1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Carnival Queen

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Oct 28, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Count Count

Not worth the bother. When a game becomes a job, it's no longer worth it. I won't spend money on this like I did when I first started. I mistakenly thought at that time that keeping up would be fun. It isn't any longer. I mainly log in to do my daily update and give gifts to my neighbors but now many are telling me to just send tools. What's the point? To see if we all will quit so you can get more money from newbies that don't know any better?

stacymaya, AniE, Lilaclady and 6 others like this.
  2. nm56

nm56 Forum Great Master

The rewards have been lowered but the requirements to complete the float have also decreased so although I don't like the constant events I think I will give this one a try so that I can replenish some much needed SG.

Good luck to the other players working on this event.

UPDATE: Played my first couple rounds of mini game and received 1 SG per game. Nowhere near the thousands of SG I received the first time I played (2nd time carnival queen came to town--missed it the 1st time).

Maybe I will get a little more from the crates received.

UPDATE 2: I did receive a couple of new trees from the crates and some additional stables. The colored animals received help out with the lower PF received. I guess it is just hard to compete with the generosity of the first couple of CQ Events.

I did like the lower requirements to build the float.

Maybe if you combined the lower requirements to building the float and added a little more to the rewards -- either increase some rewards or have the MQ throw out more -- players might be appeased.

Note: If I had never played that 2nd CQ Event I might have been totally satisfied with this one.

I also don't like that the Circus Events have started before this one is finished (26 hrs remaining). If I was a player who purchased baskets for real money I would especially dislike that there were two events going on at the same time that utilized the same fields. Players have been complaining about back-to-back events so this just seems to be a "don't complain too much because it could be worse" statement from BP.

Events in General: Anymore I find myself "buying" my way through an event instead of farming -- this is not fun or satisfying to me. I am not talking about real money for baskets, etc. I am talking about purchasing from the market because of a low inventory and because I can't keep up with the demands because recent events all seem to be "barn busters". I have been thinking about closing out my lower 2 farms for some time now but have been hanging on in hopes that some things would change. Unfortunately although there have been some improvements in some of the rewards offered (because they sometimes offer newer stables, trees, etc.) there are a lot of changes that make it worse.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Great planning, starting another event, using Baha fields, with two days to run on this event. -.-
    Result, I have finished with the Carnival Queen and prepared the fields for the next event. -.-

Quite honestly, I didn't find the Carnival Queen very generous and I am sure that there items listed that didn't reach my barn. Didn't take any notes so can't be positive but methinks the Queen is not dressed as a pirate for nothing! Yah! Shiver me Timbers! o_O

4. TCbaby

TCbaby Someday Author

Not as generous as she was - where’s all the bananas?

5. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Sweet Cassiopeia, from what I see from my "Chickadees", even the newbies give up quickly (loads at level 3) but I had high hopes from one at level 21 and another at 31 but they stopped playing too! Looks like BP will be loosing on all fronts??
    Time for a big rethink BP!

AniE, phoenixboy12 and Cassie101 like this.
  6. Lea2191

Lea2191 Someday Author

I am probably the only one so far to say something positive but I like the quest. A couple years ago I won a ton of prizes but the event was too long to really enjoy. I got hundreds on bananas on that one, and because of the unusual nature of the generosity, I didn't expect a repeat. This one was easy to get into and the number of days total is pretty short. It's short enough to enjoy. I actually look forward to the minigame, and in the past I did the minigame as a chore. In the future I'd like this event to stay short. It's unfortunate the prizes were downgraded; no one like things taken away. However, the crates for me turned out so far to be amazing. I got 3 of an animal I didn't have at all, and an addition of 2 additional crates where I had one crate to start with. That is with 48 hours left in the quest. I believe those who opted out of the quest didn't realize how valuable those crates could potentially be, especially for someone who hasn't spent much money on animals recently. It's been a couple years since I bought a new animal crate, and this quest caught me up.

kingros and phoenixboy12 like this.
  7. Growalot

Growalot Forum Pro

I think the monkey pirate is eating the bananas...….

