1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hungry Statues

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SuzeeRabbit, Mar 15, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

I'm going to try this one. We only have 5 days for 5 levels. Some of the grow time can be overnight if one times it right.

Looking at the worst case scenario aka lvl 5 in 45h...

We need 300 each of betel and ficus /4 per harvest= 75 trees.
    I bought 75 betel and 75 ficus. lol
    I you use SSG... 300 /6= 50 trees
    I already have the Plumeria but will need to buy more of the other trees.
    For anyone that thinks that a lot of wasted CCs on trees. They can be traded in for that train event or used to build a big stock of something to sell and replenish the CCs.

As for the Ceiba trees... 100 in 45 hrs...
    100 /(4 fruit *5 trees) = 5 harvests * 12h (XXLs) = 60 hrs mmmm...
    100 /(6 fruit * 5 trees)= 3.34 harvests * 12h (XXLs) = 48 hrs -35% (tree mulch)= 31.2 hrs

Of course the event can be sped up or adjusted by using SSG and tree mulch for each level.
    Don't forget to NOT start the timer until ready to harvest to maximize the time.

Looks like I need to clear all the trees from CF...

I hope I don't have to many middle of the night harvests in this event.

Let me know if my math is wrong...

tlcmom, marumo247, gardengal and 5 others like this.
  2. olofkalle

olofkalle Junior Expert

Is the product in FAQ called "ebony fruits" intended to be the same as "ebony wood", which I have in my barn or yet another tree needed??

tlcmom, Mooboy, Moraine and 2 others like this.
  3. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Yes, olofkalle. They are the same. Most tree products are called "fruit" in events. Sometimes even flowering trees. :)

4. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Overlooker

thank you suzeeRabbit I was just coming in here to ask if anybody had any strategy on this event I don't know how far ill get I don't have much SSG or mulch I am trying to sell stuff so I can buy the trees I need though :( id REALLY like to be able to do the whole event :)

tlcmom, Mooboy, Moraine and 1 other person like this.
  5. olofkalle

olofkalle Junior Expert

Nice math :), impressed and thankful, but have you observed that there are on lvl 5 340 Plumeria flowers needed ... does it not affect your assessment?

Mooboy and Moraine like this.
  6. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Thanks for the thread Suzie.
    I think I'm in too... think. Depends how quickly I can get the other one out of the way. These are my thoughts

Everything grown in advance before timer is set and harvest. Time is the time between first harvest, Time Starts, and last harvest.

Step 1 -1 harvest
    16 Ceiba => 4 normal trees
    112 ebony fruit => 28 normal trees
    112 Betel nuts => 28 normal tree

Step 2 15h - 2 harvest =13h
    32 Ceiba => mulch 4 normal trees
    160 Macadiema => Mulch 20 normal trees
    160 Ficus => mulch 20 normal trees

Step 3 15h - 2 Harvest =13h
    48 Ceiba => Suzie 4 normal trees
    160 Langsat =>Mulch 20 normal trees
    160 Betel nuts => Mulch 20 normal trees

Step 4 30h - 2 harvest normal / 3 harvest Ceiba XXL = 24h
    64 Ceiba => Suzie 4 XXL trees
    160 Java => Mulch 20 normal trees
    160 Ficus =>Mulch 20 normal trees

Step 5 45h - 2 harvests normal / 5 harvest Ceiba XXL = 40h
    100 Ceiba => Suzie 5XXL trees
    300 Betel => 38 trees
    300 Ficus => 38 trees
    340 Plummeria => 43 trees

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. MARLYMAR

thank you moraine :inlove:;)

8. dafodily

dafodily Forum Commissioner

OK, bit the bullet & bought 21 Langsat trees for 1.3 million CC's (had 2). :wuerg: IF timed correctly, using Pineapple Cake & SSG 23 trees would produce 161 tree fruits. Set trees to harvest 1st using PC, then cancel & put CAC into diamond slot to continue overnight/event crop harvest. If you have the Vial of Growth buff you can speed up the tropical trees 10% in addition to TM. :) This would allow you to only need 1 harvest per step (except Ceiba would need 2) for steps 1-4. And 2 harvests for the 5th step (3 Ceiba harvests) if you have enough SSG, PC etc. This is going to be a VERY, VERY difficult event. :eek:o_O:oops:

tlcmom, Mooboy, PeepsCA and 3 others like this.
  9. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

While I was clear cutting CF and buying trees for my other two farms I modified my plans...
    I have enough SSG and tree mulch hoarded to do this so it works better for RL.

I just planted the lvl 1 one, ebony and betel, trees, 112/6= 18.67( OR 19 of each tree). I also planted lvl 2, macadamia and ficus, 160/6= 26.67 (OR 27) of each tree. Then I added SSG to all those trees. They will all be ready to harvest first thing in the morning. I will start the timer, harvest lvl 1 trees first and finish lvl 1. Then I will start timer, harvest lvl 2 trees, finish lvl 2. Then I will chop out the ebony and macadamia and replace with lvl 3, 27 langstat and add some more betel. Then add SSG and tree mulch to them.

*sheesh*
    Another change in plans... just realized I don't have enough Ceiba to do it all that fast... LOL!
    But you get where I'm going with it... *sigh* lol
    Probably won't need all that tree mulch since I have to wait for the Ceiba.

My main farm had more than 100 Plumeria. The other two farms only had 44 each.
    340/6= 56.67 OR 57 /4 harvests in 45h = 14.167 OR 15 trees if using SSG. even fewer trees w/ mulch
    340/4= 85 /4 harvests in 45 hr = 21.25 OR 22 trees.

