1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hooked on Fishing 2018 Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Moraine, Jul 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Hooked on Fishing 2018

When: 11th of July 2018 - 17th of July 2018 = 6 days
    Where: All 3 mainland fields + Bahama and Rainforest:
    Difficulty: Medium
    FAQ: Hooked on Fishing 2018
    SOS: SOS - Hooked on Fishing

Link to last years very very good strategy thread: Strategy: Hooked On Fishing

There are 3 drops, all can be gifted.
    Drop
    Name​
    From​
    [​IMG]
    Lure Feather​

• Stables
    • Workshops
    • Breeding house
    [​IMG]
    Metal disc​

• Trees
    [​IMG]
    Fishhook​

• Crop

We can craft 3 types of Lures in both the mills.

Lure Name Requriement
    Chance of catching the best fish​
    [​IMG] Fishing Lure
    • 2 Fishhooks
    • 3 Lure feathers
    • 2 Metal Discs
    Low​
    [​IMG] Premium Lure
    • 7 Fishhooks
    • 6 Lure Feathers
    • 5 Metal Discs
    Medium​
    [​IMG] Deluxe Lure
    • 12 Fishhooks
    • 11 Lure feathers
    • 11 Metal Discs
    Large​

Plot:
    Catch fish, trade them in for boxes and keep smiling (Ref Habalala)
    Different fish have different values, and accordingly hard to catch. In order to improve the odds for a good fish there are 3 rings in the water. The smallest doesn't have the cheap fish in them, hence improving your odds for the best one. Pairing the ring where you fish with the best angling hook gives you the best chances, but also cost more to mill and trickier to aim.

FishNameNeeded for Reward
    [​IMG]
    Marlin​
    1​
    [​IMG]
    Octopus
    2​
    [​IMG]
    Blowfish​
    3​
    [​IMG]
    Parrotfish​
    4​
    [​IMG]
    Lobster​
    5​
    [​IMG]
    Macrel
    6​
    NOTE: Each fish has a different lootbox, so please check faq and see witch one you want!

In order to achieve the Cloud Row we must fish 50 times. We get one try for free.
    On the way to the CR we also gain the givers needed.

If you only use one type of Lure you need:

Lure
    Name​
    Need for 49 games
    [​IMG]Fishing Lure
    • 98 Fishhooks​
    • 147 Lure Feather​
    • 98 Metal Discs​
    [​IMG]Premium Lure
    • 343 Fishhooks​
    • 294 Lure Feathers​
    • 245 Metal Discs​
    [​IMG]
    Deluxe Lure​

• 588 Fishhooks​
    • 539 Lure Feathers​
    • 539 Metal Discs​

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Board Veteran

I'm all in for this one. Only thing concerning me is that it is similar to the Mac-o-Meter at Renzo's Fair which I have had to give up playing. This is because I play this game on a Notebook and it just isn't fast/sensitive enough to react when I do as it does when I used to play on a PC. The accuracy is atrocious. I will have a go and hope that it reacts quicker on this event than on the Mach-o-Meter...fingers crossed!

3. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

I don't think it matter that much, cos for me at least, there were some desirable boxes on the "cheaper fish". Also I'm unsure if I should go for the cheap lure or the deluxe one. What to do, what to do

Nala777, Sue46, fun2farm and 9 others like this.
  4. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Old Hand

Im looking at this as a double bonus as can concentrate on FSQs and with drops can do event...win win all round for me. whatever prizes I win will come in usefull in game sometime

Good luck everyone hope you dont get your fishing line tangled in the reeds

5. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks Moraine, I am all in on this event as I love the fishing part!xD I will wait till after 1st harvest to see what neighbor gifts to send out, and if you are one of my neighbors PLEASE feel free to request what gift you might need! Good luck and lets have some fishy fun!;)

Nala777, fun2farm, Cassie101 and 11 others like this.
  6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

This is a wonderful event...and this year the set-up makes it a real boon for newer players with the ability to get the older stalk rows and givers. The fishing event givers are pretty good givers and the cloud rows are must-haves in my book. New players should not under estimate the crate of fish - it not only rewards fish but lots of products such as hammocks, boxing gloves, etc. - things you pay dearly for at the market if you need them for a FSQ, etc.

So with that, y'all know I'm all in. The only thing to figure out is which lure to mill (I usually do a range, but concentrate on the expensive ones when I have enough drops to mill them). The other thing that will settle out after the first day is which drop (if any) is the 'rare' drop and that will be the one I will gift.

Have fun fishin' everyone!

7. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Overlooker

thank you for starting this thread moraine :inlove: im all in on this too :) I think I will put my glade in all trees I will use the other 2 main fields for crops and I will keep animal stables out on the 2 baha lands :);) good luck everybody :p:D I will adjust as I think necessary8):)

8)8) :inlove:FIIISH ON!!!!!! 8)8):inlove:

8. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Expert

If I go down the middle and do the premium, I did okay last year with that one, main thing is to get the games in and get the row.
    I'll set out some clover or something to start I think...maybe add some trees. Just like Fifi I have a bad track record of the mach o meter, it cheats me. Good luck everyone!!

9. habalala

habalala Count Count

Thanks again Moraine for starting the thread and for the spot on calculations. You are a true ambassador!

Even before the start this event seems to bring more excitement as every aspect of the Farmcup did so far. I'm ready for the World Virutal Fishing Contest in Farmerama.
    My strategy on this one is the simpliest I could think: first 50 * Fishing lure to secure the CR and givers. Catching 50 fishies should reward some prezzies along the way.

The random prizes seem to be pretty much equal for all fish so from there on I'll mill whatever lure my resources allow me to, aiming for more fish per lure. But all that depends on the drop rate per drop item and thus what I do have out on the fields. Not planning to make overhaul changes. I'll try to be efficient .. lol .. and now we don't have to wait for crops I will try to use up every drop item too.

A final note to all participants: the boats are surrounded by water, DO NOT JUMP if you want to stay dry.

Keep smiling!

10. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. No growin junks for more junk on any of the broke farms. All broke farms doing The farmer_broke Event are on holiday for about a week. Pollution droppings are everywhere and we'll wait until Beeps cleans um up. xD

Now to put out the tep givers on all the broke farms and make sure the mills are cranking.

The farmer_broke farm will open the poop shop and enjoy the time off.

Good luck to you all with whatever it is you're doing.

11. NeighborPuffin

NeighborPuffin Forum-Apprentice

I am skeptical about the game changes for this year. If anyone is testing all of the lures, please share your results. I previously just made deluxe lures, but this year 50 games played is the requirement to gain the new row - so is coin collection irrelevant? Choosing the normal lures maybe the best way to go, if the type of fish caught doesn't matter for obtaining the new givers and cloud row. (I have all of the old rows and givers.) I love that we get the drops from all five fields. My favorite part of the fishing games is not having to change anything on the farm and still being able to win the cloud row! Happy fishing to all!

12. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Duke

Bravo Moraine for getting things going.:D I actually forgot all about this event. I am very busy studying my investments so when I log into the game I get distracted and forget to farmxD
    I do love the fishing game. Will hopefully come up with an awesome strategy...or two...or three...or none and just fish fish and fish until my bait runs out;)
    Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts...I am reading them at work:p

13. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

I think I agree with you, the shop only contains old rows and givers. We might still end up with more coins than we want, so perhaps that's were the big difference between the boxes are ? I'm going to start off with the cheapest lure and then see how everybody feels about it. Just let my cows out on the pastures. They need to be ready for the breeding event. I have an inkling there will be a new stable and I want that.

It really is great with an event where we can farm normally and play. Great job on this BP, love it (that is before my bad luck sets in and mackerels keep biting the lures )

14. habalala

habalala Count Count

50 mackerels/6 per prize = 8(.33) prizes + all givers + CR for catching only mackerels 50 times in a row.

See? .. Even bad luck ain't that awefull all the time :)

May the odds (and smiles) with you.

15. alibabakırkharamiler

alibabakırkharamiler Forum-Greenhorn

hi everybody
    we are so sad because our turkish forum is closed so we are on this forum with you

16. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Hi Alibabakirkharamiler, that might be sad news but the silver lining is that you're here with us. Welcome :D

@habalala True, so true. Bad luck can be good at times.

17. alibabakırkharamiler

alibabakırkharamiler Forum-Greenhorn

thanks Moraine :) I believe I will make good friends here too :)

Last edited by moderator: Jul 11, 2018
  18. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

I like Moraine's strategy the best: Do the cheapest lures & see what happens.

I love this event & tend to do really good so maybe I can snag a few extra goodies since I'm just squeaking by with the Farm cup. 1 more red flag to mill, but I need another 400 event crops to grow it. I think I will have time. I haven't checked lately.

It will be a welcome relief to fish again. Yippee!!!

19. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Welcome to all our new turkish forum friends! Thank you Moraine for starting the fishing FUN! :)
    This sounds like the strategy I will aim for. Thanks habalala.
    Sorry f_b, you can still play on Crystal Falls.
    Good Luck everyone and have lots of Fine Fishy Fun!! :D

20. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Overlooker

did you notice last time we had this event you didn't need Lure feathers for the Deluxe lures :( this time you do and you had more of a selection in the shop this time you don't :( I don't like how they have the shop set up this time because you are being rewarded star coins but what good are they if you don't need anything in the shop??? :(

Nala777, swCactus1, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.