1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farmcup Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Moraine, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:30 PM.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Farmcup Strategy Thread
    14th of June 2018 - 15th of July 2018
    Where: Event Field:
    FAQ: Farmcup
    SOS: N/A - Can't gift drops ?
    Difficulty: BP thinks it's Easy. They don't play the game tho

Crop: Oléander, 5h - 4:00 hr with water, 3:36 hr with water and manure
    Drop: stick (only event field)
    Milled Item 1 = Fan colour = the Blue flag, 170 crop x 6 drop - For the mini game
    Milled Item 2 = Farmcup Flag = the Red flag, 450 crop x 20 drop

No buffs works, Only Water & Manure and EP Booster

Confusing stuff:
    3 games in one event:
    CR: Soccer Event Layer
    Mini game for event shop: Mini-Game and Event Shop
    Quests: Farmcup Quests
    And then we have the refinery: Greenhouse and Plant Refinery

The field, quests and the shop opens up a bit more for every week, and the CR part is 5th of July - 15 july, so 10 days.

Requirements for the CR:
    15 red flags = Crop: 6750 + Drop: 300

Requirements in the mini game:
    One game = 1 blue flag
    It's a mini version of the soccer game.

Event requirements for the Quests & Event Rewards
    Q1 = only from barn...........................................=> 175 crop +6 Blue flags
    Q2 = 2 220 Crop + 78 drop..................................=> 13 Blue Flags
    Q3 = 1700 crop + 60 sticks + (breeding animals)...=>5 (+5) Blue Flags
    Q4 = 2750 + 102 drops...................................... => 17 Blue Flags
    Q5 = Only from barn ...........................................=> 6 Blue Flags
    Note: there are some other goodies among the mulch so check it out.

Refinement/Greenhouse
    Small pot: 130 crop
    Mediumpot 300 crop
    Large pot: 500 crop

Mir's Crop calculations:
    Disclaimer: I'm just a simple person that read what she wants to read, and uses the faulty brain to sum things up. Please help weed out the errors and make improvements. Happy farming to us all

Thank you Habalala for the water & manure times.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 5:10 PM
    AMN50, Willow, teacher30 and 16 others like this.
  2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

xDxDxDxDxDxDxD

Willow, BoHoKaren, teacher30 and 12 others like this.
  3. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Old Hand

Thank you Morraine for attempting to work the requirements...They should of notified us that you need a degree in understanding confuzzlement to work out what is needed in the FAQs.

I will get crops for 1st Quest to help then just keep growing crops and see how it goes from there

4. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

:oops: I'd never dare to do a starting post if they warned me.

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Connoisseur

confuzzlement for sure. I'll do what I can and be happy with what I get.

6. Neddy38

Neddy38 Regular

So, SG, SSG is consider crafting buff?:eek:
    My english is not good, as well as my memory .:oops:
    I don’t remember the last time using special event land,
    do we also could not used crafting buff like SG, SSG
    O.K. BP say it is, then it is, we must trust BP :wuerg:

Edit: add words
    Since the complex of this event... I will not try to understand it detail.
    When event start, I will just grow crop on special land, then, try to see
    if I want to do those short time quest to earn some more crop’s seed!

7. Okkkay

Okkkay Someday Author

Looks like an interesting and complex event to me!

My goals and schedule so far:
    First week: asap do the first two levels of the quest, then grow the event crop.
    Starting 21th June, maybe greenhousing for the fail-prices. The event is long enough to worth it.
    CORRECTED DATE: by 5TH JULY, mill 15 red flags. That will cost 450*15= 6750 crops and 20*15= 300 sticks.
    Then get the cloudrow. Additionally, every red flag you pay for the cloudrow, also gives you 4 blue flags with which you can start playing the soccer minigame.
    Third week: FSQ time again. You need 1700 plants before the end of the week and 60 sticks. (And breeding animals from your barn, so make sure you use today's boomday wisely. ) No milling and no minigame until you have the required stuff. We're talking about bananas.
    Fourth week: consider your crates and what you want from the starcoinshop. 450 eventcrops and 9 sticks to get to the interesting part of the crates, 950 crops and 45 sticks for the trees. That's 1400 crops and 54 sticks. Maybe also get the Treats crates, those are good, for an extra 450 crop+15 sticks. But maybe you want to do the minigame instead, so consider what sort of reward you want: shop or crate?

And excess you have at this point can be milled down for blue flags. Go play the game and do the shopping.

(Also there's a fifth quest which has nothing to do with the event except for the end date and it looks interesting.)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 5:24 AM
  8. -Mir85-

No, I don't think they are crafting buffs, since the crafting buffs are from the artisan village. But the point is, no buffs except water, manure and event plant EP boosters will work.

You should take a look at the weekly schedule in the FAQ. Greenhouse is for instance not unlocked until second week, and red flags not until 4th week.

9. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

Mir is correct, I pretty much did a copy and paste from the FAQ. I've removed the word "Crafting" so it's more clear and correct. I do wonder tho if trophies, and drop pets/row works. I think they do, but I never remember from time to time.

I think doing the first levels on the first quest is important, it grants crop. Also play at least 1 game week one and two to gain more crops. Crop crop crop, yes please

10. Okkkay

Okkkay Someday Author

Thank you for the correction! So: by 5th July you need 6750 crops and 300 sticks, ready to be milled as soon as the red flag is millable.

I'm not sure about the crop game. You need 170 crops to start the game and LET'S HOPE you get more than the necessary 5 starcoins. For 170 crops plus drops plus mill time, you get 200 crops. I suggest you wait for the buyable giver to blueflag you. (If you buy the basket. )
    Of course if you have a spare blueflag it's not wise to wait using it!

11. habalala

habalala Count Count

Thanks Moraine for starting this thread and for the nice summery.

I feel it'll be a long and dreading event because of all the limitations. Minimal field to start with (anyone a clue how many plots the areas are? It's not in the FAQ?), no crop boosters, 5hr crop = about 5 harvests a day if you are on top of it and wish to sleep as well. It's going to take awhile to collect a decent, somewhat useful amount of crops and drops.

5:00 hr crop =
    4:00 hr with water
    3:36 hr with water and manure

12. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

I think the German forum says 7 x 2x2 plots = 28plots. (and it shows 7 large on their instruction video as well.)
    Another thing I did noticed, max rewarded Star Coins looks to be 6, and it is just shoot the goal.

Their pictures seem to show that all areas are of the same size, 28 1x1 each, so in total 112 1x1, or 28 large 2x2 plots. It's the same pictures as ours, but with the lawn on it.
    [​IMG]
    Source : the German forum

13. habalala

habalala Count Count

Vielen Dank, merci, gracias and thank you Moraine!

Just a reminder, for crop gathering it doesn't matter what plot size one chooses but using larger plots do save water and manure costs.

7 2x2 plots = 28 crops per harvest + 7 crops for replant
    14 1x2 plots = 28 crops per harvest + 14 crops for replant
    28 1x1 plots = 28 crops per harvest + 28 crops for replant

10 crops at the start, 175 crops in Quest 1, task 1 silver/gold/diamond

My calculations:

4 harvests a day = 112 crops. 7 days = 784 crops
    5 harvests a day = 140 crops. 7 days = 980 crops
    6 harvests a day (and very little sleep) = 168 crops. 7 days = 1176 crops

So at the end of week 1, doing 5 harvests a day, the crop total in our barn should be 980+175= 1155.

Week 2, double playfield with 14 2x2 plots and 5 harvests/day, adds another 1960 crops. Total crops 3115

Week 3, triple playfield with 21 2x2 plots and 5 harvests/day adds 2940 crops. Total 6055 crops

Week 4, 10 days, full playfield with 28 2x2 plots and 5 harvests/day, no slacking!, adds 5600 crops. Total 11655 crops.

In the Event Shop we can "buy" 650 crops, making the grand total, including 10 starter crops: 12315 crops.

Doing all in the quests needs 6670 crops
    To get the CR needs 6750 crops
    -> Total crops needed 13420!

In short: doing the event in full is impossible given the amount of crops that realisticly can be grown! Even the very few lucky players being able to do 5 harvests a day, 4 weeks in a row will fall short of crops.
    Be very aware doing the quests, do skip gold and/or diamond if you don't want to miss out on the CR. Also, avoid the Refinery!

.. or maybe wait for BP to adjust requirements. Seems it's needed. Again. Sigh.

Good luck all. May all of us become a winner!

*edited as I found out week 4, full field, actually runs for 10 days.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 11:19 PM
    FarmerMolly22, AniE, Willow and 9 others like this.
  14. -Mir85-

Some first thoughts on the different parts of the event, change of mind may occur in the future :p

Cloud row = 15 red flags: This will be my main goal. A crate with CAC and all the new +3 artisan product sounds great - although there will probably be a lot of salt and sugar etc. too. In addition we will get 60 fancolors from decorating the stadium, those alone will give enough star coins to get quite a lot from the event shop.

Quest 1: First level gives Oléander and sticks, so that seems like a must. For the rest I'll have to look closer at requirements vs. prizes.

Quest 2: Requires only Oléander and sticks, approximately same amount as it would take to make the 13 fan colors it rewards. So instead of milling 13 fan colors, you can do the quest, get the fan colors + extra rewards, among them 15 star coins. That's a good deal. Only reason not to do it is if you are unsure if you'll have enough crops/drops for your other goals.

Quest 3:
    Again 1700 Oléander + 60 sticks = 10 fan colors wich are in the rewards. But you also need to give 100,000 EV of breeding animals, so you need to see if that's worth the remaining prizes. For me I think that is a maybe. And I'm not sure I'll have enough crops for it - so I think this quest is out for me.

