Announcement Weapon Effects Testserver Event

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sunlight, Feb 2, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Heroes, your help is wanted.

When?
    On Monday, 05.02. 17:00 – 18:00 (CET).

What?
    We will book a package to the Players on Testserver via script.

Content?
    Every unique that can use a weapon effect as well as all the needed items that you need to add weapon effects to these uniques.

Who?
    Every Player that was active during the last 3 months (beginning next Monday). Example: If you login tomorrow for the first time you will get this package.
    The Player with the highest level on the account will get the package. If you are not level 50, the Player with the highest level will be set to level 50. If all characters are the same level the character which was logged in the last time will be set to level 50.

Why?
    We want to check if the Weapon Effects can cause performance issues AND we want your feedback.

How can I help?
    Please login on our Testserver https://stablebuild.drakensang.com/ between 17:00 – 18:00 (CET) on Monday, 05.02. , and go to Kingshill!

Open the booked package and try out the Weapon Effects. Last but not least: Please provide your feedback in this thread.

Thanks a lot and happy testing. ​

Yogo, Erag0n and DocWhisky like this.
  2. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Simple suggestion that most players will know... some may not.
    Log on and do some runs... to get a "BASE LINE" of where your FPS and MS are at BEFORE the testing, so you have something to compare your test data to.

Thanks, Doc.

Yogo, Erag0n and YouWinOrYouDie like this.
  3. Erag0n

Erag0n Forum Greenhorn

Which character will get the stuff if we have more than 1 character at lvl 55 (50+)?
    The one who logged in recently or all lvl 55 chars? Thanks

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Did you read the part where it says:
    With a little bit of deductive reasoning, you can assume with reasonable accuracy that if you have more than one LVL 55, you'll get the stuff on the last one you logged into.

Erag0n and DocWhisky like this.
  5. TheHeloixMain

TheHeloixMain Forum Greenhorn

If I don't have lvl 50 on server I get to keep it or it will be revoked (same with uniques) ?

6. _Baragain_

Don't know, but it can't hurt to test it.

7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

This feature had to be delayed until Wednesday due to Internet outage in Berlin.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused. More detailed information will be published tomorrow.

Regards.

8. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Dear heroes of Dracania,

Tomorrow, 07th February, we are introducing Weapon Effects in Test Server.

SCHEDULE:

Countdown starts: 15:45 CET UTC +1 (5 minutes)
    Applying Script: 15:50 CET UTC +1
    Server & Event Start: 16:00 CET UTC +1

Kind regards,
    Your DSO Team

9. DonHavocc

DonHavocc Forum Apprentice

Hello after i download last 206.1 my game start be extremly slow and freze lot of times.
    I download update and all map when i come be aroud 30sec-1min white ( or not load flor) when it load mobs are invisible then i get client froze and everything is normal.

To try fix it i remove DSO folder from %Temp% and redownload/instal game.
    Now isnt better I get client froze when :
    -Comlete Quest
    -Drop something New item
    -When i teleport my blood thing (visual effect) is one big white block.
    -When i teleport on horse i sit on floor when i try move camera goes forward but my "char" still sitting on floor near teleport

I play on PC :
    I5 2500k with silentumPC water cooling system
    12gb RAM
    RX560 4gb
    HDD 750GB
    Win JG Seven64bit
    Resolution 1920x1080px

This annoing things apear both at fullscreen and window mode

And fear after new patch with weapon effects will be worst

Cya in Game , Andrzej

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It could be CDN or internet issues ... the event has been postponed because of internet outage after all.

11. DonHavocc

I have stable connection 250Mbp/s via cable no wifi

BTW idk its good place but i find something when grind my Archer. One of quest give in reward unique item from Nordsman Set quest is in Jarsholm.
    Problem is quest give old type of this unique item :p i dont think people on lvl30 will spend drakens to upgrade item to new version will be nice to get new type off unique from quests too. If i find someting more i way to grind my archer i report it on forum :p

EDIT this is screenshoot with problem
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  12. _Baragain_

He wasn't talking about your internet.

13. MiSi1234

MiSi1234 Someday Author

I have this exact same problem, for me this started quite some releases ago (like at least 7/8 releases).
    since then, every time I update the game after a new release or after a hotfix, my game acts really weird.
    Any map I enter is either not loaded it, or loaded in for 50%.
    The maps just stay mostly white, or square gaps appear in the map, also monsters and my skils aren't loaded in.
    Then when I start to move my character, my game freezes, it literally pauses like I took a screenshot of it, most of the times it stays frozen for around 5 seconds, then it comes back to normal and my character is either dead or at a place far away from where it froze.

Every map has this same issue for me... but only the 1st time I enter it.
    The 1st time it freezes, after that it just works fine with all monsters loaded in and no problems.
    This doesn't only happen to just maps, monsters and skills but also to basically anything else in the game.
    For example when I open the shop for the 1st time, it opens but there are icons missing on the place where they should be.
    Or the daily deal page...the window opens but some/all items are missing there.
    Also these examples will be followed by a frozen screen for about 5 seconds, and after that it's all fine.

Deleting temp files or re-installing the game hasn't fixed this.
    Changing any settings in game doesn't seem to fix it either, even though my computer should be able to run on decent quality.
    This issue also happened on my previous pc which was slightly worse than my current one, although it could run DSO on good quality as well. My current pc is a few months old and the issues started immediately on this one as well.

I will try to see if I can sometime record this when it happens if the explanation isn't clear enough.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention... this issue happens on both the test server and the normal game for me

- Michi

14. DonHavocc

Yes it apear before after downloads but now its realy anoying and happens to often for me. Invisible items on inventory invisible boss skill (like berach bee or herald breath) its realy annoying ;p

15. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

THERE IS CURRENTLY A LARGE NUMBER OF LOGIN REQUESTS. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN 485 SECONDS.

Thanks for opportunity, but I gave up after 30 mins of seeing this...

thanks, Doc

Marsicanus likes this.
  16. DonHavocc

I test new effect on Mage character and i have something to say :
    [​IMG]
    On This weapon effect in world not inventory preview shuld be more visible :) look at screen blood vortex almost cover weapon effect

Ahh one more question :

Dragan Weapon is not included to pack ?? ;p i didnt see it

17. mirabela55

mirabela55 Forum Greenhorn

and i know onether Iissue.when you are on a mount,for example 5v5 mount and try to give effect to a weapon,in the time that you are in mount,you don-t see the effect

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Open up your inventory ... you can see the effect in the character screen.

As for the testing ... ATM there are only 3 options in the settings. There should be another 4th option "turn the effects off". that mans even if I have added effects on the items ... that doesn't mean I want to enable them always. There are times when players are having performance issues so they would want to turn everything off.

As for the performance and lags:
    Even with handful of players (because you didn't increase the TS's capacity
    [​IMG]
    which is leading to ridiculous amount of waiting) ... there is significant amount of performance drop which leads o lag even if all video settings are set to lowest or turned off.

DocWhisky and bLaind like this.
  19. DonHavocc

Performance is OK for now in kingshill :p

20. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Dear Dev, it would be awesome if next time you ask the community if they like your idea before you invest your valuable development, design and QA effort into something so obviously useless like those decorations that most of people will turn off. Moreover, replacing daily prizes with that crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.