1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback A Sea Symphony

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Farmers.Almanac, Mar 6, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "A Sea Symphony" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Commissioner

Istanboy, it could be because BP again have posted wrong information and drops for 1st part of event only come from rainforest and not the main Baha land as advertised.

Total mess up again

elimeno likes this.
  3. istanboy

istanboy Forum-Greenhorn

Wow! Now I can see that it is only for Rain Forest drops.

My Rain Forest is not open.

There is only one way I can see to open the rain forest and that is through the Tree of Wisdom... I on't have enough stars to open the Rain Forest, which means I can not participate in these missions.

Why put the metronome on the Baha lands if we can't even take part...
    Why to be given the clam decoration if the gifts will not benefit us because we can't take part in the missions?

The hover over in the mission lists says Bahamarama harvests.

It does not say anything about the Rain Forest only. This is completely misleading....

If these missions are only for players who have unlocked the Rain Forest, then the metronome should have been placed there and not on the general Baha lands...

:mad:

Last edited by moderator: Mar 7, 2019
    elimeno likes this.
  4. forcryinoutloud

forcryinoutloud Forum-Apprentice

Not only are the drops only in the rain forest, but you literally cannot complete the diamond quests unless you buy the basket. The metronome drops from one of the deco items in the basket and there doesn't appear to be, at least from the FAQs, anywhere else other than the baskets that you can get that deco item for the metronomes. So an entire event literally based around buying your way to completion. -snort- I guess props to BP for giving up on trying to be subtle about their money grab intent and just literally waving the GREED banner with this one?

elimeno likes this.
  5. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

In the FAQ, it states:

Every player will get the Clam Solo I deco item at the start of the event.
    Clam Solo I
    [​IMG]
    • There will be a special event item:
    Metronome
    [​IMG]
    These are given out when harvesting the Solo Clam deco item

The Metronome comes from the giver that is booked to every player. You do not have to purchase a basket to get the giver. ;)

6. istanboy

istanboy Forum-Greenhorn

But there is no way to play the missions unless you have opened the Rain Forest which you cannot (as far as I can work out) even purchase - it has to be opened with stars ...

elimeno and 007Farming like this.
  7. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello phoenixboy12,

The misinformation was my error on the drops, it was not the Game Teams fault. All the Basket Sales last as long as the Quest they are related to, so everyone has a chance to buy one if they choose.

Regards,
    shooger.sweet

8. nm561

nm561 Forum Pro

I do not like that part of the Quests take place on Baharama while others take place on the Rain Forest. When one ends the other starts -- you can't finish harvesting one field and contribute towards a quest once the next one has started.

In order to do the quests I had Baharama set up to grow the new crops (Ginseng, etc.) and then switch to event crops on the next day. The Rain Forest was set up with some pens/workshops, trees and some crops to get drops for the quests. Now the fields are switching so I have to remove my trees and pens just to place them on the other field. This could easily have had all the event crops grown for the Quests on Baharama.

Is there someone on the BP team that just sits around thinking of ways to aggravate the players. It wasn't necessary for the game play to change fields so doing so is just frustrating and confusing to some players -- and apparently some of the newer players haven't completely opened the Rain Forest so they can't participate fully.

I don't care if there is a "Farm Restore" feature for premium players I don't want to tear up my fields all the time in order to take part in events/quests. I also don't want to sit them out all the time either.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  9. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Baron

I like this event...nice and relaxed:D
    Would prefer BP plan events using the "Unused" Field. We need extra space for everything old and everything new. We are out of room due to so many new trees and stables. Seems wasteful to leave a field option not used for events. I think the game team would be more challenged in coming up with interesting games using only one field.

EDIT: I did not complete this event thus I missed out on the CR. Although is was relaxing, too many switch ups in drops to field and requirements. 24 hour quests may seem like a good idea but only if you are in the right time zone. 8 hour time line for the clam tick tock reward thingy needed to be shorter as there is no buff to help a player out!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 2:34 AM
    elimeno likes this.
  10. SylvanMoon

SylvanMoon Forum-Apprentice

I am absolutely hating this quest. I agree with all the other comments on it being available only on one field in Baharama, a field I don't have open in my game. In another version of the game I do have it open, and I have a tiki totem tree, with 274 totems, but in the quest it is not registering that I have any to use to complete the task.

