1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra 100 points with dice game - how & why are these extra points awarded

Discussion in 'General issues' started by Growalot, Jun 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Growalot

Growalot Regular

I have noticed that some in games I receive an extra 100 points and other games I don't. This has been when I've thrown a good shot first i.e. large straight or the 3rd try. I've read through the FAQ and for some reason I'm not getting the how and why. Can you please explain this, thanks.

Last example played a few moments ago: I threw a large straight in the first try and only got the normal amount of points awarded and not an extra 100.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    AMN50 likes this.
  2. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello Growalot,

As stated in the FAQ:
    When a yahtzee combination is chosen for the first time, the bonus points are added. Example: From your dice you roll 3 x sixes. You choose this combo on the list for the first time, it will be highlighted in yellow you receive the 60 points and the 100 bonus points are awarded. Later you roll 3 x sixes and choose this combination again, you only receive the 60 points.

Can I assist you further?

AMN50 likes this.
  3. Growalot

Growalot Regular

Thanks shooger.sweet, should I have then received an extra 100 points for getting a large straight on the first throw? I only received the 'normal' points, nothing extra.

4. shooger.sweet

The extra points are only awarded the first time a combination is used. If you have used this combination before, no bonus points are awarded. It does not matter on the throws used to get a combination, only the final combination chosen. The green check marks mean the bonus points have been used for this combination already:

2018-06-30_18h42_49.png
    If you need your account checked, please post your ID#.

Can I assist you further?

AMN50 likes this.
  5. Growalot

Growalot Regular

Thanks again shooger.sweet, I totally understand now. Your explanation and visual really helped.

The first throw of a large straight I mentioned in my previous reply was not the first large straight I had thrown in the game, I just got one on a first throw in one of the games.

I wondered what all the ticks were for as they didn't necessarily correlate with the combination thrown. I'll take more notice of those ticks now!!

NFQ, you can close thread.

6. shooger.sweet

You are welcome.

~closing as requested~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.