Umm... Equipment idea?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MrBatons, Feb 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Community poll about idea.

Poll closed Feb 8, 2017.
  1. Good idea.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Bad Idea.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. It make no sense at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBatons

MrBatons Forum Apprentice

Hello, I think it's quite good idea to make something as "Remodel item" or something like that. Lets say making 50 lvl armors look like 10 lvl or something without any melt and new equipment search. So, everyone could use their "favourite" parts of equipment. It could work in every varity items: Legendarys, Extraordinary, Magic, Improved, Common and even uniques. It just changes how equipment look like. No other bonus stats. Becouse, it's quite booring too see everyone wearing same armor and weapons. It could cost Gold or Andermants to "Remodel" item.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It was suggested many times in the past ... and they said they are working on it (item transmogrification)
    ... yet the project stalled ...and nothing has been heard about it ever since.

3. MrBatons

MrBatons Forum Apprentice

Oh... That really sad then.. They didn't made it.

4. trakilaki

From the dev's point of view I can understand why they are putting back many already started projects ... and giving priority to something that doesn't concern the player. They are in limited small number. The company wants to make money ... but they don't want to invest in resources. And the employees are the biggest asset to any company ... of course I am speaking about programmers, IT related professions, testers ... etc.

5. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Not to mention the number of developers eager to work with the Nebula madness o_O I know I'm not a big fan of in-house frameworks especially when many of them are reinventing the wheel. Most often they are more difficult to maintain because they are rarely properly documented and have lots of obscure bugs since they haven't passed the "market test". And when you get to the part "I wonder how is this supposed to work?" and get the nice answer "Figure it out. The dev who implemented it is no longer around." you start wishing you didn't sign up for this hell.

trakilaki likes this.
  6. trakilaki

That is a plain example of management failure.
    You don't let the employees go ... just because their ideas and projects don't fit into your stingy budget :)

Tilwin90 likes this.
  7. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Ideal vs. real. People go for various reasons and in bigger companies it's different managers (or team leaders) responsible for the person at a certain level.
    If I can't keep the people on my project because I can't find interesting challenges for them, I will take responsibility as a Team Leader as long as I know I haven't done the best I could to motivate the person. Sometimes that goes out of our hands though.
    If the company is paying the person poorly or can't find alternative projects for him/her that's the Line Manager's issue.
    Then again, company's own products vs. nearshoring/outsourcing is a different topic and the dynamics are different. I haven't worked on products of the company itself so there might be aspects where I simply lack the experience to have a formed opinion.

trakilaki likes this.
  8. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

This would be nice, but I would rather have them focus on fixing the game on what we have before adding anything else.

scmn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.