1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

« The Great Feast » strategy discussion

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by elRe, Oct 1, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Baron

Count me out too. How many crops???!!!

2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

At first glance, I'm in :) Crops limited to main field allow me to work on other 2 fields. Baha is my area of concern as I neglected to keep an eye on animals required for my workshops that are in the Manufactories. I just feed and water daily. I need to restock some animals there. Then I looked to see how many harvests I would need a day and realized I will be fretting over not missing a harvest, having a very long farming day and having to hope to get a farmwheel bonus to make up any shortfall.

None of those options are what I wish to do for the next 6 days so I'm also skipping. Still recovering from a medical procedure so while I enjoy my farm, medications make me not be able to add;):pxDxDxD I'm just not ready to tackle a hard level of difficulty event.

Good luck to those participating :)

3. Hemlock

Hemlock Forum-Apprentice

This is a baby farm and I just got all of Crystal Falls open. I'm so excited for to have a whole month of the Moonlight fields open. I have nothing extra open in the Mushroom Fields yet and have a lot of work to do. I find it very hard to do much when it is only open for 24 or 48 or so hours at a time. So. I'll do what I can for the event. Thanks to everyone for their comments. I learn a lot from reading.
    Booooo luck everyone

4. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Exceptional Talent

Don't want to commit to another month long event so I am out also.

Nala777, 007Farming, Hemlock and 9 others like this.
  5. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I'm in!!!:D Without FHO's to fill.....my supplies are good...so I don't mind devoting 1 field on main and 2 on baha to a long event. :p

Good luck to everyone going for it!!!! ;)

6. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

With « elRe1 » I use the « neighbourhood invite & delete » function to send You toolboxes as requested in your Profile Status Message.
    The username « Hemlock » is actually red with mainland level 001 on Farmerama. Congratulation. You can share your exploit in the « Happy Farm News 2nd edition » discussion, You can publish your island level in the « Bahamarama Level List 2019 » discussion and You can try to search a Mentor in « The farmer_broke Event ... Continued » discussion.

Unfortunately, the Crystal Falls field is not fertile enough to grow « Salt Flower » this time, but You can use the Plantation zone or the Rainforest area to produce 800 Salt Flowers and get the Slice of Coco deco item.
    You are not alone. Take a look in the « Moonlight Mania in October » discussion.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Overlooker

I am out on this Quest. I will be filling my barn to achieve my hoarding objectives... the same with my Moonlight crops (goal of 10,000+ on each crop) and then look at animals and trees and see which needs attention.

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Board Analyst

ooooohhhhkkkaaayyy.... Folks, the problem is the drop rate for the corks. We don't have enough life left if they gave us a whole lifetime of MM at this drop rate. So unless you want to spend a lot of real money for BBs to buy corks, you'll never get through this. I think I'm done. Before I get too invested. Mom is having additional health issues so I spent all day with her at the ER so...changed my mind. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

9. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

Thanks Elre and Sebe for the overall info.

Sadly the BP Game Team decided to try yet another event with ridiculously high requirements with super tiny rewards. Their ideas of a festive october party isn't mine. Sigh.

10. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Master

Drop rate seems fine to me. I'm getting 60-69 corks from a single harvest of duskshadow blooms (8h crop) on farms with Living Legend maxed out at 30%, no Howie in the Tree of Wisdom, and no drop-boosting CRs. Since we only need 161 corks a day, I don't see why anyone would feel the need to buy corks with real money unless they were only able to harvest once or twice a day.

11. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Not really pleased with the event drop rate so far, nor the crop numbers. I will give it a try, but will not spend money to complete. If progress is minimal, I will switch to regular farming.

12. Lea2191

Lea2191 Advanced

I'm doing this event. It leaves 3 farms for normal farming which is far better than most quests. Also the drops come from the full moon farmland which I want to be farming anyway. The cloud row is definitely worth the two fields that I am having to put a special crop on. I'll probably go all in as the drop rate often goes up the last day or two of the quest.

13. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

The « Slice of Coco » Instant Value is 500 Barnyard Bills, but if few minutes remain before « The Great Feast » event ends, my consideration naturally focus the baskets to know which one is less expensive to get the Slice of Coco deco item:

saltFlowerfeastBasketprice*requiredtotal*
    40[​IMG]
    Small (S)​
    1,9920.S40
    110[​IMG]
    Medium (M)​
    4,991.S+7.M37
    240[​IMG]
    Large (L)​
    9,992.S+3.L34
    400[​IMG]
    Giant (G)
    12,992.G26
    600[​IMG]
    Deluxe (D)​
    15,991.D+1.L26
    With « elRe1 » I harvest just now the first Salt Flower reproduction planted on large plots of land (2x2). In few hours (time remain 122), I can harvest the second reproduction planted on large plots of land (28 Plantation and 22 Rainforest):

tR.144_10_
    tR.133_10x5=5+50_reproduction.1_
    tR.122_50x5=250+5_reproduction.2_

Then, I can place 200 small plots of land (1x1) instead of 50 large plots of land to start the production and harvest with Carrot Apple Chutney:

tR.111_200x4=800+55_production.1_

Alternative with 50 comfort fields without Carrot Apple Chutney instead of 200 small plots of land:

tR.090_50x15=750+105_production.1_

Both gives the same Salt Flower quantity: 855 (more than enough to place the « Slice of Coco » meal requirement).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  14. SahraB

SahraB Forum Duke

I'm in! :) And I will see how I can complete this event quickly with no additional expense.;)xD

15. missbutterbean

missbutterbean Forum-Apprentice

GOOD LUCK ;) Jazac With real life and all that it offers!:)

16. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

In less than 24 hours I've gotten 311 drops, which is almost twice the daily needed amount. So can't confirm low drop rate...

17. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Connoisseur

I am not getting that many drops either. I did a field of 1x1 braincoli and got 20 corks from the entire field

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Nala777, SahraB, 007Farming and 4 others like this.
  18. baw815

baw815 Forum Ambassador

I am not doing as well as Mir, but I have over 250 drops.

Nala777, SahraB, 007Farming and 6 others like this.
  19. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Master

That's not bad for a 3.5h crop...

Think of it this way: if you harvested nothing but braincoli on that field 5-6 times during the day with a longer crop overnight, you should have no problem reaching your target of 161 corks for that day.

You can also improve your drop rate by going with a longer crop and reducing its time as much as possible using buffs like the Moonlight Mania Magic Stalk Row 2 and/or terror bouquets, water, and manure.

Nala777, SahraB, 007Farming and 5 others like this.
  20. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

I solved my drop problem - pulled the trees edging the back of the field and two stables. Did an overnight of dusk shadow and got 71 drops; 20 drops more than previously. Will probably stay up late tonight to catch up the drop loss - then I will be back on track using 4 to 5 hour crops helped by TB, water and manure.

Nala777, SahraB, 007Farming and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.