1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delux Pheromones - Breeding results.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Shimmer, Feb 8, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Master

Hello all,
    I'm really excited about the Delux Pheremones. I think they could be a much needed improvement to breeding.

I thought I'd start a thread for the results of delux pheremone breeding, so we can get a better idea of what exactly they do.

Please state the breeding level, rather than the name of the breeding animal. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't memorised the name of every breeding animal! So we're all on the same page, basic animals are 'base' and then there are breeding animals level 1 - 8.

Please also remember to say how many delux pheremones you've used. I'd appreciate it if you posted bad results where you didn't get skips, not just the good ones, so we can tell if they actually work well.

Best of luck getting good skips!

2. -Pameland-

-Pameland- Forum-Greenhorn

Baby Doom!! Starts 18.00hrs CET Friday :inlove::inlove:

I will wait to harvest until after 18.00hrs tomorrow...

KaiCat33, AniE, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  3. habalala

habalala Count Count

Sorry to be not that positive about the new future.

According to the FAQ and tooltip info the Deluxe Pheromones "increases the chance to skip a breeding level during breeding".
    IMHO "a breeding level" = a 1 level skip, which equals to breeding level 1 with Deluxe increases the chance on a level 3 result. Level 2 breeds might give a level 4, and so on.

Unless proven otherwise I'm pretty sure using Deluxe does not increase the chance of getting more or better skips (than a +1).

Up to now these results (a 1 level skip) did occur ever so often without the use of extra potions. I fear the chances on that happening are cutback again as BP wants us to pay for it, with the consequence regular breeding having even less skips as before. And there were already near 0.

To compare the use of Deluxe vs Regular it might be an idea to pick an animal and do
    10 breeds with regulars and 0 Deluxe
    10 breeds with regulars with 1 Deluxe
    10 breeds with regulars with 2 Deluxe
    10 breeds with regulars with 3 Deluxe
    10 breeds with regulars with 4 Deluxe

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Cassie101, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  4. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Board Analyst

"Increases the chance"... bwahaha, yah right.

Cassie101, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  5. Arielh

Arielh All knowing Oracle

There is no time to grow the event crop for the delux pheromones. I don't think I will try them. But I am also very interested to see if they are worth it!
    Good luck to everyone in Baby Boom event:D:music:

Cassie101, KaiCat33 and MARLYMAR like this.
  6. madbs64

madbs64 Forum-Apprentice

Had noticed that same as Pheromones can use up to 4 on each breeding , so may get a +4 skip ??? Have a long weekend ahead, got 50 Deluxe ready so far , will post my findings :))) GOOD or BAD LOL

KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and baw815 like this.
  7. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Master

Sure, if anyone wants to do that they can. Of course, it'll be outside Baby Boom or you might not be able to tell which animal was free and which was the breeding one, and also that's not enough trials to get any sort of accurate results. Which is why I started this thread, so people can pool their results instead.

We'll see! It just depends how they've coded it. It could be that you either get a single skip or you don't, with the pheremones increasing the odds that you do (as you say, from near zero at the moment). I'd expect to see nice round numbers in that case, something like 4 pheremones = 50% chance of a skip.
    Or, each pheremone could give you the chance of a skip, say 10% each, in which case you will see double skips. Or the pheremones could give you one (relatively high) chance plus the small base chance, so you'd see very rare double skips. Like how the Baby Boon rune and Baby Boom Day work together. We won't know until we see results, and I think it's pretty exciting!

KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and habalala like this.
  8. habalala

habalala Count Count

Agreed! And I'm curious about the results as well so thanks for starting the thread. It's just .. they could've coded the overall skip rates back to normal instead :)

KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and baw815 like this.
  9. Mooboy

Mooboy Forum General

Thanks for this Thread Shimmer ;) As i miss reading postings about what skips we get from Breeding. As i recall lots of happy farmers winning an Level 8 or Level 7 Breeding Animal from Base Animals or Level 1 Breeding Animal, with or without using Pheromones.

As Pheromones used in Breeding does not increase chances of better skips it just speeds up the Breeding times. We can do breeding outside of Baby Boom, which i have done in the past. The Breeding outcome was very poor. But we always gets better Breeding Results during Baby Boom, which actually gives us a chance a Skip eg 4 x Based Bees might give us an Forest Bee. As it is +2 up from Base Animal

As we often get no Skip, therefore 4 x Based Bees would give us an Nanny Bee !!. I define a good skip that gives us +3 or +4 eg 4 x Based Bees gives us an Hamster Bee or Bumble Bee. I define a very good skip gives us +5 or +6 eg 4 Based Bees give us might give us an Sentinel Bee or Ninja Bee. A Super Skip is defined as +7 or +8 therefore 4 x Based Bees would gain us a Alien Bee or Bee-utiful Bee.

No Skip, Skip,Good Skip,Very Good Skip and Super Skip. During Baby Boom the randomness Ratio of getting some really good is slim to none no longer reading postings by Farmers playing Farmerama getting a Super Skip, not even an very good skip.