Quest 4:
    Total requirements = the resources for 17 fan colors which are in the rewards. So if you have enough crops/drops this is a good deal.

Quest 5:
    Will decide at the end of the event if the rewards are worth it. Only barn stock required.

Fan colors: It seems we will get plenty from donating red flags and doing (some of) the quests. I doubt I will have much crops and drops left over to mill these.

Greenhouse: I'm a bit unsure about this. You don't know how long it will take to get the refinements and how much crop you'll have to invest and if it will be worth it in the end. When you get the refinements that means shorter grow time and harvesting more often, which I'm not sure I'm a fan of. But a low droprate might pressure the use of the greenhouse. As far as I can see, refinements are the only way to boost drops. If you can get more harvests inn with a shorter growing time, you'll get more drops. I think I'll have to see after the first week, how many drops I get per crop and take it from there.

Estimating crop harvest: First week we have 28 small plots. No CAC or other boosts means only 28 crops gained per harvest. Each week we get 28 more small plots. With water and manure the crop take 3 hours and 36 minutes, I expect I can make 5 harvests a day (including overnight). First week I can then grow 980 crops, next week 1960 crops, third week 2940 crops and last 10 days 5600 crops. That's only 11,480 crops in total. To that we can add the 175 from the first quest, 650 from the event shop and the 10 starting seeds and I get a total of 12,315 crops.

Number of crops and drops needed: For the cloud row we will have to mill 15 red flags (no other way of obtaining these as far as I can see). That's a total of 6750 crops and 300 drops. Quest 2 requires 2220 crops and 78 drops, quest 3 requires 1700 crops and 60 drops and quest 4 requires 2750 crops and 102 drops. In total that's 13,420 crops and 540 drops.

My plan: I don't think I'll get enough crops to do all the quests and get the cloud row. But maybe I can manage the rest if I skip quest 3. Then I'll need 11,720 crops and 480 drops. I think I can grow that many crops, will have to see how the drop rate is.
    • Week one: Do first part of Quest 1, possibly more. Keep an eye on how many harvests a day I manage, and how many drops on average per harvest.
    • Week two: If the droprate is too low I might try my luck in the greenhouse. I'll do Quest 2 and keep growing the crops. Start the football games and decide what first to get from the event shop.
    • Week three: Skip Quest 3. Keep growing crops.
    • Week four: Evaluate crop and drop situation. Cloud row is main goal. Do as much of Quest 4 as I can afford. Decide what of Quest 5 to do. Mill fan colors if any leftovers. Spend rest of the star coins.
    Number of fan colors: 60 from red flag donations, up to 6 from Quest 1, 13 from quest 2, 17 from Quest 4, up to 6 from Quest 5, 10 from the Genuine Fan item. Total: 100, possibly 112. I think I'll manage 6 star coins per game, and Quest 2 gives 15 star coins, so in total: 615, possibly 687. That should be plenty enough for shopping!

Concerns: Most of the football games will be played during the last week of the event, while there is not much to do in the early stages besides growing crops. Could be better balanced imo. Also, unless players very early on think carefully about what they want to accomplice they might not have enough crops in the end. For instance, if you mill a lot of fan colors in the beginning, you might not have enough crops to get the cloud row in the end.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 9:28 PM
  15. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Count Count

wow this all sounds a bit overwhelming :( to me anyway :(:wuerg::oops:

AniE, Sue46, shellhappybj and 3 others like this.
  16. -Mir85-

In theory we have a month to figure it out. Unfortunately you have to start planning early if you want to get the best result. The first week there is not much else to do than to grow crops and mill fan colors. I think it would be mistake to mill fan colors that early, but undoubtedly many will, since it is almost the only thing to do. Bad design of the event in my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM
    marymac50, clonahmon, AniE and 7 others like this.
  17. Moraine

Moraine Forum Ambassador

In Theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice they are not.

I'll sum up the strategies posted: Grow & save until last week. Then aim for your goal xD

18. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

I want the Fangbrush factory!! Why? Because I don't have onexDxD My head is spinning a little bit...TMI at one time...Good luck to all:D

19. -Mir85-

True that xD

Almost, but not quite. If you want to do one or more of the quests, you have to do them while they are available...

marymac50, clonahmon, AniE and 7 others like this.
  20. sglick

sglick Forum Great Master

Rating: OVERWHELMING!
    requirement: Must have a PHD in Confuzzelment in order to understand this event in order to complete it.

I appreciate all these posts. You'all are great at helping us make sense of this event. My brain is too small to comprehend all of this "easy" event. o_O

MY Strategy: Wait and see how many Junks I can grow as quickly as I can. Plus, I'll keep reading this thread so you'all can keep helping me figure out what to do next. (you'all) :inlove: (me):p

marymac50, hatzeva, spotsbox and 6 others like this.