1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback A Bedtime Odyssey

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Apr 9, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Demigod

I really hope that the comments under "Official Announcements" were due to translation issues, otherwise they seemed rather harsh to the players affected by YOUR BUG.
    Please think of rewording. I wasn't one of those players but if I was I would be VERY annoyed with BP!
    Hoping this is the link that I'm fuming about, if not see Official Announcements.
    http://www.bigpoint.com/farmerama/board/index.php?threads/maintenance.35221/#post-220258
    "Furthermore we will ban users who massively abused the bug until Monday morning at 10 am. The bans will be executed tomorrow during the day."
    Wow oh wow, that's awful customer care...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. 007Farming

007Farming Count Count

Clearly another money grabbing event-.-Too many things to remember for those that play for fun and on a budget of time. Not impressed with BP. I no longer share this game in name with those that ask me.
    I rate this event as stupid with a thumbs down. I am eager to spend my real $$....when BP gets it together...

Nellie_Noodles, SahraB, Jazac and 4 others like this.
  3. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Inhabitant

I was very appalled by a post under questions that seemed to imply that that the galaxy gates would be harvested by machinery. I've deleted most of that rant because of Illy's post below.

Thanks for the clarification Illy, that makes me feel better.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  4. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

Laurelei, I have tried it and whether a Galaxy Gate had 30 minutes on or the full 16 hours, they did not harvest. Only those that had completed the full time were harvested. I did ask the question but I don't think I made myself clear. I tested it with my three compensation Galaxy Gates which I placed after the initial twelve. :)

Hope this helps ... and works for you. ;)

Edit: You're welcome Laurelei. ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Willow, SahraB, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jazac

Jazac Forum Baron

Ok I know BP hardly ever reads these but I am way confused here.. BP will do what?

Furthermore we will ban users who massively abused the bug until Monday morning at 10 am. The bans will be executed tomorrow during the day.

Did this event NOT start at the same time for everyone????? How can we be banned even if it is for a few days while a event is going on and BP caused the bug? Not to mention it started at 8 am my time and within minutes the game was down. So I ask another question... How can one use this bug???? The events start at same time for everyone is what we always hear..So I will ask this again... How can one use a bug that was in the game that BP caused and the game was down minutes after start of event?

So not only did BP cause it. Not only are they taking back the EP some players have gain.. no fault of the players... but they are gonna be locked out till Monday?? Or is it true, that the events start at different times?? Because this is what I am seeing.

Luckly some how I did not get the bug on my end.. I did however do as I always do... windmill to see what I can win..(use a coupon for machine,since I cant afford it this month) CR then my ep givers on the pet field. then my other ep fields (use my supergrow buffs) then I go and harvest and replant... But by the time I went to harvest game was down.

All that at the time event started... sometimes I try to time it so I can just refresh game at my crop farm when events starts..But no matter how I did it this time... again the game was down within minutes of event start... And that is when the bug appeared. So I am at a lost as to how someone can abuse a bug within a few minutes, which no one knew about.

mindy1701, sebe96, RowSie and 3 others like this.
  6. geckofeet666

geckofeet666 Active Author

@Jazac, I think all the events start at the same time. For ex in UK and Romania they start at the same time, even it is a 2 hours time zone difference.
    I was at work when the event started, so I couldn't log in.
    In my opinion, it is not fair that some players will be punished just because they were on the game at the "right" time.
    What does it mean the "users who massively abused the bug" ?, they didn't bring the bug themselves, BP "served" it!
    Of course I am not happy that other players could have leveled up so easily, but I don't think it is fair to be punished for BP's mistake.

DBAYES, mindy1701, sebe96 and 3 others like this.
  7. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

I don't understand this Bug thing either as my farm was not part of it but, it might explain why my NAB moved up 4 levels and the next day back down to their normal level. Did however, click on their name 'cause it had a 'star' to collect the level up EP, not sure how BP will fix that, pretty sure I wasn't supposed to get that EP from my NAB.

Jazac, phoenixboy12 and geckofeet666 like this.
  8. illy1996

I will finish this event today. On the positive side, the requirements are okay and drops are good. It is especially useful that a breeding event and Baby Boomer ran alongside as we could collect a few more drops if we were lacking. Twelve hour crops may not suit everybody but it is better for those who work or have other commitments that prevent them from harvesting many times during the day. And, of course, the crop requirement is relative to the long growing time. :)

On the negative side, the bug was a pain and, though it was what it was - a bug - the negative vibes that came from it, "punishing" those who might have profited from it (and it is hard to see how) was unpleasant. :(

The compensation though, in my opinion, made up for it. The only real loss was our time - most of us get ready for an event in our own way and that cannot be repaid. Still, this was a pretty good way to make us feel better about it. :music:
    Prizes were okay and the graphics (it goes without saying) are great, as usual. :inlove:

9. bikki93

bikki93 Forum-Apprentice

One event item in every 24 hours if it drops anything? What a joke. It's in my storage. No use.

Jazac and phoenixboy12 like this.
  10. KAREBEAR70

KAREBEAR70 Forum-Apprentice

I was able to finish the event early.The drops were really steady -not skimpy like they have been lately. The graphics,of course,are really nice.