So an Introduction of Deluxe Pheromone works on basis of chance prospects on an almost guarantee at least skipping Equal to or more than +2 Breeding Levels on Basis of what level breeding animals you have placed in Breeding House. Now we can have up to 4 x Deluxe Pheromone per Breeding. Weather that means 25% Chance of getting an Skip or Better per Deluxe Pheromone so using 4 x Deluxe Pheromone would give us 100% guarantee of an Skip or Better (25% x 4 = 100%)

I am not planning to use Deluxe Pheromones on Breeding from Level 1,2,3,4 but from Level 5 and Level 6 only Why....There is no point using Deluxe Pheromones on Level 7 Breeding Animals as you get an Guarantee Level 8 Breeding Animal weather it is during Baby Boom or no Baby Boom;) Fingers Cross 1 Deluxe Pheromone is enough to gives us an Super Skip, Very Good Skip or even a good Skip, it will not be possible to get no Skip or Skip we shall find out.:p

Cassie101, KaiCat33, habalala and 3 others like this.
  10. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Inhabitant

I wish I would have read the events and forum BEFORE I started my breeding. BB is only a couple of hours away.
    I have 10 sets of bats breeding with 1 Deluxe each. Goal is 3 hungry bats to open CR. Will post results later today.

KaiCat33 likes this.
  11. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello littletinybit,

You can still take advantage of the upcoming Baby Boom. All you have to do is leave your breeding pens unharvested until the Baby Boom event has started ;) You will then benefit from the advantages of better skips. The hard part is sitting on your hands and waiting for the mini-event to start :cry::pxD

Regards,
    shooger.sweet

tlcmom, Cassie101, baw815 and 5 others like this.
  12. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Breed 25 brown sheep (L1) got 6 skips, all to L3 (Baldy), so no good skips, just a basic skip. So far, not worth it.

13. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Ambassador

Just tested two pens each with two of the new boosters.
    Results "rubbish", panda no skip at all, ostrich just from base animal to breeding 2 (so just one level skip)...
    Until I hear others results I'm piling my event flowers into Carnival Queen.

14. habalala

habalala Count Count

115 level 1 breedings without deluxe:

105 * level 1 -> level 2
    7 * level 1 -> level 3
    2* level 1 -> level 4
    1* level 1 -> level 5

and 51 Gold, 35 silver, 29 bronze medals

15. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Ambassador

3 panda breeding, each with 4 boosters.

1 no skip, just next level
    1 just a single skip
    but 1 a skip of 6 from base to Circus.

16. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

Do we need to use only 1 deluxe or 4?

I bought some red level animals to breed for workshops and no skips, just the very next level. My 2nd animal that we get for Baby boom was either the same animal I put in or levels below. All of these had deluxe pheromones applied.

100 base level breedings only yielded level 1 and level 2 animals with no deluxe.

So....normal Baby boom with no improvement for deluxe. I won't be worrying about growing more crops to mill them. What a disappointment.

17. habalala

habalala Count Count

50 level 1 breedings without deluxe:

42 * level 1 -> level 2
    7 * level 1 -> level 3
    1 * level 1 -> level 5

and another 18 Gold, 17 silver, 15 bronze medals

Another 50 level 1 breedings without deluxe:

41 * level 1 -> level 2
    7 * level 1 -> level 3
    1 * level 1 -> level 4
    1 * level 1 -> level 8 (yippie a skating ostrich)

and another 26 Gold, 16 silver, 8 bronze medals

Dunno, but it seems I do get some decent skips now without extra effort. After about 200 breedings I already have more skips as last BBD.

edit: also finished Bunny Love without donating any animal .. wowsers!

75 level 2 breedings without deluxe:

65 * level 2 -> level 3
    10 * level 2 -> level 4

OK, ran out of luck (or BP changed the odds) .. but more medals, now collecting those for conversion.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  18. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Overlooker

I am Extremely Disappointed in the "Deluxe" pheromones version with virtually no difference than with regular pheromones.
    The only thing good I can say is that I bred a Pirate Monkey with regulars and sold it for a very handsome profit. Too bad I couldn't trade it for a Pink Mouse stall. No luck with mice.

19. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Old Hand

Wasted my star coins on the deluxe pheromones. skips were the worst ever for aBBD event and using deluxe pheromones. I wont be getting anymore. Wish I used my coins on other items. Back to the drawing board BP, thank you for trying something new but unless going to improve the game I wouldnt bother if I was you

purplebeet, MARLYMAR and habalala like this.
  20. wynde23

wynde23 Junior Expert

I too am extremely disappointed with The "Deluxe" pheromones.
    Horses- 4 level 6 horses used 4 "deluxe" pheromones results no skip just 1 level 7 horse, 2 regular horses.
    ostrich- 4 level 5 ostriches used 2 'Deluxe" pheromones results no skip just 1 level 6 ostrich and 1 level 2 ostrich.
    No skips noted so just how is this called DELUXE if it does nothing? I see no reason to make or use deluxe pheromones -.->:(

Brookeham, Beccalass, baw815 and 4 others like this.