Wolves vs Wood Wraith?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by kurokishi, Sep 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurokishi

kurokishi Forum Apprentice

I'm still failing to understand the point of the wood wraith skill.
    To begin with it requires 2 talent points to 'upgrade' the skill from wolf to wraith but it feels more like I'm spending points for a downgrade. By the time I've set out my wraith in PVP my wolves would already be running and issuing substantial damage to my opponent, then when wraith finally reaches the opponent it'll have come to the end of its duration and disappear. Meanwhile in PVE I'll have killed all surrounding creatures by the time the wraith manages a single swing attack. To me it's an easy choice - why would I pick slow, clunky and inefficient over triple the allies which travel and attack faster?
    So is there some advantage against the wolves that I'm missing or is this an oversight from BP? If it is an oversight could or would anything be done about it?

2. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Of course. You need to understand the pros and cons of both.

Wolves are fast, do single target damage and have lesser life points.
    Tree is slow, but has a stun, do AOE damage and have a good amount of life points.

Wolves are ideal for PvP. Usually, when you are on PvP battles, getting the wolves and heal skill on them is the way to go.
    However, there is one advantage of having the Tree on a PvP battle. If you decide to guard the flag point in a 5v5 match, then the Tree is better as you can spawn it around the flag and whoever comes near the flag will get stunned and attacked.

For PvE, I prefer the Tree, and usually I use it when killing a horde of creatures. The AOE damage on tons of creatures, heals me pretty much to have 100% health all the time as long as the Tree is up and Tree will do remarkable damage to lesser creatures.

3. AnnaConda

AnnaConda Someday Author

This was a useful post, cdeepal, as I had the same problem as kurokishi.

4. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

you should call it chicks VS turtle......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.