Jazac, sanddollar15 and phoenixboy12 like this.
  11. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Mogul

I wasn't going to bother with this event, after the initial fiasco at the start, but I was able to complete it with minimal effort, starting two days late. The graphics were really adorable. The drop rate was nice, but why couldn't we gift them? I didn't love the 12 hour crop, but it did make decisions easy once I decided to do the event. The bug was annoying, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say, we'd be more understanding if these bug issues didn't keep happening when multiple events start at the same time. Nearly every time that two new things are brought online, rather than one already running and another one being added, something like this occurs, although this one was by far the longest lasting in a long time. The compensation package was nice - but again, would have been unnecessary if we could just have one event starting at a time. The Galaxy Gate item was a little tedious, having it able to be harvested early didn't really seem to serve much purpose for me, and just added to the confusion. I think it's a case of, any ONE of the above things we might have just rolled with, but there were just too many "eh" points for most people.

Jazac, baw815, sanddollar15 and 2 others like this.
  12. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Old Hand

After reading all this, I'm so glad I didn't bother with this one.

13. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

A mass walk out might bring them to their senses of what they are doing to this game...They can stop me playing if they like for writing this if they want;) Because I Am looking around for another game to take its place...Have been playing since the day it started

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  14. BonbonQueen

BonbonQueen Someday Author

Never got any galaxy things after 15 (only = 22500), can't finish, and it's been this way for at least the last two days. Not a happy farmer.

15. illy1996

It's probably too late now but if you reached level 6 on the event, there is an event "timer" (bottom right of event page) that gives you two items every four hours, these could be either Galaxy Gates or a marshmallow of any of the levels.

16. snatchsquad

snatchsquad Forum-Apprentice

just to balance it a bit after the bug at the start the quest was quite a good one with a bit of thinking to do at the start then to work out your own strategy I though it was quite good ?

Jazac likes this.
  17. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum General

I've been debating with myself whether to write this or not, but I finally came to the decision that if ever I needed to speak out in this forum (like I've ever been shy about that :pxD), it is now.

I am one of the players who wasn't allowed to play from Friday until Monday. I happened to have the misfortune of logging in while the bug was active, and the even greater misfortune of being curious. When repeated reloadings didn't fix my ability to harvest my pets, I became curious just how many times it would let me click. I never even noticed the first level up, barely noticed the 2nd, and harvested my pets for a total of 4 level ups before becoming bored with it. Not what I personally would consider "massive abuse", and certainly not with any intention other than idle curiosity and poor judgment due to lack of sleep. My personal game has never revolved around gaining EP, as I've stated here in the forum at times in the past, so I wasn't trying to gain anything, and I don't care that the EP was removed. I DO care, however, that I did, in fact, lose things from this unfair banishment. To start with, I had a goal of reaching 1000 days visiting Fuzzles; I was somewhere between 850 and 900, I think. Now I'm back to square one, because I couldn't log in. Not a big deal to most, but it was a personal goal, and I feel I was cheated out of it. I also lost financially. I am a paying player, not all the time, but I do purchase the harvester, plus buff recipes and other small advantages. I lost 3 1/2 days of my harvest subscription, and my buffs, to what I feel amounts to theft. I also feel the punishment was not meted out fairly; there were players who I'm aware leveled many more times than I, but who were allowed to continue playing. I'm not saying this to cause hurt, ill will, or dissension, I truly like the players I'm referencing, but if it is to be fair judgment, than all who are guilty of the same "infraction" should suffer the same consequences. To be honest, paranoid as it sounds, I was left wondering if I was chosen to remove because of my outspokenness regarding the unfairness of the previous event. There is the issue that the bug was not our fault as well. If I had run a script to give me massive EP gain, I could understand punishing me. But I did nothing to cause it, nor did any of the other naughty ones, so why were we punished?

The most important things I lost in all this, tho, were two-fold. First, I lost my trust in BP completely. I leveled up today, and couldn't help but wonder if I was going to be kicked off again for some manufactured reason. What bothers me the most, tho, is the fact that BP has attempted to take from me my honesty and integrity by flat out accusing me (and all the others) of cheating. I did not cheat. It was YOUR bug. I gained nothing from it other than temporary humor that quickly turned to dismay. The bug benefited my participation in the event not at all. To any of my neighbors or fellow forum members who feel I was wrong, I sincerely apologize; I was not attempting to get ahead at anyone's expense, I truly was just a curious cub. I have 3 farms right now, but I will begin shutting down my baby farm after harvester runs out. I haven't made up my mind about the other 2. For now I believe I will probably not post much in the forum, at least for the immediate time being, but I felt I needed to say something here for those who may not have realized all the implications of what that unfair punishment did. To my neighbors, if I disappear for a few days, I guess we'll know BP's true feelings about free speech.

18. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Commissioner

Wow sportsbox....knowing you only levelled up 4 times before you realised it was a bug and not you it says more about what BP are like as a company and what they think of their PAYING customers.

Welcome back....wonder if any of the other unjusfied banned players would like to add their voice

Nellie_Noodles, spotsbox and Jazac like this.
  19. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

I am sorry that any of you are unhappy with the actions taken, but all players that benefited from the bug had the same actions taken. It would not be fair to take actions against some and not others, so the Game Team had to include all players that had benefited. As this is the Feedback thread for an event, we would appreciate that this not be discussed further here.

Regards,
    shooger.sweet

20. honeybea

honeybea Forum-Greenhorn

Then where should they discuss it? They were treated very unfairly and should be allowed to voice their opioions but instead BP wants to silence them... oh my!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.