Suggestion Xp in Workbench

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Bubble, May 11, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What do you think?

Poll closed May 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. The idea needs work

25.0%
  1. Bubble

Bubble Someday Author

We all learn (or at least we should ;)) of our mistakes. The alchemist becomes Master after many tests with more errors than successes, and based on that learning his successes increase and his errors diminish. Well this does not happen with the Work Bank.
    My proposal: that as we make combinations raise our XP in it, obviously it must be divided by item: it is not the same to combine rings as boots :D
    That XP as it grows will increase our chances of achieving a successful combination

Arr likes this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I voted 'no'. Not because it is a bad idea (I play some other games that do something similar.) Rather, because I think I would be much better for this game if the dev's simply flattened the curve of the prng.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Well yes, but actually no.

Maybe with some stuff like cost decreasing or maybe eventually removing it for the alchemy items and gems...
    ...but, as Mikey said, it's clear that PRNG is plain unfair... it's not even random.

I think that what would make real sense is some sort of a special skill tree dedicated for crafting and foraging, that would increase our material collecting speed in the dungeons, maybe increase its drop stack size, decrease the cost of crafting, maybe something that would let us craft with 3 and then eventually 2 items? (it would still return 2 items on revert) Or the other way around, increase the items you retrieve by reverting, to 3 and eventually to 4.
    Exp in that tree would be achieved by crafting and collecting herbs&ores in the dungeons.

Nightblade and oOKellueHazeOo like this.
  4. nikatar

nikatar Junior Expert

I liked your idea and i agree with that but at one point it would be to easy to craft even platium lines so in my opinion this should happen only at platinum lines! In other words increase the chance to get the item with the platinum lines you want but like 5%! Even 10% i think it would be easy enough.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Define "Successful."

Right now, it is all PRNG, but unless this idea comes with a system of indicating what is preferable when crafting, you're at the mercy of what the developers think is "Successful." You trust them to do that?

Any "improvement" to the system needs to be thought out in such a way that it rewards players while not unbalancing the crafting system such that it is stupidly easy to make OP items.

TwiliShadow likes this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I agree with _Baragain_.

An example: Boots. Some people want with movement speed. Some people want with Health. The first group would not consider the second result a success, just as the second group would not consider the first result success.

I have 2 plat & 2 gold lines of movement speed in my boots. If memory serves correctly, _Baragain_ has 4 lines of Health in his boots (don't remember his gold/platinum combination off the top of my head). He's a DK. Doesn't need to move fast. I'm a SW that is bad at picking things up (especially lockpicks) and often need to catch back up to group, and run speed from some of those bosses.