***Edit: I've just found out that the tiki totem tree totems are not what is being asked for, but products from the Toucan workshop instead. Of course, I've not even got Toucans, much less their workshop with products made, to participate in this event. It should be advertised that it's an event only for farmers who have done all the farming that they can possibly do and don't know what to do with their crops and products. The rest of us should be encouraged to ignore the event and get on with the game.***

You keep having these events that we need to use our fields to harvest stuff for AND we are expected to have extra crops and/or animals. How are we supposed to get them if we have no time to harvest any or no space to put stables? Please consider using the optional field that you occasionally open up as an "Event Field". Players who want to do the events can go there and do it; the rest of us can do it as we like and as we continue growing our farms.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    elimeno, howk01, baw815 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Lea2191

Lea2191 Someday Author

I like the event. I didn't finish it, and I missed the first day. I have stopped doing most quests, but did some of this one. It was a little different challenge, and not having to do crops every day was a plus.
    Suggestions: The upgrade to 8 hours while still giving one metronome set me back, probably because I missed the first day.
    2. Having this on the main field where players automatically open certain animals at different levels might be easier. I don't see any reason Bigpoint can't offer quests to more advance players, or perhaps some alternative for certain players. For example, allowing players without Toucans to contribute a larger number of elephants. With the addition of all the animals, additional crops ect, it is not possible to please every level of player with the same quests. The more advanced farms might enjoy something that allows them to use the more advanced animals and products, especially if there were nice prizes an upper level farm could appreciate.

elimeno likes this.
  12. elimeno

elimeno Count Count

I have been wondering this myself.
    Sadly I have stopped doing the events as vigorously as usual because I just cant seem to finish them...I think I may be up to the last 9 events that were not completed and I didnt earn the cloud rows...so why even bother

007Farming likes this.
  13. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Expert

This event was fun in concept - but it was a bear in reality. The metronomes required a degree in time travel to be able to get all of them. There was zero room for error, for forgetting an upgrade, or missing a harvest on time. That took all the fun out of it. Flipping around on the fields was aggravating. I did like the fact that one day was crops, one was drops, etc, and the amounts of crops were nice - but again, just make things more FUN please, instead of work, work, spend money, work.

RowSie and baw815 like this.
  14. Shimmer

Shimmer Exceptional Talent

I think I would have liked this event except for the metronomes. Harvesting enough of those required you to be glued to your computer, with no room for error. If you were a little late in collecting a metronome or upgrading the base, you would take longer to finish the next quest which meant you'd be delayed upgrading the base again, which meant you only fell further behind. That made it a really nasty mechanism to deal with. Miss completing any one day and you were behind on the number of upgrades, and at a disadvantage for the rest of the days.

It really didn't help that the giver changed from 6 to 8 hours once you started upgrading it, without at first any increase in the number of metronomes given. This means everyone who mistakenly 'upgraded' their base right away couldn't finish the event. It would have been much better if the time change had happened only on the 4th upgrade when the number of metronomes harvested increased.

It also was bad that the giver increased the number of metronomes given - 1, 1, 2, 3, 4 while the number asked for was more on the 4th day than the 5th - 1, 1, 2, 4, 3. I think this was probably an error and it certainly made the event much harder.

In the end I couldn't do day 4 without harvesting between 3am and 4am my time, even though I'd never missed a metronome harvest or a chance to upgrade (and I didn't upgrade until I had 4 curtains). This was not a good thing. You should not be offering your players a choice between being glued to their computers for days, waking up in the middle of the night to harvest or paying real money in order to finish an event. At some point it stops being a game and starts becoming an addiction.

joanc123, baw815, 007Farming and 2 others like this.
  15. Laurelei

Laurelei Regular

The announcements and the advert pages on this just seemed designed to taunt the players; it actually said "A quest a day can be exhausting!" Then something about how buying a basket will help you finish the quests without working so hard. BP knows how overwhelmed and event weary its players are and now it's just embracing that and throwing it back in our faces with a blatant scheme to make us spend money.

I also hated the fact that the fields kept changing on this one. I'm not sure what the point is to inject a random element of frustration like only allowing the crops and drops to come from one field. The days where it was just about drops it was literally impossible to obtain enough drops to complete the quest in 24 hours, which I'm sure was intentional.

joanc123 likes this.