Which ring combo???

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Rhysingstar, Mar 9, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Finally managed to get a Ring of Death to drop, now I'm in a real quandary.

2 spots, 3 decent rings to choose from.

1. Agathon Lost Ring
    2. Dragan Ring
    3. Ring of Death.

Currently I am wearing the Agathon and Dragan, which gives a real nice boost in HP (for now), but once I get enough solid cores, the real fun begins as the standard enchantments get replaced with crit dmg lines.

All 3 rings have at least one gold base line.

So which combo should I keep?

2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

I'm newbie, but I would keep Dragan+Agathon. At least this is what I plan to do when I finally craft 4/4 ring. I would make both HP and CritDmg versions of Agathon and switch when required.

3. Rhysingstar

What is your reasoning for that particular combo, if you don't mind sharing. Is it to get your HP over a certain point?

I should have clarified, this will be for a 2h (if that makes any difference).

4. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

I personally want to use 3/5 agathon. Another option is to get dragonache ring/q9 amulet/spider adornment. But I don't really consider mortis ring anymore.

But you are right, 2h focus makes conversation different. So i dont know. I aim for an all around solution, which is based on 3/5 and 5/5 agathon in 2h and 1h modes.

5. Rhysingstar

I just realized that if I am going to keep my Dragan set, I'll have to use the Dragan ring to keep the set bonus (If I want to use Herald gloves/weapon).

Unless of course I go with the Bearach weapon/belt combo. Then I could lose the Dragan ring.

Too many options :mad:

6. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I'm kinda in the same stage of deciding what rings to use/craft:
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/show-what-you-have.7899/page-89#post-683360
    Since I play only 2H, I don't really want to lose HP by using the Mortis ring, but I find the 10% atk spd attractive :oops:, on the other hand the Agathon ring has HP instead of res., and the armor line is also a nice defensive plus. But I wouldn't switch the Q9 amulet with the one from this set to lose a lot of res. and gain only 10% CD, and also neither the weapon adornment for the same 10% CD, or even in 3/5 for the other 15% CD from the set bonus... instead of a Karabossa cloak+magotina adornment combo, or even a possible Kaylin cloak+vanquisher adornment combo.
    I use the Q4 set, so the tier2 Dragan ring that I have (had no luck in the recent event for a high tier one) will never get a spot in my build... unless I decide to go for the Q7 set as well.:D
    Didn't get any dragonsilver rings either (I have an old lvl 50 one tho'). But this expensive (to upgrade) ring would've been a nice alternative to consider in making someone break a NM cloak+adornment combo.
    So I guess that, unless one has high tier HP gems and HP runes to use on Mortis rings, the Agathon ring (or any CHR/HP ring for that matter) is the better choice to go with... don't you think so?

7. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I have a DK in my guild that has 2 legendary rings (4x yelow lines) with 3x CD and one life per item 60% and he will craft them on Dragan and Agathon -reason is - he want to use them for 2h build and for PvP so he will use the adornment form cubes i think.He dont have so good gems and he need more stamina from items.

8. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

My choice would be:
    Dragan Ring + Mortis Ring

Reason for Dragan Ring:
    For 2H, I would be using the Herald Set, and so I need Dragan Ring for the Dragan Set.
    For 1H, I would be using Heredur Set, and still I need Dragan Ring for the Dragan Set.

Reason for Mortis Ring:
    10% Attack Speed and Crit seems to stand out above all other Rings.

Rhysingstar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.