1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not able to donate (or buy from Pirate Cove)

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Sabledemon1, Jul 22, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabledemon1

Sabledemon1 Forum-Apprentice

Hi,

I tried to buy supergrow from the pirate cove last night since it was only 17 bb and while the button was green, repeated clicking didn't result in a purchase (I had 41bb and clearing cache didn't work, even using another browser didn't). This isn't the first time this has happened but I think it's time to say something.

Today at around 12.30ish (I am in UK) I donated my last goods to Outfoxed, including one turkey for level three. Again the green button problem seems to have struck as, though I assumed it went through, I now find the last turkey didn't as I realise I have one too many in the barn (and I checked the quest panel). The donations that went through would confirm the time I made my last donations - ie definitely before the end of the quest. Obviously I can't retry now but what can be done (or will be)? As a web dev I know how hard it is to manage a large system but as a player, I just want it all to work.

Thanks.

2. Neon-Lights

Neon-Lights Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hi Sabledemon1

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems trying to donate, it is possible that this may be connected to the lag that is effecting donations.

I assume you are also trying to say this problem meant you didn't complete the event. This is the reason we advise players not to leave donations to the last minute and confirm that all parts of an event have successfully been completed. As the event has now finished I'm afraid nothing can be done.

Can I help further?

3. Sabledemon1

Well, that's just it. I was making my donation around half an hour before it ended. I have to admit that I am disappointed that even with half an hour to spare, you count that as an acceptable lag or as last minute. Could you define the real cut off time and whether it is just hard cheese if the button doesn't work?

4. Neon-Lights

Perhaps if you had posted whilst the event was still live something could have been done. It seems unlikely that the donation would not have been accepted for a whole 30 mins, but unfortunately once the event has finished nothing can be done.

5. Sabledemon1

Unfortunately I didn't realise until after and if the event had been live, I could just have tried donating again. It seems what you are saying is that unless the event is live and the buttons are working, tough luck because it's policy not ability preventing you from doing anything reptrospectively (as a dev I know that servers and databases can be queried whenever, buttons don't always work and as for lag, when information travels between servers it can get delayed and even lost or corrupted). Sometimes I have noticed that even when donating to normal quests I have to try more than once. I guess I just needed to confirm that complaints are a bit pointless.

It is still very annoying that I can't buy anything with bb in Pirate Cove and that nothing can/will be done about that either.

Thank you for confirming for me that has been a pointless exercise as nothing will be done. You may close the thread.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  6. Neon-Lights

We always advise to ensure all your donations have been sucessfully completed before assuming you've finished a quest. If it is still showing in your open quests, then you haven't completed it.

We are aware there are some issues with the artisan packs in pirate cove, but will pass on your info regarding other items to the game team

Sorry I couldn't give you better news

~~closing as requested~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.