1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

« Carnival Queen », fourth session: discussion.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by elRe, Oct 1, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. elRe

elRe Padavan

To participate in the « Carnival Queen » event, fourth session, time remain 42 hours, the Farmerama user can launch the 15 second duration decorated carnival parade float thanks to the free [​IMG] Candy Basket and catch many rewards thrown by the Carnival Queen, as soon as preparatives be completed: five [​IMG] Paint permanent tool drops, [​IMG] 2000 Amaranth event crops and ten [​IMG] Papier Mâché mill products (2 Amaranth Flour + [​IMG] 37 Paper Strip event drops; one [​IMG] Amaranth Flour mill product needs 68 Amaranth event crops).

Total Amaranth event crops: 3496 (10 event crop start seeds);
    total Paper Strip event drops: 370 (drop when harvesting trees, stables, workshops and crops from 3 mainland fields);
    total Paint permanent tool drops: 5 (a higher drop rate during the event is announced);
    total Candy Basket event drops: as much as You can (drop when harvesting trees, stables, workshops and crops from 3 mainland fields).

Read the Farmerama Actual Quackery (FAQ): « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/carnival-queen.33549 »;

get event drops from friendly helpers: « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/sos-carnival-queen.33553 »;
    give Feedback: « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/carnival-queen.33554 ».

Previous Carnival Queen Sessions:
    [​IMG]
    Third, Feb 2018, « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/carnival-queen.30893 », cloudrow;
    second, May 2017, « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/carnival-queen.27957 »;
    first, Feb 2016, « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/carnival-queen.23453 ».
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks elRe for the thread. I am glad that we need not mill candy baskets to start the mini game. Last time we had to mill & then use it to play the mini-game. Let's see what Bunia gives.

Finish decorating the Parade Float, that is finish the event requirements of Parade float steps & then you can start the mini game to catch the chocolates & other gifts.
    We need to mill 2 mill items for it.
    1. 1st mill item - Amaranth Flour - 20 amaranth flour
    1 Amaranth flour = 68 x Amaranth
    2. Then mill the 2nd mill item - Papier mache from amaranth flour - 10 papier mache.

For milling 10 Papier-mâché we need
    1 Papier-mâché = 2 x Amaranth flour + 37 x Paper Strips
    So for,
    10 Papier-mâché = 1360 Amaranth crops (10 x 2 x 68 Amaranth ) + 370 Paper Strips (10 x 37)

To complete decorating the Parade float we need a total of,
    3360 Amaranth crop ( 2000 + 1360 (mill))
    370 Paper Strips
    5 paint tool

You will get Candy Baskets as drops from harvest of crop, tree & stalls. After finishing the float, use it to play the mini game of catching the goodies. Monkey Queen also throws special rewards : Amounts of EP, TEP, CC, Super-grow, Power-feed, Suzy's Turbo-mulch, Suzy's Super-grow, Golden Bananas, Farm Coins and Reward Crates.
    1 candy basket = 1 mini game

3. AniE

AniE Forum Master

Queen right after two other events.

4. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Yes, but historically the Carnival Queen event is a good one for replenishing depleted resources.

May the golden bananas be abundant...especially for our newer players.

5. elRe

elRe Padavan

The actual preliminary official event guide remember the [​IMG] Floral Candy Basket too:
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Edit.
    Do not confuse ‘Amaranth crop’ and ‘Amarant event crop’, take a look at the Official Announcement concerning the Amaranth update: « www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/amaranth-update.33552 ».

6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks elRe and 12ss12 for starting this thread and the number crunching! Brain dead after just finishing the Star ship event,
    getting the land ready on Baha for the Funky Fern event and now getting into Carnival mode! I do:inlove::inlove: the carnival I hope
    the queen is in a good and generous mood!:p

7. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Duke

For those who are new to this event, start milling and playing each game as soon as you can, as it can take quite a while for the carnival queen to pass by and it can get quite monotonous if you have a lot to use up at the end.

8. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

This is the best advice!!!! ;) Plus the sooner you get to the Monkey Queen...the sooner you can get her fabulous treats!!!!!:music:

9. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Overlooker

The Carnival Queen used to be a good one for replenishing resources... this one looks to have been watered down compared to the past and with back to back and simultaneous events maybe this is the reason for the short term and smaller quantities of junks. We shall see...