On a good note, I got a jackfruit tree in my first crate, very happy with that!!

jnnythct, Cassie101 and phoenixboy12 like this.
  8. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

I'm still a sucker for the Carnival Queen!!:p The new crates are a fun and rewarding addition! I've recieved many new rare trees...including 2 Judas trees!!!:D I've received about 20 golden bananas and many thousands of EPs and TEPs this event!!!
    For just a little effort, the rewards are great!!!:music:

phoenixboy12 and Mereira like this.
  9. olofkalle

olofkalle Active Author

As you can't convert the earned points into what you yourself have choosed (or been able to evaluate if you shoul participate at al)l the bonbons and other sweeties are only a distraction, we are not allowed to see how few things there really are that is really worth something at all, absence of objects, of anything that you really want :(

Cassie101 and phoenixboy12 like this.
  10. jnnythct

jnnythct Forum-Apprentice

As others have said, the rewards were nowhere near as good as previous Carnival Queen except for the addition of the crates. Especially liked the crates o trees/stables and crates o stables - although I'm still bemused by how power feed could be classed as a stable -.-:wuerg:

11. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Someday Author

only started late and as a result got only one new animal stall and a new tree. About 20 bananas which I was after and it didn't take hardly as many crops or long time to grow amount needed which was good.
    I didn't like the appeal of this event at all with many players stating how much worse it was to previous ones but if it would come around again I would participate again as it doesn't require many crops or time to complete the float. Drop rate was spot on too for a change.

Like someone else pointed out two of my stable crates turned out as power feed giving me only 2 stables total out of about 15 games. The only really good thing I got in my opinion is the only tree I got in this event which was a pecan tree.

The one thing I never figured out was what the chocolate bars, candies and lolipops I was collecting were for...

phoenixboy12 likes this.
  12. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

Hi Mellowmalt!
    Here is the info from the faq about the candies.
    I'm looking forward to lots of TEP's and cc's in exchange for all my candies! :music:

* What will happen with the leftover event goods?
    All the leftover goods will be exchanged after the event:
    • 1 Bonbon = 84 TEP + 7 CC;
    • 1 Chocolate = 88 TEP + 6 CC;
    • 1 Lollipop = 125 TEP + 6 CC;
    • 1 Party Floret = 6 TEP + 4 CC;
    • 1 Hot Glue Gun = 29 TEP + 20 CC;
    • 1 Net Frame = 29 TEP + 20 CC;
    • 1 Paper Boat = 969 EP + 1292 CC + 969 TEP;
    • 1 Candy Net = 552 EP + 736 CC + 552 TEP.

sanddollar15 and phoenixboy12 like this.
  13. kingros

kingros Forum-Apprentice

I agree with the others here about the short notice and the stress of stacking events on top of each other.

However, I liked the event itself. I liked the fact that it was short and didn't require too much. I like the crates, and ended up getting one stable and one tree that I have been wanting for ages.

I am not bothered by the fact that the prizes are so reduced. We just had the hidden treasure event which gave us heaps of those kinds of goodies, so I don't think this is a problem with BigPoint's generosity.

phoenixboy12 likes this.
  14. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum General

One thing that was frustrating was when the CQ suffered lag - big farm didn’t get this but baby farm missed liads of goods because the basket lagged.

phoenixboy12 likes this.
  15. racheliz

racheliz Someday Author

Overall I really liked this event. The crates were a great addition, fewer bananas was OK with me but I didn't like fewer PF, SG, SSG. Even 2 per catch would have better than singles. The sweets and chocs were fine. At the end they converted into approx 1.8 million TEP and moved me up a level, plus around 250,000 CCs.

I agree with TC that the lag caused problems. Some prizes vanished before they fell into the basket and were not in the barn. Lost quite a few crates that way. -.-

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    phoenixboy12 likes this.
  16. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Commissioner

I only had bananas show up in one round. I did about 5 rounds. I'm not sure if that was meant to happen or not, but I know it did because I played specifically for bananas and looked out just for them, at the expense of other prizes in the mini game.

phoenixboy12 likes this.
  17. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

Rewards were not good. Not what was expected of carnival queen. Crates were good thought. But they cannot replace GBs, SGs, PFs etc.,

habalala and sanddollar15 like this.
  18. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Great event for newer players, easy to take part in due to low requirements and useful rewards. For advanced players this event and its rewards was disappointing due to the fact nothing new was offered with and in the crates and due to the lack of the desired significant amounts of farm goodies being thrown. Oh well.. can't have it all :)

Cassie101 and sanddollar15 like this.
  19. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. Closing thread.​

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.