1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Festival Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Moraine, Mar 27, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Easter Festival Strategy Thread

Easter Festival FAQ:
    Easter Festival
    SOS thread: SOS - Easter Festival Thank you Joanc!
    Duration: 28th of March 2018 - 4th of April 2018, 6 hole days and 2 half days
    Both Difficult and Complex, from L3 and onwards we can all be frustrated and confused.

Special For this event
    • A play field of it's own (total 144 1x1 or 36 large plots)
    • Can't use CAC, SG, Suzie or anything like it
    • Need to open land to gain access to all plots.
    • Greenhouse refinements to be made for the event crop

Crop: Miracle Egg plant -
    Growth time: 5h 40min base time, With water & Manure 4:18, With Growth Boost Rune, Water and Manure 4:05
    Drop: Basic Nest
    Mill item: Easter Egg => 65 crop +10 drop, Takes 2 minutes

From start: 24 1x1 plot (= 6 large plots) + 15 seed
    5 more lands to open with 24 1x1plots / 6 large plots (from picture)
    Land requirement:
    1 area +24 1x1s: 1 Easter Egg => 65 crop +10 drop
    2 area +24 1x1s: +1 Easter Egg => +65 crop +10 drop
    3 area +24 1x1s: +1 Easter Egg => +65 crop +10 drop
    4 area +24 1x1s: +3 Easter Eggs =>+195 crop +30 drop
    5 area +24 1x1s: +2 Easter Eggs =>+130 crop +20 drop
    TOTAL: 144 1x1s/36 Large 4x1 , 520 crop + 80 drop

A sensible advice (there is no buff):

For CR: 40 Easter Eggs. NB! That includes those used to open land.
    Total: 2600 crop + drop 400
    Note: Rewards for every Easter Egg donated, check the FAQ
    A rough estimate makes the time needed to just grow the crop about 3,5 days. non stop.

"Optional": Greenery
    FAQ Greenery

Small pot (1 search):
    30 plants needed
    Medium Pot (2 searches): 70 plants needed
    Large pot (3 searches): 130 plants needed
    Time: 4h
    Slots to be used: 3
    +100% EP+200% EP400%EP
    30% not using fertilizer+10 fertilizer effect+30% water effectiveness
    5% reduced growth time10% reduced growth time20% reduced growth time
    Special: bad luck triggers a compensation reward. Check FAQ for list

Note: This is what I figured out before breakfast and tea. Please help improve!

I'm so excited !!! My plan is open all land and then see how bad the drop rate really is (it's bad, just how bad is bad). I have this thing for CR, but the best is to donate as many eggs as possible. In order to do just that, refinements is the way to go. More harvest => more drops. I wouldn't mind a second snail on my farm o_O Or a lion :inlove:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    PeepsCA, Willow, Mooboy and 24 others like this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Forum General

Moraine, I think the FAQs stated 120 1x1 plots - unless it's been updated. :p THIS is incorrect, Moraine is right! Wahoo! Bigger harvests!xD

I probably won't use the Greenhouse option unless the drops are incredible. I will be aiming for the 40 Easter Nests and then think about other stuff! :music:

Thanks Moraine for starting this thread. I'm looking forward to it too - plus we can carry on doing our normal stuff and maybe crack on (pun intended) with those darned FSQs (in my case anyway!). :D

PeepsCA, Mooboy, fun2farm and 15 others like this.
  3. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

The FAQ says 120 1x1s yes, but it goes on to say they can be opened for EEs (Easter Eggs), and when I counted the map, I counted 144 1x1s. So I concluded that those first 24 1x1 wasn't included in the 120 number. Tbf, I liked the English FAQ better than the German one, even if Sven always makes the nice faqs

This is what our faq says: "The playfield consists of 120 1x1 spaces ( 1x2 and 2x2 plots can also be used) and are distributed in 5 parts."

We can unlock 5 areas with EEs, so those 24 1x1 has to be in addition.

Edit 2: Decided to ask the mods just to make sure.

EDIT 3: Yes this event is both difficult and complex. The german forum somewhere deep in a General question thread a picture with 35 large plots, making it 140 1x1s. My head - seriously, why not just give us the plot number straight out.

EDIT 4: No, the picture in the German forum showed 36 large plots, one was just "out of order" and ready to harvest. 144 1x1s. Gaaaaaahhhhhhh, I'm about to cluck and lay eggs, and that's even before the event has started

4. illy1996

illy1996 Forum General

LOL Moraine ... all will become clear but well done on counting the squares - I did that three times and came up different each time! :p

PeepsCA, Mooboy, fun2farm and 11 others like this.
  5. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Then Illy, I suggest we use the highest number xD

I am pretty confident it's 144, now. Ask me in 5 min and I'm sure that confident has eroded somewhat xD The droppings is as usual the critical factor. Not sure what to do myself, Chance a bit on the greenhouse ? Or Do CR and be done with it ?