Did you notice the Monkey Queen's float has gotten smaller and smaller with each edition?

MARLYMAR, KaiCat33, habalala and 8 others like this.
  10. fun2farm

fun2farm Padavan

........annnnnd more complicated?

This game is mislabeled as a Farming game. It is really an Event game to make $$$.
    Frankly, it is exhausting...:sleepy: I'm not sure which game I want to play anymore.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    marymac50, KaiCat33, habalala and 5 others like this.
  11. Fredhoof

Fredhoof Forum-Greenhorn

This is the first Carnival Queen event I've been to. Do the "candy points" mentioned in this one's FAQ have a use, or are the candy objects basically just auto-conversion junk?

12. 12ss12

Hi Fredhoof, Candies will be converted to EPs & CCs. You need not concern on catching them. Aim for other goodies like powerfeeds, Golden Bananas, SGs, SSGs, TMs etc., They are worth.

13. Nala777

Nala777 Advanced

Thanks @elRe and @12ss12 for starting this thread and doing the calculation for us. :inlove::inlove:

14. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Master

The Paint will have a higher drop rate while harvesting your fields during the event. Any idea how the same can be used as it is not a buff

15. Mooboy

Mooboy Forum General

kibsnfebs, There is several Refinement Crops, that can take advantage of Enhancing better Drops of Paints. The best two refinements is Hops (400x), Gerbera (550x).

We only have 48 hour Window with this Event. As we need to reap 3360 Amaranth,370 Paper Clips ASAP;) It Three days shorter than last Carnival Queen. Some of you say Farmerama is more mean with this event not really of you look from my perspective.

This time no farm coins needed to be collected, instead they have given us Crate of Tree N Stables, Crate of Farm Supplies III, Crate of Stables and Crate of Joyful Animals, We can win lovely prizes with these Crates.:D I am going to try get as many Candy Baskets as I can. xD

16. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Master

Mooboy ! Thank You for clarification.

17. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Event runs for 42 hours only!
    42 hrs minus 16 hours sleep = 26 hrs effective time to spend!

Event crop grow times
    5:00 hr regular
    4:00 hr with water
    3:36 hr with water and manure

3360 crops needed for decoration, 10 starter seeds

Doing it the 'regular way' means 3 -using 504 SSG- or 4 -using 110 SSG- harvests are needed:

1. apply CAC buff
    2. 10 4x4 plots (water, manure, SSG) -> 100 seeds
    3. 100 4x4 plots (water, manure, SSG) -> 1000 seeds
    4. 787 1x1 plots (water, manure) -> 3148 seeds + 213 remaining seeds (total 3361 seeds)
    Due to the amount of plots needed this requires 2 harvests.

Alternative for doing it in 1 harvest:
    4a. 394 1x1 plots (water, manure, SSG) -> 2758 seeds + 606 remaining seeds (total 3364 seeds)

Another alternative is to use comfort fields with water, manure, SSG and SG applied, plus CAC, Fruit Cake and White Innocence buffs.

Without using Super Grow on any harvest, the decoration can't be finished within 12 hours (and includes an in night harvest and a very early morning harvest) .. If managed this way, starting at 16:00 CEST, it leaves about 26 hours to play the mini game, minus 8 hrs sleep tomorrow = 18 hrs effective.

Everyone not harvesting in the middle of the night (most of us I guess) will only be able to play the mini game for about 12 hrs max.

Oh, and I hope your prepararion and the event crop harvests provide enough drops to finish the decoration!

Duh, tough event!

Wish all who dare and are able to participate the best of luck.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  18. AniE

AniE Forum Master

Most of those 42 hours I will be at work or asleep, so I guess that counts me out of this event.

Banjoman, KaiCat33 and joanc123 like this.
  19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Well I foresee a huge problem. Remember the previous go-round with this event where the game hung up when we were all trying to play the mini-game as much as possible? Um, I already have 69 baskets on this farm and my other farm has 127. There won't be enough time to play that many mini games...and unless the swizzle stick has been augured out, there's going to be performance issues.

joanc123, KaiCat33 and AniE like this.
  20. 12ss12

I already have a problem. The event crops have disappeard from the inventory. I was half way through planting.

The monkey queen quest seems to have vanished.

marymac50, joanc123, KaiCat33 and 2 others like this.