1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback A Bedtime Odyssey

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Apr 9, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "A Bedtime Odyssey" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Freak

Not overwhelmed with this event, the prizes are not brilliant - no WOW factor here. More of the same EP, SG, Mulch, PF, Crates, Spins and none of these, except EP, in great numbers. Oh, and event stuff. -.-

The CRs are so specific, how many of us can actually be bothered to set up our planting to match a CR - that's when we can actually plant what we choose (if we like to do all events that is). I can't even remember to take the appropriate buffs when I plant "other" or "vegetable" crops. 8)
    I can't believe that we cannot gift the Chocolate Cookies. Unbelievable. :wuerg:
    The greedy trend continues.:(

I will do this event because I enjoy events but I don't get the same buzz as I used to when an event was starting. But if I don't finish, I won't be too upset.:sleepy:

3. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Commissioner

Totally agree Illy...the FUN has been ripped out of the game. Ok the choice is ours if we play the game or not but whilst Ive been playing it has totally changed in respect of the greed from BP.

Last week we had 4 drops that were giftable to our neighbours but this one if you are short you need to 'buy' them....it looks like drops will be extremely low to generate more sales.If Im short and unable to complete event then so be it

Nellie_Noodles, Jazac and Laurelei like this.
  4. Floridasolve

Floridasolve Junior Expert

So an event with a 12 hr crop & they do maintenance at the very start of the event - !!!!! Didn't even get to clear the fields or plant the event crop.

Nellie_Noodles and Jazac like this.
  5. Laurelei

Laurelei Regular

12 hour crop--this is a first, like the first non giftable drop, and both are absurd.

It's as if the game designers are all sitting around in a room saying "Okay, our customers are really angry about too many events, too high requirements and, too many giftable items, what can we pile on that will make them even MORE angry! Oh, I know, 12 hour event crops and a non giftable drop!"

I think at this point my eyes have rolled back in my head permanently.

It took me awhile to figure out what I needed the stupid marshmallow "galaxy crate" for, so now that I have figured it out, I think the point of this event mechanism is to ensure that your chance to finish this one is completely random or unattainable unless you spend money. What a surprise.

6. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Freak

And only possible if the game is actually playable! -.-

7. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Great Master

OK,
    BP got issued. And do not know when it will sloved -.-
    it is 9:00 PM at my timezone.
    Since it is a 12 hr event crop. even BP could ready in next hr,
    I had a early appointment tomorrow which I cannot sleep lately. That means there is not enough time
    for me to finished initial planting to get enough event crop for bulk planting,
    Adding tomorrow,my earliest possible login game time will be 11:00 am. BP’s technical issue make me
    delay min. 15hrs.
    I will see what BP comment on this issued.
    If make me upset.
    simple ignore this event again!

Nellie_Noodles, Peanut1492 and Jazac like this.
  8. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Freak

I just hope they don't start us all at square one again, Neddy. I managed to get all mine planted. :oops:

But it would be very nice for those in different time zones if we were all given a compensation of three field's worth of event crops so you won't miss out. It would be fair to all then.:music:
    Just putting it out there BP before you start thinking how you are going to set this one straight. ;)

Peanut1492 and Jazac like this.
  9. Neddy38

actually, I got a wrong click,
    I don’t know I come to feedback thread:oops:, I want to post at strategy.
    once I found that I mis-post. I think and then..
    OK, that’s my feeling and feedback to BP for this event:mad:.
    illy, I try to login game just 2 min after event start and then give me the maintenance screen.
    Wait for one hr and still down, Worse is future unknow!
    Now, it all depend on BP’s feedback on the issue and maintenance.
    My attitude is:
    Why BP’s fault make me got rush, unless compensation make me satisfied.
    The recent BP actions and treat to players,
    Not to do event is just a very gentle way for player response to BP.

Jazac likes this.
  10. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Freak

You're right Neddy but BP doesn't seem to be taking notice of feedback where many are stating that they will not be doing an event. So I would be very surprised if they noticed if we did or didn't do events - unless no-one did them. That's very unlikely. :oops:

Nellie_Noodles, baw815 and Jazac like this.
  11. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

Nellie_Noodles and Jazac like this.
  12. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Hmmn, I'm not sure you would welcome my feedback with the abysmal start to this event.

Edit.
    Those Compensation Packages will have to be HUGE for Supergrow, Buffs, Harvester Coupons and more than anything the R/L time we have lost in order to keep checking back in to see if we can harvest and replant.

