1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Gabfest' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

I am so sorry about Lotte, Karen. My heart goes out to you at this unexpected loss. We will remember her.

[​IMG]

tlcmom, farmlily3, BoHoKaren and 4 others like this.
  2. Princess.Cadence

Princess.Cadence Forum-Apprentice

Caren is Die ? I´m soory too :(:(:cry::cry:

farmlily3 and BoHoKaren like this.
  3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Not Karen fortunately, but one of her reindeers.

4. baw815

baw815 Forum Ambassador

:cry: :cry: :cry: o_O

farmlily3, joanc123, Willow and 2 others like this.
  5. Princess.Cadence

Ohh, that is sad event

farmlily3, joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  6. happycallie

happycallie Forum Mogul

Karen I am so sorry for your loss. I know you are such a caring person and have been anexcellent Mom to all of the herd.
    I know she is in Heaven and at peace.
    HUGS to a Great MOM
    happycallie

7. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Demigod

It is hard to pretend to move forward.
    I am struggling to make the steps into their paddocks now and I have to count, recount and count again before I can feed or watch them or anything else I need to do, in case another is gone. Hubby has been a star and accompanied me at most checks since losing Lotte. Losing one unexpectedly makes the job I do go from my greatest joy to my biggest dread, during the day and also my dreams.
    But I realise that I have to look to the positive, in order to continue.

So here are the boys and girls, awaiting the rut.. They are piling on the pounds. I do hope Santa doesn't have an excess baggage charge!
    "Onto happier topics.
    The boys and older girls are certainly ready for the rut by piling on the pounds.
    Gandalf is huge for a two year old (pic 3 pale one), goodness knows how big he'll be when he finishes growing."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tlcmom, Noelle20001, joanc123 and 7 others like this.
  8. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

I'm so so so very sorry for the loss of Lotte. My only positive thought is that she is now prancing around with dear Hector....and they are both smiling down on you.

tlcmom, joanc123, farmlily3 and 5 others like this.
  9. Princess.Cadence

Those reindeer are cute :inlove::inlove::inlove:

joanc123 and farmlily3 like this.
  10. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Demigod

Brooke at this time of year my lovely Hector would be pounding my backside as he would be approaching rut.
    I always had to separate him way before he stripped his velvet as he was way too "playful" to be safe but such a character that I will forever miss him and Lotte too as they were born from my girls - Katya and Twiglet. Pictured above

11. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 All knowing Oracle

That is a massive amount of antlers at the feeder, it is a good thing they don't all get tangled up! :inlove::inlove:Hector, he was a reindeer like no other and full of character! I miss them all, but Hector the most! Nice that hubby goes to check with you, it must make it a little easier (I hope)!

12. morgainez

morgainez Forum-Greenhorn

So sorry about Lotte, Karen. How sad.

13. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

14. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8):cry:Karen, I'm So sorry to hear about Lotte! My heart joins the others here who have also cared so much for you and your magnificent herd for so long. Also happy to hear how supportive your Husband is (kudos to him!) - not all can be so sympathetic and helpful in such a crisis.:inlove::(:inlove:
    It is surprising to have a beloved 'pet' (as they almost seem to be:)) go so fast, especially given the superior care that you give them.

Does England have any poisonous snakes, etc., that might have bitten her? It might explain the unusual suddenness of her passing. How is Pookie behaving.....?? Is she jumpy or 'on the alert' or being more cautious? Animals know so much that we don't - like Lexi, standing in the squeeze chute to say 'Here is where she puts us when we are sick or need her help to make us better'.
    This is not to worry you, Karen, but to help find the cause and fix it - as we know you want to do for your babies.

Loved your pics of the 'antler forest'!
    Thank you for your difficult, thoughtful and kind, efforts to keep us all moving forward, and for looking back with your heart to Hector. Most of us have grown with your herd, and loved the 'character' that Hector showed!!

Well said, sanddollar!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  15. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Demigod

Farmlily only two species of snakes here, both not a serious worry. Pookie is fine and getting even more brave as she will dash through their feet if she needs to get to her feed bowl while they are queuing for their breakfast.
    Still awaiting results as it is a bank holiday weekend in UK (and very hot) and as such I am expecting they can only test for grass tetancy, gassy bloat etc.. I will be calling tomorrow to see if there was anything obvious.

For now Katya kisses - Hector's mother. [​IMG]

16. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Old Hand

There are no words. :(

17. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Thank you so much for your thorough answer, Karen - it is a relief to hear that England is free of seriously bad snakes!!
    Loved hearing that Pookie is her brash, sweet little self, too!!:inlove:

Of course, it has to be a holiday weekend when the Dr. (Vet) is needed!:( Why does it so frequently seem to happen that way??!o_OI really hope he can shed some light on what happened to Lotte. That is a beautiful photo of her sweet, tiny little newborn(ish) self.
    Thank you for the photo of Katya kisses, too! Lol! It took me a minute to figure out what that picture was!:D (Say ahhhhhhh!) She looks so soft.:)

Concentrating on the good things....the Vet did say the rest of your herd was in "fabulous" health!! So good to hear, especially right before rut....and a true testament to your wonderful care of them!:)Those antlers look HUGE!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Princess.Cadence and joanc123 like this.
  18. Camoe64

Camoe64 Forum-Greenhorn

Sorry for your lost, Karen :(

joanc123 likes this.
  19. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Duke

Big kisses back to Katya, and all the others of course. Especially Fleur, Lexi and Belle, not forgetting Pookie!

20. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum Demigod

Results came back from Lotte... no abnormalities found. It was a Bank Holiday weekend and very high temps (she died early morning so heat not to blame). So thorough PM was not possible but main things for ruminants were checked - no bloat, no pulpy kidneys, not grass tenancy, appeared in excellent health! I will wait until my vet is back on duty but he is airing towards a heart attack last time we spoke.

Fecal worm counts came back for Belle (babies and a Control of Frodo) and all are ZERO TG so no resistance to Dectomax. I was worried about Belle as she came back with a huge count 16 days ago despite being wormed 5 weeks previously but when she was having loads of antibiotics... All good on that count, so just to get weight back on her. :) she continues to discharge but hungry!!! :)