Suggestion World Boss? Or Boss rush event?

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by oOKellueHazeOo, Apr 8, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Does this seem like a good addition to the game?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

This game needs something new, or just more weekly things we can do, I have 2 suggestions
    1. A World boss, Every 3/4 days a huge boss can appear in any of the wilderness areas which has a unbelievable amount of hp, and a high amount of damage to players, The map which the boss is in should allow around 30-50 people to fight and participate in the battle, the rewards could be based on what rank you are for killing the boss or what place you came for how much damage you dealt to the boss for example, 1st place - random costume or mount , 3000x Ess of Destruction/war/combat, 5x legendary items, 1000 gold etc.

2. A boss rush event, A little bit like a horde but with bosses instead, You gain an entry to an arena every day (or make it with realm fragments) have 1 progress bar but have really good rewards on it. In the arena you have 20 minutes to kill as much bosses as possible, going from easiest to hardest and the boss stats get higher every time you kill a boss, so it's actually a challenge.
    I know these sound very basic but maybe people could add to the suggestion and add their own twist to it ;)

Isley likes this.
  2. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Haha I know where you're coming from.

I'm imagining PW Inf4 level Bearach taking a walk around Twilight Downs just wrecking the 46 level people. Distress on the world map! Heroes, quick, come help! And everyone just gangbangs the boss for 30 minutes, 'cause bosses have more hp the more people fight them, right?

I like that :D

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

This was already implemented in THIS game ... and it never worked out.

4. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

And when was that?
    Dragan's vanguard?

5. trakilaki

Exactly.
    While you were twinking ... cap level players were killing those knights who were at much higher level than the cap level and very hard to kill.

6. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

That's 5 people in a group killing him from the videos ive seen, im talking about 20/30 people attacking a boss but respawns cost less during that time so people can stay in the action. If executed properly it could be a really good edition in the game.
    I dont know why you needed to bring up "twinking" when there was no need ;)

trakilaki likes this.
  7. trakilaki

Just teasing you up :p I just wanted to see your reaction :p
    No, it wasn't 5 players. 5 players can only get into one group ... but ... those knights were showing up in wilderness not in dungeons ... so 50 or 100 players (or what ever is the max number of players per instance) could attack them in same time.
    We were waiting like fools and most of us never really got anything from the drop :D

8. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Yeah but c'mon traki^^ if the DEV's use their brain and actually give out good drops from the boss and let everyone at least do some damage to it ( let the people in the wilderness area have their stats fairly scaled to the highest player) then it would be pretty fun to see, I never took part in the dragans vanguard because I think I came just after it went but it would be really cool to see some type of world boss occur. Just lets hope that the DEV's dont mess it up ;)

9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Yes, but with a couple of conditions (None of these are my own ideas but taken from other games I have played that have something similar... that actually work and are liked by players :D)
    • The wilderness boss needs to happen at a specific time of day (best if twice a day, 12 hours apart, to accommodate players in all time zones)
    • The wilderness boss should spawn in each new instance created during the event. If I recall from the attempted player created guild wars here on Tegan an instance in this game cannot hold very many players.
    • The wilderness boss is immune from effects (stuns, slows, DoT, etc.), immune from Crit dmg and basically has no armor or resistance. It just has a huge amount of HP.
    • Rewards (for either the wilderness or arena variations) cannot be over-the-top. Just a bit more of the commonly farmed resources. Anders, gold, GOP, small ess, small gems, etc. A special cosmetic reward could be given for most damage dealt, last hit, or some such achievement. In this game, rewards cannot be drops! This is simply because drops here can range from crap to godly (with mostly crap :rolleyes:.) There could be an overall leaderboard as well.
    //edit// There once was a game I played that pulled off both of these ideas to near perfection. Sadly it no longer exists :(

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Akageshi likes this.
  10. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Hey that sounds really good, I know another game where this comes from (especially the bottom bit) EDIT , they have a WORLD BOSS that comes every 12 hours HOWEVER , everyone on the server can attack it above level 50 I think. IT would be really cool to see in dso.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 9, 2019
  11. Isley

Isley Forum Apprentice

Even though there is always a possibility that something new will not work on Drakensang Online, I like the suggestion of a world boss.

I really like the world boss events in most of the mmo's that I played, but I did not get to see this in an asymmetrical camera game, but I think it would not be bad, in case you just instantiate the map in several channels otherwise it would be one real chaos in the middle of the game. It is likely that in the future of the mmo's it becomes a public requirement to have the world boss event.