1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funky Fern Project- Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Sep 28, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Active Author

Funky Fern Project
    Starts:
    Monday, 1st of October at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Friday, 5th of October at 22:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Difficulty:Easy - Hard
    SOS Thanks @joanc123
    Event crop:

Tropical Fern

[​IMG]
    Time: 4 hours
    Gives (2x2): 160 TEP

Can be grown on the 3 tropical lands (baha, rainforest, crystal falls) only!

Event drop:

Pipette
    [​IMG]
    You will get these drops when harvesting your 3 tropical lands (baha, rainforest, crystal falls) from harvesting crops only!

Total Requirements:

10,500 Event Crops
    580 Drops

*After the Event, the Fern becomes a new permanent Mainland crop!

*The Fern will not be available to buy in the seed shop. It will be able to be bought/sold in the Market and grown on the mainlands. You can also receive 1 x Fern through the Fern Dispenser handed out in the short-timed Farmer's Society Quest.
    Fern:Time: 6 hours Gives (2x2): 240 EP Level: 70 Category: Flower

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    hatzeva, Erridge, zerodegrees and 9 others like this.
  2. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Thank you Sahra :D

3. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you SahraB for getting us started. :) I just wish we could keep any extra.

The left over event items will be exchanged to EP and CC after the end of this event:
    • 1 Tropical Fern = 4 CC + 5 TEP;
    • 1 Skull Ladle = 29 CC + 44 TEP.
    This means the only way to get this fern is to complete the event for the dispenser, or wait for it to hit the market.
    Maybe I should grow some on a few of my other farms and get the price started upward. :p I'll be like farmer_broke!!! xD

SOS thread is posted.

4. Cassie101

Cassie101 Board Veteran

Thanks SahraB for the numbers :)

5. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Fern is showing in the market, but only in main crops. Since the crops will be grown on Baha, probably will not be able to sell until after event. :(
    Oh well, Good Luck getting the fern dispenser everyone!!! :music:

6. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

Yes, the event crop will not be in the market.

7. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Mogul

Thanks SahraB for crunching the numbers :)

8. clonahmon

clonahmon Forum Baron

Thanks Sahra B for the numbers :)

My strategy:
    Setting out longtermrs on all baha fields for preparation (also for a good drop rat on the starship chips if still needed)
    Growing 6,500 ferns on all tropical fields asap to do all silver levels only and gold/diamond in step 5 to get the dispenser. With a growing time of 4 hours (3.12 with water) 7 harvests will be needed. That should be done then by Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning.
    After doing the silvers I will go for the other prizes
    Hope the drop rat will be with us and that the Starship chips will also drop on Monday and Tuesday out of the fern crops. A crop is a crop is a crop (my opinion)..

Good Luck everybody

Edit: As it is rated as easy-hard I presume, the drops could be a problem, but we will see.

AniE, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 5 others like this.
  9. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Mogul

The Exchange rate for drops is 29 CC + 44 TEP, which is a clear indication of its preciousness.

Good luck everybody for Pipette.

Erridge, AniE, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  10. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Connoisseur

So..........
    A baha event held on 1st Oct., whereas the starship event end on 2nd Oct!-.-
    Now, I think most of farmers had used baha to help the drops for starship event.
    My baha main farm had all grow trees and the worst is:
    The drop of this event only come from CROP only!!
    So,if I want this event start smoothly, I had to stop starship event on 30 sept to give me
    a day to prepare for this event...
    Very good, BP, This is really a easy to hard event.
    For those near the finished line of starship event, it will be easy as they can release baha
    land for this event. But, if the f
    armers still far from finished starship event and I think most of them
    luck of drops mainly on loudspeaker.

Farmers had to used baha lands and that mean they had to shortened the time to play for
    this event, so it will be hard!
    Am I right?

Erridge, BoHoKaren, Cassie101 and 9 others like this.
  11. -Mir85-

I was thinking the same Neddy. It is bad enough with overlapping events without them conflicting too.

Cassie101, Sue46, zerodegrees and 4 others like this.
  12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

I am so confused. after the event it becomes a mainland crop but it's a baha crop for the event? This makes no sense to me. And then we can't buy it - we have to get one measly fern at a time from a dispenser? Yeah, um, gee thanks?

