1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pastry From the Void

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by SuzeeRabbit, Oct 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

Since no one else has done this...

Oct 4-10, 2018 -- 6 days or 144 hours
    Difficulty: Medium
    FAQ for this event
    SOS thread for help with drops

We have some interwoven events this month. Interesting... We can earn Cursed Coins in this event to use in the Queen's Treasure event.

To complete this event we have 6 Levels in the Main Rewards. Those levels consist of 24 games. To complete one game we need 5 tasks, (24 * 5 = 120 tasks for entire Main Rewards). We can choose from 12 Layers consisting of 5 Levels each, each level consisting of 3 tasks, ( 12 * 5 * 3 = 180 possible tasks). This means there is a little something for everyone.

As best I can figure...
    There are two tables with cakes stands. With the first one we work on we can choose from three: chocolate = silver rewards, vanilla = gold rewards or strawberry = diamond reward. Look carefully at the FAQ to decide which rewards you desire and complete those requirements. For instance Layer 1, Level 1 one can choose between silver=FC(crop donations) / vanilla=EPxLevel(tree donations) / strawberry=CCxLevel(critter&product donations). A choice of silver=chocolate means all rewards will be from silver=chocolate, and all donations will be from silver=chocolate. Which rewards one desires are personal choice. As far as Layer 1 is concerned... if one craves the Cursed Coin... then choose gold=vanilla, but by doing so one misses out on FC rewards. I've no clue how many time one can repeat Layer 1, probably three? But are the rewards better from the other Layers?

Layer 1 needs one vanilla sludge (470 barberries & 44 vials) and one strawberry goo (470 barberries & 38 flacons) in addition to basil, violets and cornflower. Make sure you have those available to you before you select silver=chocolate. IF you don't have a lot of critters & products then it's best to avoid strawberry=diamond donations.

I have things to do today... I'll look at the FAQ in more detail to decide which rewards I prefer. But I might try to do all of all 12 Layers or I might try to repeat the Layer-Level-Task combo that will get me the best prizes. If we can keep going past 24 games and RL allows, I will. For instance Layer 12... I do not have enough sheep's wool and Lynxes to do the strawberry=diamond tasks today. I can easily put them together in 6 days if I desire.

At this point most players should have a pretty good idea what they need to do to generate drops. If you have trouble there will be an SOS thread. Better yet... ASK FOR HELP on what you can do to increase your drops. There's no shame in asking for help.

Which prizes are you targeting/craving?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    SahraB, KaiCat33, gardengal and 7 others like this.
  2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

You can't repeat any. From each layer you have to choose exactly 2 out 3 flavors. After finishing the tasks for two flavors you move on to the next layer. It is also not possible to skip a layer.

Important for lower level players: If you choose a flavor with tasks you can't complete, you will be stuck and you won't be able to progress further in the event. So check carefully before you choose.

SahraB, KaiCat33, AniE and 7 others like this.
  3. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

I was referring to the possibility of completing more than 24 games.

I just added some info to the OP.

4. -Mir85-

That's not possible.

SahraB, KaiCat33, AniE and 5 others like this.
  5. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Duke

thanks for open the event strategy thread, Even though I’m considering don’t do it.
    One day past and no feed back from BP for the carnival event
    Thus make me quite upset!
    Maybe I should take a break.
    Have a Oct holiday, play farmerama in a relax way, get away from the endless events :music:

stacymaya, Sue46, KaiCat33 and 3 others like this.
  6. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

About the Carnival event, teddy.bear already said yesterday - More detailed information will follow on Thursday, the 4th of October.

We will just have to wait and see.

7. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you SuzeeRabbit for starting the strategies. :) Thank you -Mir85- for the Trap Tip. :p

We have 2 drops, one from crops, one from trees and stables. One of either is possible from each Breeding.
    I have had better luck with more drops from 20 hour trees rather than stables, with the exception of the Menagerie and Manufactory.
    Use your longest growing crop. Try to plant/place everything early enough to be ready for start of event (crops, trees or pens).

Good luck and have fun, however you farm! :music:
    SOS thread posted.

tlcmom, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 3 others like this.
  8. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

You're welcome, Joan! Thank you for starting the SOS thread. I've added it to the OP.

I didn't see anything in the FAQ either way... so how do you know?

KaiCat33 likes this.
  9. -Mir85-

It is the same event mechanic as the temple monkey day, if it worked radically different I assume it would be mentioned in the FAQ. Redoing a task is not the norm in events and should be mentioned in the FAQ if it is a possibility. (I don't consider playing mini games or getting gifts from bats or whatever as completing tasks, that's a different type of mechanic.)

SahraB, KaiCat33 and Flower like this.
  10. habalala

habalala Count Count

I made a listing of needed event crops and drops.
    It seems for the first 8 layers, needed to get the CR, it doesn't matter what combo (silver/gold, silver/diamond or gold/diamond) we choose.

growtimes barberry
    5:00 hr
    4:00 with water
    3:36 with water and manure

vials from crops only
    flacons from stables/workshops and trees only

every breeding provides a vial or a flacon

vanilla = 470 barberry + 44 vials
    strawberry = 470 barberry + 38 flacons
    chocolate = 940 barberry + 44 vials + 38 flacons
    layer 1 + 4
    silver - vanilla, strawberry
    gold - chocolate
    diamond - vanilla, strawberry

per layer:
    1880 barberry
    + 88 vials + 76 flacons (any combo)

layer 2 + 5
    gold - vanilla, strawberry
    diamond - chocolate

per layer:
    1880 barberry

layer 3 + 6
    silver - chocolate

per layer:
    1880 barberry

layer 7
    diamond - chocolate

1880 barberry

layer 8
    silver - chocolate

1880 barberry

layer 9
    silver - none
    gold - strawberry
    diamond - vanilla

470 barberry
    + 44 vials (silver AND gold)
    + 38 flacons (silver AND diamond)

