1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basil Chromatics - Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Arielh, Aug 14, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arielh

Arielh All knowing Oracle

Basil Chromatics FAQ
    15th of August 2018 - 21st of August 2018

Current time in CET time zone

Total Requirements
    620 Emulsifier
    (drops from harvesting your 3 main lands when harvesting crops only)
    You will get these drops when harvesting your 3 main lands when harvesting crops only!
    Basic (6 hour)crops, for which you receive 10 of each crop in the beginning.
    2800 Green basil
    2800 Blue basil
    2800 Red basil

Crops for which you will get seeds and dispensers that you earn via the event quest:
    2800 Cyan basil
    2800 Yellow basil (5 hour crop)
    2800 Magenta basil (5 hour crop)
    11.000 White basil (4 hour crop)

Ι have calculated the requirements to complete the whole event. To only get the cloud row and complete it the requirements are less, if anyone wants to calculate them I can include them in this post:)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    SahraB, fun2farm, marumo247 and 12 others like this.
  2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

I see you are in-progress o_O

The broke farm is in. I da care about the rewards.

Have a little something I need to think through and the brainless junksing is right on time. xD

WOW, a prooooooooooooooooooofessionaaaaaaaaaaaal Junker. Maybe there is a tree for me. Whoop whoop whoop de doooo xD

I'm ready and I've already taken out the light bulb upstairs xD

Good luck farmer with whatever it is you are doing

SahraB, fun2farm, kibsnfebs and 7 others like this.
  3. Arielh

Arielh All knowing Oracle

haha well I just finished editing the post now, I double-checked the figures and I hope I didn't make a mistake.
    I am not sure I want to participate in an event with 7 event crops:wuerg::eek:o_O
    But I think the cloud row is tempting:p Anyway good luck to everyone:D
    Farmer_Broke what will be your strategy? Selling manure?

SahraB, fun2farm, Sue46 and 5 others like this.
  4. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

This one is labeled as "easy". Hah! I know there will be a catch somewhere...somehow.

I don't know why but I don't like events with 'seed dispensers'... But, you know me and my obsessive tendencies, so I'm gonna give it a go on both farms.

5. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Yet another event :(

6. olofkalle

olofkalle Junior Expert

There is a parallell event --- how do you meet the demands from two parallell events? On main land both?

7. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Arielh, for the thread and the numbers. :)
    I will give this one a go. Plant long crops tonight for maximum drops, as they only come from crops.
    olofkalle, one is a breeding event and one is a crop event.
    Good luck everyone! :)
    SOS thread is posted.

8. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Duke

xDxDxDxD it was never therexDxDxDxD

9. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Overlooker

as long as I don't have to mill anything im in my mill is running at full capacity churning out animal feed when possible im doing 999 at a time and the others im doing the most I can as long as the time doesn't exceed 112 hrs lol per feed good luck everyone :):inlove:

10. habalala

habalala Count Count

I'll skip this one and all others that will show up in the next 3 weeks. Not playing pooter while on vacation.

Wishing all who do play good luck, great joy and lots of smiles.

11. olofkalle

olofkalle Junior Expert

The breeding event has a very big demand for many also basic animals, with only basic level you need for instance 24.000 chickens and nearly as many if you use colored animals .... i am really glad for your sake if you enen before the event can meet the demand from all 5 lines, I have none and perhaps can fill one or two .... but have to use the same area as for the crops and thought all of us was in the same situation????? Good luck anyway ;)

SahraB, fun2farm, Sue46 and 2 others like this.
  12. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

The requirements are tough, but you are being a bit pessimistic there. A chicken only has 25 EV, a roaster (first level colored chicken) has 700. So even without baby boom, breeding 4 chickens increase their EV from 4*25=100 to at least 700. With baby boom and some skips, you won't need anything close to 24,000 chickens. Not saying it is easy though, and I agree that it is unfortunate to have another mainland only event at the same time as the breeding event :(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  13. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

Ariel, you've been very busy with the numbers.

