What should i do?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Phoro, Jan 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

I quit the game a while ago, and now i came back, and i have no idea what to do with my character. My crit and crit dmg are very low. Give advice pls. I want to get to lvl 50, where is best place to farm for it?
    http://imgur.com/a/gP9GD
    Also, i have this 2H, which could be better with more slots and gems.
    http://imgur.com/a/ujTqi
    EDIT:
    Whooops i have blue essence on
    REAL DMG is 2047-3232
    speed 1.18
    I HAD WRONG SETTINGS @@@

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Well I am not one of the elite DK but I can get you a starting direction to go on.

First of all I cant know exactly what each of your legendaries give so I wont be able to tell you if you should replace it or not but here is what I can tell you.

Getting To Level 50:
    If you are strong enough I wouldnt try to rush it and just keep doing PW as usually and events and you would get there but if you are determined on getting there fast then you could farm the cradle of life or nahuatlan which can give you nice gems and a few andermant along the way, I did have a special area there that helped me farm a lot of xp fast but I dont think it would be necessary for you. (As well as I dont want it to get nerfed for future players who find it).

About Your 2H Weapon That You Had Found:
    Currently the best 2H weapon to go with would be an axe as with the crit rate nerf, crit is hard to come by and the axe would help you achieve higher amount of crit rate while still giving nice damage. People can give you a lot of different types of enchants to be looking for but I will just give you a link for a thread made by bargain which you could use to learn what to look for. Meanwhile I would use the axe you found but opening slots for it would just be a waste of ander as finding a better one is more likely to happen.
    Link: (https://board-en.drakensang.com/thr...r-figuring-out-ideal-stats-on-a-weapon.71315/)

About gear choices:
    This is a topic that would be long to write right now for me but I will try to at least give you a good direction and later people could give you a more detailed and complete guide to go with.

You are using the old karabossa set which all though is nice it aint so good today. I would recommend you to save drakens for the black warlord set (The old dragan set which you can buy at the gnob if it is on sale or try your luck in the lucky sphere), that would boost your defense and damage which could give you a bit of advantage.

For a torso you should use either a %dmg torso or an armor torso depending on if you have enough armor or not.

For left side items I would try to get at least 1 bloodtooth ring as it gives you 25% crit rate + health which is a lot more than you will be able to find on a legendary and try to get maybe another 4x crit rate lines legendary. For crit damage I would go for the new karabossa's cloak which would give you some resistance,crit rate and 15% crit dmg and maybe a nice amulet/adorntment with 40%+ crit damage as a starting goal.

Note - Attack speed isnt as important in pve as it is in pvp so if you are lacking in defense the gloves are something to help you.

Knowledge Tree:
    I am not so sure about your knowledge but it would be good to use 10 points on behemoth skill, 25 on damage and 15 on health. After that you could change any way that you find needed. (So if you arent on knowledge lvl 50 start getting to it).

I would call that a start from my point of view (I am a 1H user but from reading and hearing from others that is what I could understand is best for a 2H), Your dps is very low for a DK in your level but with enough farming and enough understanding (And luck) Im sure you can reach enough defense and dps to be able to solo or be of a lot of use for your team.

Good Luck! ;)

sebastian_fl likes this.
  3. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

Holy cow i actually can solo mortis with blue ess with the axe & adornment switch.
    Btw, wasn't that area nerfed already? I heard too a long time ago that there was area for good xp, but it got nerfed just before i got there...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

You are talking about a special area that only opens for a quest, not the ones I was talking about. Also sorry if it sounded like I offended you.

5. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi Phoro,

First you might want to visit show what you have thread to visualize current end game DK look's like and capable of.
    Second you might want to have short and long term goal.
    Focus on the short term goal, as it is to support you to get through long term goal.

The short term goal would be:
    1. Decrease/eliminate the use of resource(blue ess, health potion, andermant for revive.. ect)
    These resources will be needed later when you are lvl 50 and in certain condition only.
    2. Increase HP by 10K.
    Use any items that gives more HP.
    3. Increase Damage, until you get about 2k+ max damage
    Keep an eye for exo weapon with damage above 500. you can upgrade it cheaper to 54-55.
    With more HP pool and MWS you can survive in PW only using green ess. And can use blue ess to kill the miniboss & boss.

