Winter Solstice log

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Zulily19, Dec 9, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

This is the first year I've been able to do any of the minis. Where is the place to light the Solstice logs? I have 39 of them but they don't work for me. I click on them nothing happens. I have no problem killing The monster( can't spell his name) I'm dying to and from there. I read guides it says light them by cages I tried and tried again. So what am I doing wrong? Please help and thank you.

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You say you are dying on the way too and from the boss. Are you dying from getting shot by the turrets or dying from the instant death ice debuff on the way there? Since you say you are dying both ways, I'm guessing the turrets and, if that is the case, the Solstice Logs can't help you. If you are dying due to the instant death debuff, then the logs can help you, but with only 39, you should not depend on them. They are more of a "break glass in case of emergency" kind of item.

The Solstice Logs let you click the wood in the fire pits between the safe zones. It resets your instant death counter back to 20 seconds. The only time you should use this is if you get stuck half way between the two safe zones and need some extra time to get to the next safe zone. I've made just over 30 runs and I've only gotten stuck 2-3 times and had to use a log to avoid the instant death. If you can't get between two safe zones (or are consistently having issues with one section) and need these to get from Point A to Point B, you need to reconsider your strategy. One strategy is to go out, less than half way, kill some monsters and then go backwards to the safe zone. Do this a couple times and you can clear half the path and all you have to worry about is the turrets. You can also pull the mobs back to the safe zone and engage them there.

Zulily19 and Morinphen like this.
  3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

The way I do is just run from point A to point B avoiding creatures as much as I can. If they blocked me once, I use jump to escape. Very rarely they managed to block me twice from a point A to point B and that needs a couple of hits to get them out, but since it is rare and mostly once between two points, I never had a reason to use logs.

Also, avoid getting hit from those laser shots, they would slow you down.

Zulily19 likes this.
  4. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Look for these objects: [​IMG]

Zulily19 likes this.
  5. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

Yes sometimes I'm to slow and get stuck by mobs, then I panic (smh) This is the first Winter Solstice I've been able to do painful finally got that moose. But the Mimi's are a lot harder. I won't finish them all this year but that's just .fine Thank you for your help.

-MERGED-

Ahh I'm so duh!!I thought they where the children's cages.(augh)!!Thank you Sometimes I need a picture.

-MERGED-

Thank you unfortunately I'm still green behind the ears. I need all the help I can get.
    I'll give it a try.
    My question is answered . The thread can be closed.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 12, 2017
  6. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.