This event is labeled "easy". The number of drops required is slightly more than 100 average per day, not going to worry about drops. I've decided to do this event with just two fields. My calculations tell me that it can be done if I can manage the overnight turnover of event crops. I should finish late on day 5. I was concerned about the dispensers and getting enough crops for the subsequent generations of crops. But... as I was dozing off for my much needed nap today... I thought... completing each level as quickly as possible to get the dispenser as quickly as possible then planting those seeds in large plots and "nuking" them will keep things humming along. I hope.

I was disappointed to see we have two concurrent events but the other one is breeding. To me that's not as bad as another crops event. Glad I get to use my mills for my own needs.

SahraB, fun2farm, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  14. olofkalle

olofkalle Junior Expert

OK. you only need 860 2nd level chicken but that means 860 x 4 = 3440 chickens PLUS 1720 PF and a few buffs and that's for only one out of five lines .... the other lines are 3217 sheeps, 7295 rabbits, 1511 donkeys and 5162 cows or a few less if you buy PF for all the irl money in the world you (don't) have and use colored animals .... Farmerama is said to be a game for everyone to join :( Not many can see the future demands and use the event-free periods (we are not getting) for building up barn content .....

SahraB, fun2farm, Sue46 and 1 other person like this.
  15. fun2farm

fun2farm Advanced

:cry:I agree with you, ollofkalle.

Granted, I am only level 83, but these events are impossible for me to do.....and it says they are "e-a-s-y"???!!! At WHAT LEVEL are these enormous requirements considered E-a-s-y??!!
    I also have my fields covered in animal pens, hoping to do the Breeding Event - but right away I can see it is not possible.
    Soooo....I came to this Basil Chromatic Crop Event. But the only way I can even start this event is to remove all my animals - and give up trying to stock my barn for the next event...or for anything else.
    Both of these events look like fun, and I would have liked very much to participate.:):(
    I am sooooo disappointed.:(:cry::(

This is NOT an isolated incident. The requirements for MOST events are beyond this farm's ability to produce. And there is never enough time between events to prepare for events, much less doing any 'farm-building'!
    (There should be a 'warning' that this is an 'Eventing' game, not an actual 'build and enjoy your farm' Game.)

So BP - I ask again....at WHAT level are these enormous requirements considered E-a-s-y???
    Certainly NOT Level 3!!!

These events should be labeled 'Level 100 and above'...or something similar according to Requirements, and allow each farm to decide if they have a chance to try for it.
    And it would be appropriate to have some for Level 100 and u-n-d-e-r, too.
    IMHO.;)
    Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    SahraB, MARLYMAR, Sue46 and 2 others like this.
  16. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Dearest fun, the mods do not relay strategy posts to BP. That is what the feedback thread is for. :)
    You are still a newer farmer, and we all remember what that was like. Please trust, things will get easier. You will pick up the event rhythm or become comfortable skipping some events.
    With my EOCD, I still have to try them all. Maybe some day something will cure me of this affliction. :p

SahraB, MARLYMAR, kibsnfebs and 3 others like this.
  17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

I already made a big mistake....I forgot which seeds were 2nd generation seeds and only looked to see if I had enough to donate. I gave away all my yellow basil in order to get the seeds to start on the white ones. I'm going to have to go back and pick up the dispenser and wait for them to give me some to start over:p

SahraB, MARLYMAR, kibsnfebs and 3 others like this.
  18. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

I am still just growing the three basic colors like mad on this farm. Have one field in the secondary colors on the other farm. They might have this labeled as "easy" but HAH! I say HAH! Especially because in order to get the drops, we need to plant long timed crops overnight. I planted Turkish Melissa overnight because I had event crops in until around 9 p.m. So-so on the drops from that. Ugh.

Is the cloud row really worth all this trouble?

SahraB, MARLYMAR, kibsnfebs and 4 others like this.
  19. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

The cloud row is okay....but you get over a million EP from the quest!:music:

SahraB, MARLYMAR, joanc123 and 5 others like this.
  20. hadibaba

hadibaba Forum-Apprentice

[​IMG]

SahraB, fatoş55 and kibsnfebs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.