Cassie101, Arielh, kibsnfebs and 5 others like this.
  13. xristos-ale3andros

xristos-ale3andros Junior Expert

Think of it as two FAQ's in a blender:music:
    1. We will have an event with tropical fern on the Bahamarama.
    We will plant it, collect it and hand it in.
    After the Bahamarama event whatever is surplus will be exchanged to CC and EP... as usual.
    2. We will have a new plant on the mainland that coincidentally is the fern (but has nothing to do with the tropical fern)
    We can't buy it from the store :(, but we can buy and sell it on the market and we can reseed it.
    So the seed from the dispenser +3 fern seeds from the baha event are just to start the mainland fern production running.
    The two FAQs are joined because the Bahamarama event provides you the starting point for the mainland crop (3 fern seeds + dispenser)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Cassie101, trishap58, Sue46 and 12 others like this.
  14. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

I like your simplified way of presentation of the FAQ, xristos-ale3andros ! It makes understanding easier.

15. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

My strategy questions are:

Why should I want to grow Fern on my mainlands; what is it's use or purpose?
    Why should I offer a single plot to place a dispenser for a seed every 20 hours while Fern itself grows in 6 hours? Obtaining the factory upgrades and a single Fern seed from this event seems enough to me.

Plan:
    task 1 - silver
    task 2 - silver
    task 3 - silver, gold, diamond
    task 4 - silver, gold, diamond
    task 5 - silver

Totals:
    task 1 - 800 TF + 10 drops
    task 2 - 900 TF + 10 drops
    task 3 - 2400 TF + 120 drops (factory upgrade)
    task 4 - 2800 TF + 120 drops (factory upgrade)
    task 5 - 1200 TF + 50 drops (single Fern seed)

Overall needed: 8100 Tropocal Fern (TF) and 310 drops.

With a 4hr event crop this can easily be done in a day. To gain drops, overnight long timed crop should do the trick (if prepared prior to event start as well it'll help!).

16. -Mir85-

I can't answer for you :p only for myself:

1) I like to keep a minimum amount of all crops/fruits/animals. I am confident that there will be quests and/or other uses at some point. Since fern will not be available in the seed shop, the market price might go very high when fern is needed for something.

2) I will not put the fern dispenser out. The only use I can see for it is if you go down to 0 seeds, then there is a way to get a starter seed without relying on the market (for instance if it is sold out).

3) After getting the first fern seed I will happily grow an additional 1500 tropical fern in return for 50 PF, 5 stars and 300,000 TEP.

Keep smiling ;)

17. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

Hi habalala !

After seeing your post I went to see what the rewards of the quest are. You made me inquisitive. [​IMG] You see I am one of the type who just do the event as a routine. A event is announced do it. Not even aware of the rewards I get except when they are exceptionally good.

On going through the reward, I found the rewards to be TEPs & 2 factory upgrades, & 60 supergrows, 60 suzy's super grows, 60 Turbo Mulch, 60 farm coins & 50 powerfeeds.

For long time player these are not worthy except for 2 upgrades. But for new players, it will help them to level up baha easily & get more GBs and unlock many things and also the SGs, SSGs, PFs, TMs & FCs. Stocking up these won't hurt us too. We might not know when we require what.

AniE, Cassie101, Mooboy and 6 others like this.
  18. xristos-ale3andros

xristos-ale3andros Junior Expert

There is some suspicious wording in the FAQs: 'You can earn the unique Fern Dispenser, to learn to grow the Fern for the Mainlands'.
    I think this requires some clarification.

19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

Well you know I'm going to do as much as I can - the FEOCD is all consuming after all.

I just think something's odd about this mainland fern thing - and I'm hoping that there aren't a boatload of new crops similarly designed coming in the future, KWIM?

Mooboy, Sue46, sanddollar15 and 6 others like this.
  20. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

@-Mir85- @12ss12

Thanks for the input!

To grow more crops and gain more drops to get extra farm goodies is a good and valid point.
    I might do it myself too but it'll depend on the drop rate being reasonable and not stingy..

@xristos-ale3andros

Here's another one from the FAQ to think about:
    *After the Event, the Fern becomes a new permanent Mainland crop!

The Tropical Fern will not be available to buy in the seed shop. It will be able to be bought/sold in the Market and grown on the mainlands. You can also receive 1 x Fern through the Fern Dispenser handed out in the short-timed Farmer's Society Quest.

It implies Fern is buyable in the seed shop :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.