvp with 2days newbie?

if sb of u with few year char, with op stats meet newbie on 55lvl how looks this fight? 2sec and win? this is the same what was on twinks if i do better stats = i have more chance to win and there isn't any diffrents that it was on 10lvl, 30lvl or 55lvl

ps. pvp never will be fair, there can be changing and 1 class is op today but in next year can be another one but there always will be advantage 1st class above 2nd

11. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Because those who are on the way up to 55 levels got tortured by your kind (related to quote, nothing personally)

It is not the same because newbie will: learn or leave pvp @ the end game, where it should be doing.

12. KulawyMao

if u have all eq t8 on 55lvl and u meet newbie on t1-3 u are kid bc u kill him? hypocrite

this is the same
    how much newbie who play 1 week on 55lvl can learn? nothink as 30lvl who exp and doen't has any knowlage about game/stats etc

if u want 'fair' pvp go play some FPS or MOBA game

13. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

XP blocking is AWFUL, AWFUL, and more AWFUL, ad you shall burn in hell.

Why? Because the reason you build a low level character with OP stats is to DESTROY every other low level character and MOCK them in the arena with AWFUL chat messages and emotes. It's A.W.F.U.L. mainly because YOU HAVEN'T EARNED YOUR POWER ON YOUR OWN. You had your stupid twink carried ALL THE BLOODY TIME by either your high level friends, or by clueless high levels who helped you out in good faith.
    NO, I will NEVER respect these practices. Nobody should.

14. KulawyMao

cry cry cry
    u don't see twinks on ur eyes but u have the most to says ;p
    when i play thinks i farm even with 50lvl and i clean map, 50lvl(50lvl was max in this time) only collect loot ;d(i prefered lower lvl, but sometimes i don't have a choice)

again i ask:
    if u go arena with all eq t8 and 60lvl what chance will have 55lvl with items t1-3 and 55lvl of items agains to u? than what is a diffrents on it and twinks?

15. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

XP Blpck was long time b4 t8 ... t7 ... t6 etc.

But the point is that you missed the point - on 40th (45/50) lvl, or any which was cap at that moment is where all players should do what twinks were doing @ low lvls

And that is where the "twink story" begin:

Once upon a time ...Those who could not stand to being beaten till they mastered pvp and learn their class skills become a twinks on their 2nd,3rd etc. char

And about MOBA and similar :

16. KulawyMao

yeah
    if i had twink on 35lvl i can meet ppl 30-40lvl on arena = 1 day of playing and this guy is out of my range
    on 50/55lvl when before 214 u need farm months/years to had any chance to do anythink on arena
    i had mage on 55lvl 35k dmg with 70k hp and i die on 1 shoot, so what can say newbie with 5-10k dmg and 20k hp?

this is the point that ppl like u don't understand that 90-95% players up to 50/55 so fast as they can so they meet twinks on arena only few days of they lifes than on 50/55 they see a wall on pvp where they can't do anythink without full gears 3-4gold lines and glyph on 60lvl which takes sometimes many months

but the twinks are bad bc they kill newbies on low lvl, but if u with op stats kill newbie on 50/55 all it's ok, so this is clean hypocrite bc i was killing this guy maybe 1 week when u was killing him many months
    i killed him on 1-2 shoots and u killed him on 1-2 shoots so it's any diffrents that he die on 10, 30 or 50lvl he can't play arena bc he has weak stats

btw
    this isn't fault twinks or kox 50/55lvl that they meet newbies on arenas, but terrible 'elo' where bp has many years to rapair that and they does't do/want to do it
    and do u know that twinks always can't find a fight?
    sometimes i had many times and i play many, and i could count my fights on fingers in 1 hand in all day...
    like here
    [​IMG]

look on the clock...and this was all the time, so if i need to wait 1h+ per 1 fight there is no way that i allow sb to win this fight

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  17. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I think I can suggest a solution to this.

What if, there is an option when you create a new character: Turn On XP Block

When someone chose this option, the following will happen:

1. You can never switch this option off for a character after you have created the character with this option ON.

2. In game, You will be given a setting where you can turn ON/OFF experience gain, at your choice, whenever you want. This will enable You to hunt anywhere with this option either ON/OFF, according to your desire to gain or not to gain experience. This will make it unnecessary to pair up with higher levels to block experience.

3. You can register and participate in PvP battles but only with other players who have turned this option (Exp block) ON.

4. Under NO circumstance You will ever be able to play against a regular player who doesn't have this special option ON.

5. You will be able to group with normal players, but then You wouldn't be able to register or enter into PvP battles.

6. As soon as You group up with a regular player, or you invite a regular player into Your group, all PvP battle registrations will be canceled.

7. You will never be able to participate in PvP battles with other regular players. Duels or Team PvP will only be performed between players who have also turned this option ON.

8. If You grouped up with a regular player during a PvP battle, You will be immediately kicked off from the battle.

oOKellueHazeOo likes this.
  18. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Then they would no longer want the xp block, the only thing that is sought with this is to abuse the noob to get good ranking in pvp without striving to fight against players who have the same chances of winning.
    Basically to become the top 1 without having to face better players (in terms of skill, not equipment) those who played with block exp did not win by being good players but by having better equipment.
    Is it funny? No, it is not. But in almost all games there are people who wanna be in a high rank even if this means going the dirty way.
    If only blockers play vs blockers there is no point on this anymore.
    It stops being profitable to rise in the ranks, because their ego fades when they fight with more skilled players than them.

19. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

ahahahahaha , You guys are so clueless about twinks, You are all a bunch of sheep and think the same :'D please for the love of god say something different, step in our shoes... (OMG YOU JUST WANNA KILL NOOBS OMG) just shut the hell up jesus Christ we dont want to hear it, Twinks did not want to pvp to pray on the weak, infact we wanted to be put up against more skilled players because noobs were annoying to vs, wether we were against them or having them on our team... We wanted marshals v marshals, flags v flags, Akoto vs Akoto Etc. we didn't wanna vs recruits and legionnaires :'D they had no knowledge and almost always complained when someone had better stats than them. And you think that lows aren't skilled because of the equipment? Right what is lvl 55 like ? If you dont have T7/8 lvl 59/60 with most gold stats you will not win. you can put a skilful mage with t3 equip, and put him against a 3/4 week mage but give him T7/8 items lvl 59/60 and the new kid will still win :'D so seriously, think before you type.

And Cdeepal's idea is a really good idea in my opinion, it would bring many players back if they heard of this and maybe there would be more fun stuff to do in this game besides from wanting to strangle yourself out of boredom :')

20. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

A CRY "argument" when you have no real arguments. CLAP, CLAP, you're pathetic.

Twinks are like poop stains on ur underwear.