1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mentor

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Oct 13, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Could someone point me to a thread re mentorship please?

I have recently become a mentor (after many, many months of waiting) only to be given Chickadees that no longer play Level 2-11.
    Despite sending then gifts and encouraging mails their thermometer just goes down and down and never see them online or their EP go up.
    Wondered how long before others delete and hope for one that logs on after we get them. :(

12ss12 likes this.
  2. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

Hi BoHoKaren, if your chickadees do not play, you can delete and apply for fresh one. If you click on the particular chickadee's icon, you will get an option to remove the chickadee. Click it and it will go off, then apply for fresh one.

Usually most chickadee stop playing and then you have to remove them and apply for fresh one. Try try try again.

sanddollar15 and BoHoKaren like this.
  3. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Thanks 12ss12 I have deleted several but still haven't had one that is still playing :( Do we ever get good ones???

sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  4. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

Yes, we do. Because I finished the level 5 in mentor. Someone advised me not to write to chickadee because it might frighten them off. So before I write I make sure, if its all right especially if they are from other forums. First try sending gifts alone. Some might then send thanks. Some of my chickadees wanted to know several things about the game. But that's rare.

So keep trying. Don't feel bad about deleting an inactive chickadee because several might not even return to the game.

BoHoKaren likes this.
  5. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Thanks 12ss12 I don't think any of mine have returned to game as their EP has never moved... Delete button will be at max now. :)

6. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Great Master

My very personal rules are:
    - I don't do anything at all until I've seen that they've logged on. Around 90% of the chicks I get are level 3 and have already logged off and abandoned the game before they get assigned to me. I give them around 24 - 48 hours to log on, and in my experience if they're level 3 and don't log in for 24 hours they will never log in, so I delete them.
    - If they do log in I send a short message welcoming them to the game and offering to answer questions, then I send them gifts but no more messages unless they message me. If the 'Love points' bar nearly fills up and they've stopped playing I send them a message telling them I'm deleting them and they'll get a new mentor, then delete them when the bar is full.
    - I would say less than 5% of the chicks actually stay in the game. Many of those don't need a mentor, a couple unfortunately are rude (demanding expensive bakery products, not saying please or sending even free gifts back) and some are great. The ones which actually want mentorship are very few and far between though.

I find a fast turnover of chicks is the only way to find good ones and avoid a nest full of inactive chicks with the thermometers slowly counting down. Never feel bad about removing them, if they come back they will simply get another mentor with no problems.

AniE and BoHoKaren like this.
  7. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Thanks Shimmer... I was getting very disillusioned with Mentorship as I haven't had a playing chick yet... I'll be more ruthless and delete in 48 hours in the hope of getting a playing "chick" :)

8. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

On behalf of those that assisted, you are welcome.
    Hope you will find an active chickadee soon :)

~NFQ~ closing thread

BoHoKaren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.