1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarification sought

Discussion in 'General issues' started by farmer_broke, Sep 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

Hello,

I am very sorry to seek clarification thru you. The game faqs have been searched and the questions remain.

While trying to assist other farmers in the game I am too often reaching a point where no progress can be made because there is no consistent use of terms and/or understanding of those terms and/or no existence of a proper term to use. When not having the answer or trying to explain, I know making-up a term is not what should be done.

First, when opening the market and opening the screen in order to post an item for sale, what is the correct term to refer to that screen? (listing screen?)

Second, there is a bar on the screen of concern above. What is the correct term for that bar? (I have been using the words "sliding index.")

Third, on that same bar, there is a price which is always given. We are able to move the price higher or lower. What is the correct term for that price given by the game?

I do have other related questions and will ask them as answers are receive if this approach is okay with you.

Again, I am very sorry to bring this series of questions to you.

broke

2. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello farmer_broke,

When you open the Farmer's Market:

1.png
    The opened pages are often referred to as: (1) - "overview"​
    (2) - "tabs"

So when referring to this, we would say the "Make offer" tab.

When you wish to place an offer:

2.png
    The price that is listed when first the "make offer" tab is opened is known as the (1) - "market recommended price"
    Amount you can list an item using the (2) - "price calculator"

Can I assist you further?

AMN50, Erridge and sanddollar15 like this.
  3. farmer_broke

Hello shooger.sweet,

Thank you very much. Great information. I hope you can assist me further without any trouble.

Fourth, I am not clear what the bar holding the "market suggest price" may be referred to. Would I be correct in referring to that bar as the price calculator?

Fifth, the "market recommended price" typically remained inactive for long periods of time, previously, for many items. An item's assigned exchange value initially was used as the inactive "market suggested price." (e.g., apples 60.)
    • (using apples) For years the price of "60" remained as the "market recommended price" even though listing prices for aples were well below 60.
    • For whatever the reason, the listing price rose and those prices have gone far above "60". Is one correct in saying that the previously inactive "market suggested price" had become active?
    Sixth, will any item's "market recommended price" ever fall below the initially assigned inactive "market suggested price?" (e.g. the manure "market suggested price" now has not gone below the price of 120 regardless whether or not one may sell it for 1.00 .)

broke

4. shooger.sweet

Yes, the bar can be referred to as the "price calculator" bar.

The prices rise and fall due to market demands and has been in place since the market became "dynamic". The first listing of an item in the Market will start out with the associated Barn Value of that item. The "Market recommended price" then changes due to demand.
    It is always possible, though hardly likely that any item would fall below the Barn Value.

Can I assist you with anything further?

AMN50 likes this.
  5. farmer_broke

Above is just about where I have begun to encounter problems while assisting others.

Seventh. Is an item's "exchange value" to be regarded as the same as the "barn value?"

Eighth. In the game faqs which show a table of the artisan or craft products there is a column title used called "value." What exactly does "value" mean or refer to in those tables?

6. shooger.sweet

Yes, we often refer to the Exchange Value as the Barn Value (maybe because the exchange value of most items can be seen in the Barn) :p.
    The Crafting FAQ's "Value", also refers to the Exchange Value for that item.

AMN50 likes this.
  7. farmer_broke

I raised this same issue several years ago and received a different answer. With the answer just given I cannot rationalize what is presented by the game. You assistance is again needed in order to ask further.

If indeed the word "value" in the game artisan item charts is the exchange value,
    • Then why are the artisan products themselves NOT listed in our barns with that "value" which you suggest refers to the Exchange Value?
    To illustrate an inconsistency or misunderstanding or something very misleading:
    • The basic craft products (which are necessary for a finished craft product) ARE listed under Trade Products (and with an exchange value that IS NOT shown in the game faq charts. These cannot be sold as we know. <-- the base craft products
    • However craft products which may be sold are not listed at all there and thus no Exchange Value listed.
    (This is the very first time I have seen any team party suggest in any Farmerama Forum that "Value" in the gathe answerme data charts refers to the Exchange Value." )

Nineth. If what you have answered is accurate, and I accept the answer, then have the long-time posted game faqs for artisan products indeed been in error for showing "-" in the value column for the basic craft product as they do have an Exchange Value displayed in all barn to date?

8. shooger.sweet

Only the craft ingredients and basic recipes have ever shown in the Barn. Artisan Products/Buffs have never shown in the Barn, but they do also have an exchange value. Although the Artisan ingredients/basic recipes have an Exchange Value, it does not mean they can be sold or used towards quests, etc. The Charts may just not have shown the EV for these items for this reason.

The Artisan FAQ's may not be entirely up to date, I will have to look at them as time permits, but the Charts do refer to Exchange Value as far as I know.

AMN50 likes this.
  9. farmer_broke

I will refer others to this thread regarding the "value" definition. Agree, the recipe charts are in need of update (particularly to at least include most the recent craft products).

In order to confuse this matter a little more:
    • The craft product, Green Mateato (a finished product which may be sold), has been shown in same game charts as having no value (-) for many years now. This is not the only artisan product which may be sold yet has no "value."
    Last observation which makes no sense yet in the faqs of the game:
    • Vial of Growth (an Alchemist product which can be sold) has a "value" of one. And with all those ingredients. One? Something is not right!
    I believe we have gone about as far as we are able to go at this time with craft products. Again, I am very sorry to trouble you with this concern, sincerely.

If there is no further information which may be added by you at this time, I feel we have done well with the effort, thank you again, and feel free to close this thread at your convenience.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  10. shooger.sweet

You are welcome.
    I will look at the Artisan FAQs when time permits :)

~closing as requested~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.