OR

940 barberry
    + 44 vials + 38 flacons (gold AND diamond)

layer 10
    silver - strawberry
    gold - vanilla
    diamond - none

470 barberry
    + 44 vials (silver AND diamond)
    + 38 flacons (gold AND diamond)

OR

940 barberry
    + 44 vials + 38 flacons (silver AND gold)

layer 11
    silver - vanilla
    gold - strawberry
    diamond - none

470 barberry
    + 44 vials (silver AND diamond)
    + 38 flacons (gold AND diamond)

OR

940 barberry
    + 44 vials + 38 flacons (silver AND gold)

layer 12
    silver - chocolate
    gold - chocolate
    diamond - chocolate

1880 barberry

For CR and Givers (8 layers, 16 tasks, for any combos you choose):
    15.040 barberry, 704 vials, 608 flacons
    (per day: 2507 barberry, 118 vials, 102 flacons)
    For full completion (12 layers, 24 tasks, depending on your choice in layer 9, 10 and 11):
    minimum: 17.390 barberry, 836 vials, 760 flacons
    (per day: 2900 barberry, 140 vials, 127 flacons)
    maximum: 18.800 barberry 836 vials, 874 flacons
    (per day: 3134 barberry, 140 vials, 146 flacons)

*edits*
    made a correction as chocolate needs both vials and flacons!
    added trees for providing flacons!
    added CR and giver requirements!
    double checked all. Ready to go.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Aluntino, SahraB, AniE and 13 others like this.
  11. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Ok, you made me look (scared my little self)... xD The flacon comes from trees, too. ;)
    Thank you habalala, I am always happy to know what my goals are. :D
    Pretty sure I have become an Event Junkie!??!! :oops: xDxD

SahraB, tlcmom, KaiCat33 and 5 others like this.
  12. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

You've been busy habalalalalalalala...
    I'll take your word for it on the numbers...
    I'm not one of those ppl that worries about too many event crops, just too few. Without taking note of where the different drops are generated, I've run into problems in the past.

I knew trees were in there somewhere...

My strategy so far is to maintain one field with pens and trees until I see that I need different.

I see what you're saying. I liked that event. I completed. I'm thinking a lot a players might not consider it Medium difficulty tho. If I remember correctly a lot of players complained about it being hard. I don't usually have time to read the Feedback thread just the Strategy. Yes, it would be very nice if they would do a better job of mentioning whether or not we can continue with addition tasks, minigames, etc, in the FAQ.

I'm not a game-ologist. I'm not current on the latest terminology, too busy with RL and learning City Hall's protocols and terminologies. *sigh* (I recently read "Ready Player One" and enjoyed it immensely. During those years I was busy working two jobs OR working fulltime and going to college fulltime. Never money to waste on video games. I did have one coworker that spent about $10 a day on Vortex, maybe $100 today accounting for inflation.) IF your reference to "task" is from my OP... When I write in the Strategy area of the forum I try to take nomenclature from the FAQ, in order to avoid confusion. The headers in the chart for each Layer are... "Level", "Task", "Required Product", etc. That is what I was referring to.

13. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Do I see 40 Reindeer "Stables" on level 10? Eek - I hope they mean reindeer not their stables!

KaiCat33, habalala, Erridge and 2 others like this.
  14. sebe96

sebe96 Advanced

Does it say anywhere and Im just missing it, how many cursed coins we get for each item we complete? I know it says turn them in and get cursed coins, but I dont see how many? I only see a few coins for completing a few steps.

tlcmom, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 3 others like this.
  15. -Mir85-

I see a total of 6 cursed coins among the rewards. As I understand the FAQ, that's it.

SahraB, KaiCat33, MARLYMAR and 3 others like this.
  16. habalala

habalala Count Count

Cursed coins are used in a seperate but yet connected event. In this void one a few cursed coins are handed out.

17. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

I saw the same as you. [​IMG][​IMG]

And I am mot at all taking any steps to understand the event mechanism of the 2 events. May be tomorrow when I am in a clear mind, I will try.
    Now put my workshops of longest duration with buffs for drops.

18. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

To be honest I am totally befuggled with theses events, I have done a quick scan through but they don't make sense...I haven't a clue how to proceed, so I may just bury my head and get on with my R/L reindeer, as for me it's a busy/stressful time of year. I may do the events but will be looking here for strategy as I haven't time to sort it myself. :)

19. Mooboy

Mooboy Forum General

Please read the last part of The Bone Queens Faq, as there will be a total of 10 Main Events and Mini Events this month to aqquire Cursed Coins, As we are going to need ar least 120 of them to complete that Event.

We will also be needing tbe collect Witch Factory upgrades during October too o_O:p:wuerg: It not going to be a smooth ride for October Gulp But at least we can try our best :p

tlcmom, 12ss12, KaiCat33 and 5 others like this.
  20. habalala

habalala Count Count

After a review I think to get all flacons needed will be the hardest part. Growing the crops the easiest:
    2508 barberry per day = 627 1x1 plots needed with CAC applied.
    That's equal to doing only 3 harvests per day on a single full field (main OR meadow) plus 7 1x1 plots on any other field. This leaves quite some room to spare for long(er) timed stalls and workshops or trees -but drops from trees aren't my thing- to gain the desired flacons.
    In case the event crop doesn't provide all vials needed it's always possible to reduce the number of stalls and workshops and do an overnight long timed crop.

Wishing all of us the very best smiles!

tlcmom, AniE, 12ss12 and 6 others like this.