1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give us a break, please.

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by taycramtree, Feb 27, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. taycramtree

taycramtree Active Author

Please give us more than one day in between events. With events following one right after another, there is no time to raise the normal crops, animals, and trees that are needed for many of them.

I've been playing this game since 2010. That year, there were eleven events. In 2011, there were twenty-nine events. Last year (2018), there were 74 events. This doesn't include all of the mini-events that happen throughout the year. Some of these were breeding events, but even those tend to run concurrent with other events that require planting event crops, which means you can't raise the animals you need to breed.

I like events, but they were much more enjoyable when they happened every other week or so rather than on an average of six per month like last year.

If the event rate is going to continue as is, then I would like have more land made available - even if it's only available for raising event crops.

The game is meant to be fun and I do enjoy playing but with the constant barage of events, it often feels more like a job. I am aware that I have the option of not participating in events, but then I miss out on the things, like cloud rows, that give advantages.

Thank you for your consideration.

2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Expert

I will second this. Or, continue with the amount of events - but use the special EVENT land, so that we can keep doing regular farming while we have the events! Please and thank you.

3. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Commissioner

I will add my name to this excellent suggestion......lets hope BP do listen but from recent requests I doubt it very much but lets try

4. Shimmer

Shimmer Exceptional Talent

Add me to the list of people who would like events spaced out more.

5. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Baron

YESxDGive us a break! How do you expect us to pay for all of these events with real money, if we are always emptying our wallets on one event after the other?????? Although I stopped doing that!

How about 3 weeks of events and 1 full week of no events...just regular farming? Or as mentioned...use the event land.

6. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Duke

Agreed. People are more likely to invest their RL money when they are invested in the game. When the event is a relatively rare and exciting change to the daily routine of farming, the event is enticing and makes players want to participate - so they will want to put their RL money towards completion. When you have event after event, and sometimes concurrently, people lose the motivation to finish each event, or even participate in the first place. Finishing an event means nothing when there is another opportunity to finish an event tomorrow. When there is little need or satisfaction in completing an event, why would people want - on mass - to pay to finish? I certainly wouldn't pay to finish 74 events a year. I would consider paying to finish 2 or 3 major ones. People aren't going to spend money on events when they can just get whatever prizes in the next, or the next, or the one after that. Make events, and thus prizes, more rare, and people will want to make the most of the opportunity.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    SahraB, baw815, farmlily3 and 11 others like this.
  7. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Forum Expert

I agree, wholeheartedly I have been missing for at least a week I was just getting overwhelmed and had to step back. Meantime my friends didn't get any help from me with fighting to complete their events. Yes PB PLEASE slow down. I know I could have popped in and did the daily gifts but I have FOCD and if I log on... I'm down the rabbit hole. So to speak

SahraB, farmlily3, AniE and 7 others like this.
  8. Laurelei

Laurelei Regular

If you look at March preview our pleas are clearly falling on deaf ears, but I'm with those who would like more thoughtful, less plentiful events.

9. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Forum-Apprentice

I have to agree with others here, there are just too many events with no time between them. So many are near impossible to finish and the rewards are not worth the resources needed to finish them. Its getting easier and easier to sit out for most of them.

10. farmlily3

farmlily3 Commander of the Forum

8) I agree with all the above!!!!!
    I am so tired of trying to do events, but unable to grow all the insane number of crops required....that is, UNLESS I destroy my whole farm!!
    I will not do this, as I have invested too many years, too much effort, and too much $$$$$ building a farm! I have loved building my farm. I do NOT love tearing it apart!

So please make up your mind, BP - is this going to remain a FARMING game, or is it going to continue as an EVENT game??!!
    There is a very good suggestion that has been made: Use the EVENT FIELD for ALL events. Perhaps even make it bigger, or give it a 'Buddy' field.

Then we, who joined this game to relax and build our farms, would actually be able to do so!!
    :(:(:(Sadly, as things are now with events disrupting the very reason we started playing here - I find that I am spending less and less time 'down on the farm'.......:sleepy:and lots less $$$.

11. SylvanMoon

SylvanMoon Forum-Apprentice

I absolutely concur with these pleas. I am unable to grow the necessary crops or open the fields or get the stables and workshops to produce anything because every day there is a new event crop needed or task that takes my already grown crops. I too would like a dedicated event field.

12. rivak

rivak Someday Author

I'm jumping on this bandwagon too. I've been planting shruiken sage like crazy, and today realized I'm almost completely out of wheat thanks to making animal food. And I had over 2000 before Fangs of Fury started!

Twice a month events sounds good. You get a week of raising what you need, a week of fun stuff, and back to needed items. Or maybe alternate--events like Fangs of Fury, then smaller ones like the baby bonus breeding event? Either way, it would be more easy going and relaxing for me.

13. Jazac

Jazac Forum Duke

Ok I made this up. As I too agree with everyone.. To many events.. No time for normal farming.

Players: BP, there is to many events back to back.

BP: So sit them out.

Players: It is hard to choose which ones to sit out.

BP: Sorry, we on a roll and don't want to stop.

Players: Well, what about the event play field?

BP: What about it?

Players: Why don't it get used as it should?

BP: That was just space on your farm map that needed to get used up. Looks pretty huh? Its for looks not to be touched... xDxD

14. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Expert

@Jazac , you nailed it. xDxDxD
    But, they (you-know-who) ;) wouldn't budge xDxDxD

15. illy1996

illy1996 Commander of the Forum

Absolutely! I love my farm and find it hard to miss events, even when RL tries to sabotage them but I am finding that with so many events, I don't really get any fun or joy from them as I did in the past. Just do them and if I finish them, fine, if not, there will be another one very soon. :wuerg:

phoenixboy12, SahraB, AMN50 and 6 others like this.
  16. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Baron

Oh gosh....I laughed really loud at work reading thatxDxDEven snorted a littlexDxDBut I totally agree with all that you have said;)