What exactly do I need to upgrade this item?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by AlexCC, Oct 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Hi,

I would like to upgrade this item to Tier I:

[​IMG]

What exactly do I need? I've read the description, but I didn't understood.
    Exactly how many Solid cores and how many Augment Cores do I need?

[​IMG]

Also, where can I find the solid cores? Is it normal that after finishing all the Q's and having done many other runs after that, I only have 3 solid cores?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You obtain solid cores as a random drop for killing bosses in the PWs and because it is a random drop, it is not surprising that you only have 3.

That said, you are asking the wrong questions.
    The better question you should be asking is "Should I be upgrading this wand from T0 to T1?" and the answer is "No way."

There is nothing special about that wand and you could find a better legendary more easily than farming the cores you need for upgrading.

EhtovK likes this.
  3. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Oh I see. But just out of curiosity how many of each would I need? I didn't found the description clear at all.

Well, I've completed the Scorn of Dragon set and i was having fun with the fire shots...
    I guess I'll be back to the same old 2H "as much damage as you can shove in it" build.

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I believe the recipe is your tier 0 scepter + tier I legendary scepter + 100 solid cores + 100 augment cores. Otherwise, Baragain is correct, augmenting this is n9t recommended. For one, the item does not have golden base stats, and is a very low tier. I would not augment unless we are talking gold lines and tier II items, minimum. Even then, I probably wouldn't.

EhtovK likes this.
  5. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The "new and improved" crafting bench still lacks basic information such as this. You are not the first person to ask this type of question and you certainly won't be the last.

Baragain and Novadude are right, save your cores for great gear.

6. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Hey guys, thank you all for your help. Not sure if at some point I've trown away my solid cores, or if put them together that much of an insane task as it seems it is :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  7. ABN555

ABN555 Forum Apprentice

You could use Draken cores, instead of Solid cores, which are mush easier to farm from event boss.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Really?
    You can't use other cores than those specified in the recipe.

9. ABN555

ABN555 Forum Apprentice

Augment Core transfer crafting

Augment Core transfer crafting is pretty much straightforward. All you need to have is:
    • Unique Item (any tier)
    • Legendary Item (one tier higher than the unique item)
    • enough [​IMG] Augment Cores
    • enough elemental/solid/draken cores
    The number of cores needed for the crafting is determined by the unique item's Tier.
    With Augment Core transfer crafting you can't make a mistake, the Unique Item is always in the first slot and the Legendary Item is in the second slot.
    You can upgrade the unique item from Tier 0 to Max. Tier. However, unlike the Soul Core transfer crafting, with augment Core transfer crafting you can't skip tiers. That means you can only upgrade the item to the next level (from T1 to T2, from T2 to T3 ... etc).
    During this crafting you are keeping both the base stats and the enchantments, with the only difference ... the base stats are getting higher according to the Tier respectively.

Copied from the wiki site. I`m as confused as many about crafting and not realy tried it. Still wondering if gold lines really exist or just an urban ledgen.

Eridiani likes this.
  10. trakilaki

Crafting is not something you memorize and use it by reading guides. That guide is just helping ... but you can't rely only on reading guides. You need a practice ... you have to practice.
    That doesn't mean you can use cores of your choice ... that means you have to use the exact cores as specified in the item's tooltip.
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The pop up should show you what you need. This would solve 99% of the questions.

Unique item - Legendary item - X number of whatever type core - X number of whatever type core.

Same could be done with Unique item - Unique item. This really shouldn't be hard to fix.

A player puts in an item and what is needed fills in automatically.

Instead, they choose to use question marks forcing everyone to ask the same question over and over again.

12. trakilaki

But it already fills in automatically when you insert the item.
    Those ??? marks you are seeing there are variables being displayed with question marks because there is no item put on the workbench ... as you can see that is the recipe shown without any item put in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.