What do you think is the best option of weapon choice?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by therpgrogue, Nov 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

Level 32 DragonKnight here, farming to get enough XP to continue questing away. I was wondering whether I should use a two handed sword, two handed axe, an axe and a shield or a sword and a shield. Currently I am using a sword and a shield against mobs which is good for me because the block rate has probably improved. With my defence higher, I can farm Level 35-36 maps more easily.

But is this really what I should have?

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

You should focus on leveling up and using whatever the best weapon you have on hand at the moment.

As long as you are progressing whatever you do is fine.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm in complete agreement with Novadude. While you are leveling up, you will replace your weapon time and time again. It isn't until you get to the level cap that you really need to start focusing on crafting the "best" weapon, and by that point, there are a lot of things to consider.

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Whatever drops. For leveling just pick up stuff, equip the best and carry on. As for 1h or 2h it depends. If a good enuf 1h wep drops and you can find a green shield with a gold block rate line (and you have the glyphs to upgrade it a bit) then that may work. Generally speaking though for a DK a 2h wep will get the job done quicker.

Another thing to consider at you level are the painful mode dungeons in Duria that should be unlocked for you. Yeah, this may be tough with a newer build but the chance to get a nicer drop is much better.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

They don't unlock until 50.

6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Umm, sorry my friend but they unlock as soon as you finish an area and meet the level requirement. Trust me, I have no life and I wander aimlessly through many accounts and all levels of toons ;)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

p.s. and yeah, right before I posted this I logged onto another account and dropped a lvl 36 RA into FBI painful just to make sure I wasn't crazy(er) :p

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Requirements:
    1. Region's Main quests finished
    2. Level requirements:
    - painful - level 30
    - excruciating - level 50
    - fatal - level 50
    :p :p

MikeyMetro likes this.
  8. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

Yeah I have played in some painful dungeons before and found there are better stuff there. The Duria ones I will go for maybe with a group or something, or maybe play solo and see how many I can take down, get drops etc. Thanks for the tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.