1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Stuck on Fields

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by amygirl, Jan 11, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Changing back to an old version ...has helped ...but had it again just now ...prior to that... noticed lag when harvesting my fields

AND i got a box come up on my screen telling me a plugin has stopped working ... Can you tell me what this plugin is ? ...because i think this maybe another thing causing the problem and would like to stop it working altogether...

Without stopping it working ...when i turn my computer off and on again ...it will be
    re-installed ...everything works fine without this plugin ...no refreshing and no lag

But If it is pepper ....that Farmerama advises us to disable in the help manual ...IF you do that ...you cannot get into Farmerama until you reinstall it...
    IS this the only plugin ?

But i must say going back to an old version has helped a great deal

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Team Leader Team Farmerama EN

Hello Nellie_Noodles :(

I was hoping to read a happy update from you. The plugin can only be the Flash Player - perhaps you have not chosen the most stable one and you can try the one before this one? Hopefully the conflict is not caused by Windows forcing the update to the latest one.

Pepper Flash is the one needed for Chrome as Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported, but in the other browsers, like Firefox, there's no Pepper Flash, just Adobe's Flash Player.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

3. Nellie_Noodles

I tried Firefox and didn't find it very user friendly.... but maybe i should try that again
    Because it wasn't the first time i have seen this box saying this

Have just installed firefox ... signed into farmerama and got the picture of the event and a box tells me Flash player is NOT installed /flashplugin has been deactivated...

I have got flash player installed...BUT cannot find anywhere to activate it

Clicked on it and has now taken me to download Flash player...

Why would i need another Flash player ...when i have got an icon of flash player in my control panel? .....

This is why i didn't like Firefox ...too complicated for something that should be so simple and have taken it off my computer again

Sorry Teddy my wording was wrong ...due to late nights and a very long day and a very tired head

I know the difference between my control panel and flash player and them not being related;)xD

Have everything on my computer for Farmerama to work
    I have three browsers .... Chrome ...Explorer.... Edge... shockwave...Flash player ... with unlimited storage etc

IF it doesn't work with one browser ....surely it would work with another ..they all must use flash or most of them do ... (But chrome having pepper)..Have tried with explorer and that didn't solve it

So i am NOW testing Farmerama on Edge...this works with flash so SHOULD be ok
    And I am still using the older version of Flash

Will see if this is ok ...this will be my last try of trying to solve it.. I don't know of what else to do

I don't think what is happening ...is caused by our computers..... because everything worked fine before this started to happen...
    My computer is still under guarantee

IF it still happens with Edge
    Then I think the answer lies in the hands Of Farmerama to solve it ....They know how it works and what to do ...I Don't:(

Have got the problem of getting out of the field yet again ...refresh again ..within seconds ... 21:28
    Haven't had it all day :(:cry:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  4. teddy.bear

Hello Nellie_Noodles, :(

Flash player and control panel are far from being related in any way - they are worlds apart, having one has nothing to do with the other - the Flash Player is needed for your browser to understand and display Flash content (like the actual Farmerama content inside the wooden frame, or the YouTube videos), while the control panel allows you to handle certain settings for your computer.

In Firefox, you need to allow the Flash plugin to run - it is installed but it is detected as deactivated until you allow it to run.

I'm sorry this is giving you such a hard time :( I hope everything will seem easier tomorrow!
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

5. Nellie_Noodles

Teddy I have added to the thread above ^^^^^
    And hopefully makes sense now lol

AND Teddy i have downloaded flash player fp-11.2.202.559 & fp-18.0.0.268
    To see if they would solve it.. these are before the date of the problem starting...

Uninstalled using the flash player uninstaller twice.... tried installing ... both of them
    Doesn't work ...won't let me install them:(.. each time i looked to see if they had been installed .. they hadn't.... I still have 20.0.0306

Today i haven't had to refresh the page to get to other fields
    ***BUT i do ... when the screen freezes when harvesting***

And i am back to using chrome ... i do not think this is a browser issue

But I do think it is Flash player that is causing it and don't think i am far wrong... Have narrowed it down to being the culprit with all i have done

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  6. teddy.bear

Hello Nellie_Noodles, :oops:

How is everything going with the Flash player version you installed? Is farming easier at the moment or still getting stuck just as much?
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

7. Nellie_Noodles

So far Teddy... today i have only refreshed once .... Hopefully it will stay like that ...had that box yesterday saying the plugin wasn't working ...i pressed to close it .... that seems to solve it ...but when you close your computer ... it is re installed again... that plugin could be the problem
    Apart from lagging when harvesting ...playing is a little better am glad to say

Next week the room my computer is in ...is going to be decorated ...so if i don't reply to your threads ...you will know why ...hopefully it will be less than a week

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  8. teddy.bear

Thank you for the update, Nellie_Noodles! I hope it stays this way and you won't experience problems and this workaround helps for now. If it goes back to normal when rebooting your computer, some auto-updates could be causing this. If it's just a pop-up saying the plugin is not working, but the Flash player stays the old one, then I'm not sure what could be going on :oops:

Good luck redecorating the place ! :)

Have a lovely day,
    teddy.bear

9. Nellie_Noodles

Think you may have solved the problem Teddy ...I haven't had any refreshing for the last few days and things seem to be back to normal
    And flash player 20.0.0.306 is still with me and hasn't so far been updated ...so maybe the makers of flash player have found the problem ...am so pleased :D
    IF it comes back I will write another thread ..HOPEFULLY it wont ;)
    Thank you Teddy for all you help and sorry for my outbursts ((((((((((((hugssssss)))))))))))
    Nellie

10. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

On behalf of those that assisted, you are welcome.

Am glad that everything seems to be working now :) We can understand that this can be frustrating at times.

~ problem solved, closing thread~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.