6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Forum General

Thank you Moraine,and illy for your input! I would be lost without your help! :) I will not be using the Greenhouse
    option as I am a complete numpty in that area of this game!:wuerg: Hoping the drops are amazing! Good luck and
    Happy Easter!

7. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Duke

Thanks Moraine for doing the work :)
    Me too sanddollar ;) I'm not good in the greenhouse.

PeepsCA, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 11 others like this.
  8. joanc123

joanc123 Board Veteran

Thank you Moraine, you are a super star for tackling this one. Just popped in to drop off the SOS thread. I need a lot more coffee... nothing making sense yet. :music:
    Good Luck everyone!! :)

Nala777, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 13 others like this.
  9. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

The greenhouse isn't all that hard. Chuck in max needed crop (grants 3 searches, 3 pots if you'd like), wait 4 hours with everything crossed for luck, salt tossed over the shoulder and rubbing your lucky hare's foot. Sadly I don't have a rabbit or a hare so mine is imaginary. Not very effective

After 4 hours , press search - Keep whatever if you get anything. If not press continue. Do the lucky dance for 4 more hours. Search a pot again. Keep if you find anything, if not continue. Repeat until you have all refinements you need/want.

If you have found one you want to use, go to the Plant refinery (next tab in the greenhouse), click on one of the squares, choose, and voilá, you have a refinement working.

We can seriously cut some time off the growing time. Less time in the soil = more harvest= more drops= more eggs= more goodies

Compound interest may be the strongest force in the universe, but greed is pretty strong too :oops:

the bad side is ofc if the lucky hare is ticklish and refuses to be rubbed, or you dance the lucky dance backwards - you're stuck with bad luck and small prizes/goodies.

Edit: Very important is to keep anything you find, if not you can be stuck in a loop where you only find the one you do not want. Remember you do not need to use those you do not want.

PeepsCA, Willow, Nala777 and 13 others like this.
  10. dafodily

dafodily Board Analyst

As no buffs (CAC, PJ, SSG) effect the event playfield to increase crop harvest - WILL ONLY USE 2x2 PLOTS FOR EVENT!

6 2x2 plots take 6 seeds yield 30 seeds (6x5) for a net of 24 seeds = 24 1x1 plots take 24 seeds yield 48 seeds (24x2) for a net yield of 24 seeds.

Unless there is an event buff I missed that will increase crop size - just use 2x2 plots and save yourselves on water, manure & clicking!

EDIT: Looks like 36 2x2 plots for the full event playfield!

11. marlenef24

marlenef24 Regular

Hey Moraine:D Thanks a bunch! It looks like your brain functions better without food and drinks...you're right, we'll have 144 tiny fields to play with:) So, good luck to all of us. I'm still pondering :music:this event seems a bit too hard and it needs a lot of involvement:p

PeepsCA, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 9 others like this.
  12. Flower

Flower Junior Expert

Thanks Moraine! I would be completely lost without you, guys! Won't use the greenhouse too! Good luck to everybody! That the drops be with us!

PeepsCA, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 10 others like this.
  13. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Duke

Thanks for the info about the greenhouse Moraine :)

Mooboy, KaiCat33, gardengal and 9 others like this.
  14. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

True, very true Dafodily. I took the liberty to add it on the main post. No need to use 1x1s at all. You even save seed on the re-sowing early on. I have no plan to go 1x1, just do big ones. But my mind is stuck on tiny plots. There are , ofc 36 large plots (=144 small)

Mooboy, KaiCat33, gardengal and 7 others like this.
  15. illy1996

illy1996 Forum General

The only problem with 2x2s, less chance of drops. The difference is between 36 and 144 possibles! o_O

Now if the drop rate is good - and, if I'm not mistaken (again!), this event is 6 days plus two half days so I'm counting that as 7 days - one day more than normal anyway. So drops may not be an issue ... think I just saw a flying pig pass! :p

If the drops are good, I will also be using 2x2s as it is not too much to manually harvest. Four of my other fields are only needing harvesting twice a day and animals/trees on the other two fields are much the same. Hate to start a harvester voucher just to use it twice in a day! :wuerg:

Now if I was to win the harvester, no problemo! :music:

PeepsCA, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 10 others like this.
  16. dafodily

dafodily Board Analyst

Or @illy1996 split the difference 1x2's ... better drops but less clicking than 1x1's ;)

PeepsCA, Mooboy, KaiCat33 and 8 others like this.
  17. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Did he drop an Easter Egg?

18. illy1996

illy1996 Forum General

Not sure if it was an Easter Egg! :wuerg:

19. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Then it's not the right kind of flying pig :(

20. illy1996

illy1996 Forum General

xDxDxD