OMdoG, dafodily just posted while I was calculating and typing...
    I totally forgot about Pineapple Cake and alchemy.
    Recalculating...
    That requires a lot of juggling and I have multiple CAC in the queue already, probably won't cancel it. But VOG is a possibility. Thanks for the reminder.

tlcmom, Mooboy, baw815 and 3 others like this.
  10. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

True. I'm not going to do that tho. I already have cac running for days (I hope, must check), so no PC. Since Ceiba tree is the bottlekneck I didn't bothered to fuss with any other boost than mulch. Got plenty of that. Think I've got most trees in heaps, maybe even some XXL. The rest I'm off to the shop to buy now and plant for over night growth. Must remember to switch of auto harvest.

Must. Remember. To. Switch. Off. Auto. Harvest.

11. MARLYMAR

what are ALLLL the buffs we can use to help with more tree fruits and/or lessen the time of trees on Baha??

tlcmom, Mooboy and joanc123 like this.
  12. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

dafodily says use Pineapple Cake, PC, but it's a diamond slot. I have multiple CAC already in queue, not going to delete it.
    She also said Vial of Growth, VOG, lvl 5 alchemy. It's a gold slot, 10% time reduction, I might use it toward the end if I need it. Or during the day.
    Tree mulch reduces time by 35%, 20h tree is 13.0h.
    SSG, Suzie Super Grow, yields 6 instead of 4 for THESE trees. That's a 50% increase.

Those are some pretty good buffs. This event is looking easier than first glance. I had the GB to open the new trees and CC to buy them. Not many GB left tho.

Yep, the Ceiba is the bottleneck and I forgot it's going to mess up my aggressive schedule. It's all still doable for me tho. So it will be more a matter of letting the Ceiba recharge between levels, then start the timer . And nuking the trees. I think I need to make some more VOG...

I'd never heard of Ceiba before so I googled it. One variety is kapok, I've heard of that one.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  13. MARLYMAR

thank you suzee :)

tlcmom, Mooboy and joanc123 like this.
  14. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Board Analyst

Sure would have been nice of BP to have set up this event to use our mainland fields instead of having to use so much Baha real estate to grow tree fruit at the same time :sleepy: . I caved in and bought enough trees to do the steps in one harvest each (OUCH $$$:wuerg:), except for growing the Ceiba fruits of course. Less stress and FOCD anxiety for me that way lol.
    Thanks for the number crunching, strategies and tips everyone. My brain was starting ache :sleepy:

15. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

Peeps - I did the same. I have enough trees for one harvest to minimize harvest errors. It was a hit in the CC balance but will be worth not having to worry about whether I made a mistake in counting.

tlcmom, MARLYMAR, baw815 and 3 others like this.
  16. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

ARGGGG!!! Best laid plans... I only have 2 Ceiba and won't have the other 3 until tomorrow afternoon. I think... Only using two fields is slowing down my event crops a lot.

Moraine, I was comparing your strategy to mine... are you sure you're going to have enough time?

The event is 5 days = 120h, right? When I add the grow time between activating the timers I come up with 142h for your strategy.

tlcmom, joanc123 and Mooboy like this.
  17. habalala

habalala Count Count

IMHO the requirements in this quest and the efforts it'll take to meet those are far too high for the rewards.
    I have no need for more GB. I'll have to gift 171 GB to each of the 8 farmers who posted here and will still have a few to spare :)
    The other "ëxtra" prizes, 940k CC, 40 SG, 5 PS and 50 PF do not match time and investments either.

Good luck to all who do take this challenge! Hat off for those that succeed!

Brookeham, tlcmom, MARLYMAR and 4 others like this.
  18. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Dang- I didn't think of that at all. I could buy more of the other trees, but it is those Ceiba that will break this. I can't get those 5xxl trees fast enough I think. Everything hinges on that.

Also I noticed my plan required me to harvest at 3am the first night. Oh that so not happening. But the second step even with 5 trees +suzie needs 2 harvests (5 trees x 6 fruits =30, need 32...) Don't think I'll have XXL trees that fast.

So rigged for buying this one, but I'll take the challenge. I'll work with what I got without buying. Tomorrow I'll see how far I've come on the first one. Then I'll know if it's doable for me. I'll plant what's needed for step 1 &2, possible 3 as well.

Thank you all for your thoughts and insight. If it wasn't for you guys I would have eaten all golden bananas and suffered digestion problems. Need guidance.

Habalala, the prizes aren't worth it at all, it's the challenge and the prospect of beating the odds that drives me. I rarely look at the prizes.

tlcmom, MARLYMAR, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  19. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

I'm having trouble getting Lvl 4 of other event, 3 more Ceiba. I'm thinking of using some SG to grow the crops faster. Just so I can do Lvl 2 of this tomorrow. But I still need the XXLs for the rest of event... lol...

I'm thinking I might have to bite the bullet and delete my CAC tomorrow so I can use PC for Lvl 2 of this, +25% for trees. Once I have 5 Ceiba * 6 (SSG) = 30 +25% = 37.5 tree fruit. Or is the +25% on the base amount of 4, which would be 35? As best I can tell, at this point, the only way to finish this event is by using PC and not sleeping...

Any event that requires me to not sleep in order to finish is beyond HARD.

I'm with Moraine, it's not about the prizes, it's about the challenge of completing the event w/o spending real money.

Brookeham, tlcmom, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  20. habalala

habalala Count Count

Buffs always use the initial base amount/time of an item, no matter what else is applied prior to harvesting.

BTW. An other way to tackle the numbers is to get a + 100% or + 200% harvest bonus on the farm spins. Luck it is :)

Moraine, Brookeham, tlcmom and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.