What is in the Relic Chest of Enhancement?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Cronyism, Jan 30, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cronyism

Cronyism Forum Greenhorn

As the headline states, does anyone know what is inside the "Relic Chest of Enhancement" ?

I did the grind in Gloomy Pastures, but after figuring out the droprate for quest items in Sulfur Desert is around 8.5 per run, I wanted to know whats inside the chest, before I continue the grind through Sulfur, then Excavation, into Iron Forest.

I tried google and searching the forum, but no luck.

Can anyone help me?

/Crony

2. Erebus

Erebus User

The rewards are shown in the Wiki article for "A Fistful of Sweets" quest, it contains a Jewel of Enhancement, best regards. ;)

3. Cronyism

Cronyism Forum Greenhorn

So, dont get me wrong, but at least 50 hours of grinding quest items, and you get 1 Jewel of Enhancement? I am new to the game, so I might be wrong, but that is not worth it, right?

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

You got that correct! Here's a beer (or milk & cookies depending on your preference or legalities :p) Dark Dwarf Heist event has a much more reasonable path for getting the jewel of enhancement (aka joker.) Unless you have a sacred ruby, perhaps onyx, in play and another one in storage right now and need the joker right now there is really no need to bother with this.

Ofc, the other main reward for the this quest line is a second Golden Earring (no, not the dutch rock band :cool: but the pet part.) But then again only one of the pets is truly useful and the other is just a collectors bag item. So you can wait until the next time this event rolls around to finish the lesser pet.

The joker can also be obtained from the daily deal if you have a reason to spend a bunch of ander in one day. At least one joker was also handed out last year as a community challenge bonus code.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

It doesnt take that long to be honest.If you do it solo it might take quite a while but if u do it with a party and only focus on them JoE quests, you can get each map done in like 2h-3h, maybe less.If you take into consideration that each of those JOE can be worth over 200k ander u can then ask yourself if spending 10-12h for 200k ander is worthy or not.

Each of them quests (maps) requires like 1k-2k + pearls to finish...you can easily get that amount within a hour farm....

6. Cronyism

Cronyism Forum Greenhorn

I'm new to this game, I only just got 55 before this event. So I dont know 1) how to get through, lets say Sulfur Desert, that drops aprox 8.5 quest items each map, 30 times within 2-3 hours. 2) why this Jewel of Enhancement is worth over 200k ander? and 3) how on earth is is possible to get 1-2k pearls in 1 hour? I can, if i rush, clear the castle in 10-15 so 5 times an hour each time around 100 pearls.

If you care to elaborate, I would like to read and learn :)

ALSO - to MikeyMetro: thanks. Ill take a beer, please. As above mentioned, I'm new, so I dont even know what "the Joker" is. But from what you wrote, Ill jump up and fall down again on the fact that doing the quest line is not that important. And on another note, I agree on the 10% pet being the only one to seek. Not sure I will get there this time around, but I'll definitely try.

7. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

The Jewel of Enhancement allows you to replace the Jewel of Enhancement with another gem that matches the two you have when combining gems. When combining rubies for example, you could take two royal rubies and combine them with a Jewel of Enhancement. This is the best value for the Jewel.

Royal Rubies cost 486,000 andermant. Royal Rubies of Quizah cost 680,400 anderment...were you to buy them out of hand. So if you replace one of those with the Jewel of Enhancement, you're saving a ton in ander.

8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is a matter of perspective. Is 50 hours (or less) of farming worth 226800 andermant to you?

As Dragonnns pointed out, the Jewel of Enhancement takes the place of a gem on the gem crafting bench. In theory, you could replace a flawed defensive gem with a Jewel of Enhancement, and in that case, that jewel would be replacing a gem worth 33 andermant. On the other hand, if you use it to replace an offensive Sacred Qaizah gem while crafting a Royal, then it is replacing a gem worth 226800 andermant.

The problem is, this is a long term investment since you won't be able to make best use of it for likely 1-2 years (or more).

Along those lines, if you collect enough, you could actually make use of them sooner. In a standard "end game" build, you want 10 offensive royal gems, and most people place a higher emphasis on offensive gems than defensive gems. If you acquired 11+ of these universal gems before you are able to use your first one, you find yourself in a position to make a choice. If you have more than 10, you could use the excess on crafting royal defensive gems, or you could use them to craft sacred offensive gems. A Flawless Qaizah offensive gem (used in crafting Sacreds) is worth 75600 andermant while a Sacred Qaizah defensive gem (for crafting a Royal) is worth 91980. Strictly speaking, it would be more "efficient" to use all your universal jewels in the fabrication of Royals (even defensive ones), but as I said, many players place a higher emphasis on offensive gems over defensive gems, so there is an argument to be made.

Dragonnns only made a minor mistake; the gem can only be worth 226800 andermant at this time, because it's value is determined by the cost of the gem it replaces. At this time, the highest gem you can craft is an Royal offensive gem of the new type. That requires 3x gems, each worth 226800 andermant (for a total 680400 ander). Until they give us a higher tier gem (*shudder*), the most the Jewel of Enhancement can be worth is 226800 (not 680400), because it takes the place of a sacred gem in the crafting of the royal.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  9. Cronyism

Cronyism Forum Greenhorn

Thank you for this elaborate answer and your time writing it.

also thanks to Dragonnns for waking Baragain from his slumber, getting him to write this long reply :)

I understand now, that it is a long term investment, and I will think about it through the event time, if I should put the effort into completing the quest line or not.

Thank you all. Topic closed unless anyone has anything they want to add.

/Crony

10. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Closing the thread.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.