While you keep farming to make profit.. you can get through your long term goal slowly but sure.

Ps: You always can use your thread from time to time to get insight from other players like this one:
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/lvl-50-fresh-meat.71158/

Belei likes this.
  6. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

Update: Improved hp, crit, armor

http://imgur.com/a/ByuEm

I still need more crit

Btw, is Battle Frenzy worth using as 2h DK?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. gun

gun Forum Great Master

The toon is still lvl 49, yet the stats looks like already in lvl 50 for a few months.
    I think this is good, I can see you can make profitable run.

Consider to craft specific items to grow specific stats.

For me Battle Frenzy can not replace the other 9 in my skill slots.

8. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Dragan even is coming up so maybe you can find someone to help you grab the new set. I wouldn't combine them until you are level 50 though :D

9. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

Is the new set better or worse than the old?

10. tudotank

tudotank Forum Apprentice

Well, with new one you get more dmg, but you loose some attack speed from gloves, and trvel speed from boots :D. For me, as a dwarf, old one is more profitable that new one..but, thay both are good enough, so, depends on your preferences . :D Good luck .

11. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

I hope it at least beats the old karabossa set that i got at lvl 45..

12. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

I ended up quite disliking the old karabossa set in spite of it providing pretty good offensive stats.
    - The lack of defensive stats is irritating for me. The armor provides so little actual armor value I almost couldn't even take advantage of the jester gem (armor gems were better in it instead).
    - The damage throughput is not great. +22% maximum damage is somewhere around +11% damage. Not to mention that the big gap between minimum and maximum damage creates unpredictability I dislike especially when using one-shot abilities (Meteor, Destruction etc.). It gives me the impression I am more powerful than I really am before it ends up fizzling in my face.
    In contrast you have the Sigrissmar armor which not only gives from the beginning +20% damage but almost very good armor value and on top of that an extra unique effect.
    - The attack speed is not bad, but no longer as crucial as it used to be. Few characters rely on high attack speed anymore. The introduction of speed in wisdom talent makes this possible. Plus now there are pets that can also offer this, should your build really require it. Ultimately, you should aim for sapphires to ensure you get a decent attack speed rate.
    - Even the critical hit rate is not something amazing. Look at Darkness set and you will see that only the helmet gives +35% critical hit rate. Add the 2 piece bonus and the fact that the pauldron offer flat critical hit rate and you are already in a pretty good position.

Now for a Dragonknight, I saw a lot of people using either the old or offensive new dragan set. The old dragan is a bit more defensive due to the available block rate for two handed builds (that's pretty nifty). Both of them however are recommend for two handed dragonknights and will definitely increase your damage throughput. The next question is how do you balance into the equation critical hit rate/damage and defensive stats.

I did see one-handed tank-style dragonknights using the defensive new dragan set. I think you guys are the only class right now that would be truly interested in that set if you want to go full tank mode.

Ultimately don't bother if you don't get uniques. Search for good legendaries, start crafting and you will start to improve your stats in no time.

13. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

My atk speed will drop to 0.98 when i replace my witch set, and i have 2 radiant sapphires and 3 polished in use :( I should probably get speed gloves but that would make my defense very low..

Tilwin90 likes this.
  14. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

I feel ya. That's a problem. My character is slightly older so I pumped my attack speed up to 1.44 with good gems, wisdom and darkness gloves. But since you won't find the Darkness set that useful it's okay to try and craft gold lines purple gloves and aim for a three-lines legendary.
    Previously I also used the attack speed pet I got during some Dragan event. 5% raptor I think. Also transitioning from one handed to two handed is a shock in terms to attack speed until you get used to it.
    Behemoth won't help you either because it further cripples your attack speed. And you do need decent attack speed to pump up your rage (or mana & combos in the case of Spellweavers).
    So yeah... choices! It's okay to stick to Witch Hunter until you get something better. :)

15. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

I dont really understand the crafting 2.0 and how to transfer those gold lines, i tried few times, all failed

16. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

You should probably check the wiki then cause it has a very good explanation.
    Alternatively I also wrote quite an explicit post recently on the topic you may find on this page.
    Crafting is the best way to obtain the best items at your control (well, mostly) in game!
    If you need supplementary help, if your character is on Heredur please feel free to add me to your friends list ingame and I can offer some direct support that way if you need :)
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.