1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Mini Events: July 2019

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Jul 10, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the mini events going on in July 2019, in this Feedback thread.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future mini events.

If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Duke

I always love the train events, but this edition of the Farm Express has had one glaring issue. The exchange value of the two options is incredibly low.

Most of us are trying to exchange unwanted upgrades. These upgrades are mostly valued at 400 EV and upwards. Of course there are some that are below this, in the 200-300 range (give or take), but the vast majority of upgrades are quite high in value. Some are over 1000. When the two options cost 1000 and 1250 EV respectively, this means that we can often send off only 2 or 3 stables if we want to avoid sending off a massive excess that won't be compensated for. Of course I could fill all 6 slots, but that would likely get me to an EV of around 2500-3000, for which I could get 2 of the more expensive, or 3 of the less expensive, stables in return if I split this up into different trains. With the one hour wait time, however, this option is considerably more time consuming, and obviously means that I would only be able to send off half the number of trains that I could if everything was on the one train (if you're wondering about the maths, to send 6 stables, I could either send 6 in 1 train = 1 hour wait time to exchange 6 stables, or 3 in 2 trains = 2 hour wait time to exchange 6 stables). This is not a time-effective way of exchanging stables, and it means that in the time allotted to this event, I either have to waste a whole lot of stables for which I won't get compensation (again - 6 stables in 1 train = 1 return stable, or 3 stables in 2 trains = 2 return stables; you get more bang for your buck if you send off two trains), or waste a whole lot of time to get the adequate compensation, but not be able to send off as many unwanted stables.

I realise that for lower level players, these figures may be hard to achieve as they don't have a massive stockpile of high-EV upgrades. Surely the simple solution to this is to offer more options - a few low-EV mystery cargos, and a few high-EV mystery cargos, so everyone can participate. Or, alternatively, allow us to exchange for more than one cargo at a time - that is, if my train reaches an EV value high enough for one of each mystery cargo (one 1000-EV cargo, and one 1250-EV cargo), allow me to select both, or 2+ of one cargo (as many as can be purchased with the provided EV of unwanted stables).

3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

More expensive o_O no thanks :eek: I'm almost out of things to put on the train BTW :(

blessedlady2 and sanddollar15 like this.
  4. squigglegiggle

As I said, there can still be cheaper options available for those who don't have as much to put on. But a lot of us use these events as ways to clear our inventory of unwanted items (which there are a lot of), and it's hard to do that efficiently when the only options available to us are very cheap. It would be beneficial to additionally offer more expensive cargo options, so that those of us who have lots of high-value items to give away aren't wasting our item value.

007Farming likes this.
  5. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) What happens to those who do Not have lots of high value items to get rid of...but want the higher value cargos?? Who wants cheaper items when better ones are 'available'??

There is always G&T for unwanted items - especially high value ones...and lots of others who need or would like them.

Just a thought.:)

007Farming and Cassie101 like this.
  6. squigglegiggle

I agree - except, is that not the way it works in life? I'm sure many of us want expensive holidays and nice cars and big houses. You can't have something simply because you want it. You have to make a fair exchange. I'm sure people would love the more expensive, high value items. What happens to those who do not have lots of money, but want the holidays and cars and houses? Who wants a staycation or public transport or a one bedroom flat in the sticks when bigger, better things are available? We all have access to that which we can afford. We are not entitled to life's greatest luxuries simply because we want them, just like we would not be entitled to a high-value cargo simply because we want them. If you can afford them, fantastic. If not, you are free to access that which you can afford, and hopefully that will in time help you build to a point where you can access the better rewards.

G&T is a great source, but in my experience, it is difficult to get rid of items. I already give away as much as I can with the limited licenses I have. When it comes to trades, the issue with trying to sell high-value items is that the people who need and want them often do not have anything equivalent or close-to equivalent to offer in return - so the trade simply does not go through. The more you need it, the less you have to offer (not always, but often). A level 5 player will need a red upgrade much more than a level 100 player, but the level 5 player will have far less to offer in exchange. It is also extremely challenging to move hundreds of unwanted items with less than 10 licenses.

farmerumf and Brookeham like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I love the idea of sending off more than one cargo at a time :)

I would also like to see the donation windows expanded beyond 6 so that those who do have lesser valued items can still donate for the cargoes. It can be difficult to load just the exact value and sometimes we need some smaller valued items to round out those numbers.

8. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

I am having a terrible time with your mini event sales. As an example......Your sales on 7/18 for Super grow and 7/19 for power feed were both short lived. So much so that I was unable to purchase either. I live in the United States, as do many players here and I work 8 hours if not more and I sleep at night. I log in fresh a minimum of three to four times a day. I was not alerted to these sales and I was waiting for both. I am constantly refreshing my browser so the problem isn't with me, the problem is that your sale only touched a part of the world and it definitely wasn't when I was available. This is highly unfair protocol. I think everyone who plays this game should have the opportunity to play with the necessary tools. Please consider this as something to look at and please be mindful of all of us here.

007Farming, Cassie101, Sue46 and 3 others like this.
  9. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum General

Cloud row sales - I have been playing long enough that I have the givers for the most recent cloud row yet I can only buy the package not just the row. How about as a show of thanks for loyalty if this done in future the cloud row be purchaseable for cc’s?

10. squigglegiggle

Agreed. It should be a given that each event should run for at least 24 hours. There have been a few events - I think some Baby Booms and even MMs - that have run overnight for me here in Australia; as in, only overnight, not during the day. How they think it is ok to exclude entire time zones is beyond me. I realise the game originates in Germany, but they pride themselves (supposedly) on having an international reach. We are already privy to them starting major events at times that are German-centric (and quite rightly), but to be completely excluded for living elsewhere is disgraceful

11. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.