Well I have a question

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Phyrix, May 6, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

In my 2.5 years on agathon I have never seen anything like I saw last night on Hereder.
    Have you ever seen a spellweaver set where the spellweaver has this thing that makes little red plus signs like a medic?
    Also everytime he did a skill it sounded like his build was playing a song.
    I have never ever seen a set like that and am extremely curious what the hell he was wearing.
    (He was wearing a costume obviously) (weapon wise he was using Q4)
    I will tag a few veterans and get their opinion.
    @_Baragain_
    @trakilaki
    Have you ever seen something like this?
    I am baffled
    I should have recorded it but did not think to do it when it happened.
    PS: I just asked @-HARRA81- on steam just in case, hope he has an answer if you guys dont.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes I have.
    Was it a PvP battle?
    If so ... it is Supportive Aura PvP talent. All classes have it.
    When a player dies other players from the team can heal from the aura.

[​IMG]

3. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

It was in the great desert

4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Then it has to be the Frozen Sphere group effect, one of the Group Momentums.

It will always play the sound and show the signs, but it won't heal you if you're on the cooldown.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  5. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Ty, guess its not a popular group skill for mages coz its the first time I've seen it

6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I use it all the time and my parties benefit from each getting a 30% heal every 120 seconds (per individual). If my shots are close enough to me, I also get the healing.

It was the second group skill I put points into. The first was resource boost. So I've been using it since day one Dec 12, 2018 when we got it.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

^This.

You're right. With it being limited to only 30% regen every 90 seconds, it really isn't that useful. It's not even like it's attached to a skill that is rarely used so that the SW can use it at just the right time to heal the tank, or time it right when there is some sort of AoE DoT skill that is causing trouble... nooooo, it's attached to the SW's primary damage dealing skill that they are using 90% of the time, so it heals every 120 seconds, whether or no the player being healed needed it. If the cool down were more reasonable, say 15-20 seconds, it might have been more useful, but 120 seconds? Nope!

EDIT: But, if we are being honest, all three of the SW's momentum skills are rather useless since they are tied to regularly used skills (FS, Meteor, and Teleport).

ΣMiwel likes this.
  8. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

While you're 100% correct about SW's momentum skills being... strange... They are useless when we compare them to those of other classes, and only then.

DK has two very useful skills there... and one rather crappy.
    Ra has one useful skill there... and two rather crappy.
    SM has two good... and one rather crappy.
    SW has... umm...

Let's look at it this way:

DK - charge: good
    DK - outburst: more than good
    DK - dragon hide: you what? It'd make sense if it had a way lower cooldown... preferably lower that DH, eg. 30s - so that it can work well with CD reduction and make sense... as it is, it's simply weak.

Ra - EA: good
    Ra - bird: useless, again, cooldown is too long
    Ra - BD: almost useless, and again it's because of cooldown

SM - jump: good
    SM - tesla: more than good
    SM - iron dwarf: same as for DK...

SW - meteor: specific support skill, that is... quite... well... theoretically OP, but...
    SW - FS: can be used as a emergency healing for yourself when you're in group and your potions are on cooldown... but useless aside of that, as you said, 'cause of cooldown
    SW - teleport: used by most mages under normal circumstances, since teleport is widely used to recover mana, it's treated as a teleport afterglow effect... for themselves. Other group members rarely get the effect, because it's mostly useful at bosses, and standing next to each other there is usually counter-intuitive and plain stupid. I'd say that the aura of the effect should be bigger.

9. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Thank you very much :D

I would like to say something about DSO 2019 vs 2016/2017
    It is true that I know now what I am doing, so that helps.
    But back then leveling to 55 was a 6 month process for me.
    This time on Heredur it was a 2 week process
    Within 26 days of login I have all crafts ready and most crafted <- Literally 26 days into the game from start (mind you this build was made in 2016 and left at lvl10 so there is that)
    I already have 450 draken core for my witch seeker torso for which I have a full damage torso, belt is full gold, helmet is 2/2
    I have 2 rings 65% and 61% ready for transfer
    amulet 64.5% also ready for transfer
    full speed gloves too.

So far I have run twice with blizzardman
    Super build I must say and definitely OP
    My latency is halved and 10 times better on Heredur
    I decided that I will go almost full gold on most items <- almost and then after opt for unique lines.
    No darkness set :/ <- really torn up about that part

Some players advised me not to augment my t3 gold base bear weapon to t8,
    they say rather buy it but the logic behind it makes no sense, reason being I will have to keep buying a t7 till I get a gold base or just augment the one I have <- cost is the same if not lower and gold base is guaranteed.
    On Agathon it broke me when I was unable to reach 10k damage after 7 months on level 55.
    What I did then was get back up and farmed gold to buy another premium weapon, crafting was not my strong point 7 months into dso <- had no one to teach me
    Now 26 days into dso I have 13899 damage on whites, so there's that.
    Now when semi done will have 22k damage 16k crit 350% cd and 2.0 attack speed
    next damage boost will come with Dragan <- should have around 28k damage then.
    Then after that comes 4 painful processes
    Gemming
    Glyphing
    Unique lines
    Wisdom
    All good though, with unique lines comes the opportunity to have amazing crit even without royals.

Thanks now I know too :D

Zoltan likes this.