This game was originally meant to be a time strategy game that we could fit around real life BUT no longer.
    You will find your Customers will spend more and stay with you longer, if you give them the game they first signed up for.
    I know I for one used to spend a lot on this game (playing since 3 months after launch) but no longer will I dip into my pocket so deeply.
    I no longer purchase BB's, Powerfeed, Supergrow etc. I limit myself to Autoharvester when I run out of Coupons.
    I know I could have quit but, as yet I haven't. You just get a pittance of the money I used to spend. ;)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  13. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Commissioner

Well said BoHoKaren. Cant remember last time I spent anything on game.

Compensation package will be laughable and no doubt they will use the word FUN when they announce what they see in their eyes as fit for the problems today

14. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

I wish they would look at statistics of what long term player used to spend and what we do now, that would be an eye opener I am sure. ;)

15. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Ambassador

Great idea Karen, but maybe they got lost in the transfer of ownership.

16. Neddy38

go to forum this morning as want to know if there is any news on games
    and theb found that it’s back and also the game team response.
    It make me ange which I had to stole a bit of time to login game for write
    this feedback!
    It is really ashamed for BP to just extend 6 hr for the sudden break down of game.
    Are you kidding, yes, it is only 5hr shut out, so give player 6hr extend look logic
    ONLY WITH, your game only had players in europe.
    Farmerama is a worldwide game.
    19:00 CEST start is look not much affection. But other timezone.
    What it mean?
    Asia is 1:00 AM, mean most player is sleeping. North america is noon time.
    If players had RL schedule, in normal case, they can start event when that is morning time
    for their timezone. now the delay, will they able to login game at that time?
    they may need to login at evening time, So, lose is not only 5 hr, it is half day at least!
    just like me, 20:00 event start, only 4 hr to work and then leave everything tomorrow,
    Now, breakdown near 5 hr and come back at 1:00, who could non-sleep, just wait for the game.
    It is just a game,it should not affect RL, otherwise, it worth nothing!
    I expect the game team at least extend 12hr or better 1 day, not just give 6 hr:mad:
    This is not the way to treat your players. Even BP will give good compensation.
    I doubt for itxD
    Unless your compensation pack give players at least 3 field qty of event plant seed to cover their lost of time,
    and also 200drops for lost buff.
    6 hr extend will mean not to do event!

Jazac, Peanut1492, farmerumf and 2 others like this.
  17. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

Wow to yet another event I won't be doing! Lol, to 12 hour crops and amounts needed.

bikki93, Jazac, Peanut1492 and 2 others like this.
  18. Laurelei

Laurelei Regular

Oh, and why doesn't the magic tree offer drop items? Is the magic tree going to become obsolete, or is it just for this one event? That is another element of this event that is regrettable.

19. amygirl

amygirl Forum-Apprentice

Good Job, BP.. you managed to push another of my neighbors out the door!!! Im down to 3 now, and dont even bother to get anymore because I hardly ever log in myself these days!! I normally wouldnt say anything, and just find other games to play BUT I think your making a huge mistake with your players. I use to spend ALOT of my money here, but not anymore!! For me, doing so would be like rewarding a child for bad behavior.. they only become more snottier and brattier, until eventually nobody wants to be around them anymore!!! That being said... Ive been unloading my farm the past couple months, so anybody needing stables/trees just send me a private messege during the next gift and trade (I have tons)!! Id hate to see the money I spent just sit there wasted... someone might as well use it!!!

These events are ridiculous. I dont even get mad anymore, and THATS when you know a person just doesnt care!! I use to like this game alot... when the events werent one after the other. You know, back when the prizes were worth the effort and you had something to look forward to. There is nothing "exciting" about this game anymore... its become so repetitive!!

Oh well, I know all of that will be swept under the rug but I do dare you, BP to go check the sales of your long time players (starting with mine), it just might surprise you... OR, maybe not!!! All I know, is this girl is DONE... thank you very much!!!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  20. habalala

habalala Commander of the Forum

In the event windows there's no button providing an overview of the collected marshmallows. In the last step we need to donate 35000 on their value and somehow I think there had be a way to see the count up of the collected marshmallow values prior to donating.

The lack of a marshmallow overview forces players to leave the event window, go to a field with a barn, enter the barn, make the selection for "Other", scroll to find the mushrooms, manually add up the indivual value totals ..

Gah, what a miss. Thumbs down for forgetting such an essential players tool.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.