1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Puzzled Ants

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Jan 8, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "Puzzled Ants" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. phoenixboy12

phoenixboy12 Forum Commissioner

Here we go Im 1st out some may agree some wont but.......

Is this a joke the amount of trees required for such pathetic rewards. Youve excelled yourselves on this one BP.

Also 2 drop items which are giftable so yet again we have to choose what to give to our neighbours

You still have time to start listening to you paying customers to review this event as possible not many people partaking in it

As we say on profile page on twitter 'all views my own' and thats my personal view on this event

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  3. shetaz71

shetaz71 Active Author

I agree... this is insane! when harvesting u only get 4 fruit from the tree and only have room to put so many trees on the island (and the mainland for that matter). And u need coconuts and bananas to make feed for the pens. I wont be playing this one either.

4. ChiefScapeGoat

ChiefScapeGoat Forum-Greenhorn

I'm a little concerned about the lack of branch drops I'm getting. I've got 58 trees spread out on three Bahamarama fields and after two harvests have only received 37 branch drops. With only 109 hours to go, I don't see how its possible to achieve the extra 743 branch drops I need to complete the puzzled ants quest.

5. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Master

When I began the side bar to donate trees...I stopped on a dime. too much. I won't finish this. This is the second event on this field I've attempted and failed at. A player needs to be sitting at home to keep the crops replanted and if someone works it's a hit and miss.
    If the format for this field and this type event at a snails pace keeps up, I'll just ignore it next time.

6. nortonc

nortonc Active Author

Drop of branches is too low which makes the quest sort of useless and uninteresting for me.

7. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Expert

I don't generally love these side quests. They are designated "support quests" and I suppose this fits the bill in that there is some reward of the event crop, but they also ask for the event crop, which to a certain extent, defeats the purpose. The amounts of tree fruit required is a little absurd. The only players who have enough to donate without stalling other progress in the game, are the ones who don't need the extra boost. Therefore it is sort of self-defeating. Leading me to ask again, does anyone who works on this game, actually PLAY the game, and understand what it is like to play this game without unlimited amounts of pretty much everything?

A good concept, but please look at the realities and allow support quests to actually support, and if they're meant to be "additional challenges" I'm all for that - but designate them as such.

8. clonahmon

clonahmon Board Veteran

Ok, here is my view on this one:
    Support means, the quest is helping you with the stuff you need for the "main" event. In this case, the quest is requesting an overall of 200 silky moss and giving as rewards a total of.... "drumroll" .... 290 silky moss..... WOW.. that's not even the amount we can get with one harvest as excess. Especially as we have to give in step2 silver 100 moss and getting only 40 back. What it that for a support of the main event? Somebody in the team should do the maths first please.
    - The timing of the silky moss is too short for people who are working. Overnight idle time can not be made up, as no plus-buffs are working on this field.
    - The amount of treefruit needed is borderline to ridicoulous.
    - The request of tree fruit, which are very "late" in the monkey temple (4 trees to be unlocked in chamber 10) prohibits newer players to participate properly in
    this event. No hope for them to finish the quest and getting the second anthill giver and the tree booster
    - The drop rate is almost non existent.

Do you need more negatives? I think, it is time, that BP is rethinking its game strategy.. A look into the strategy threads, the feed back threads and the player suggestion threads give far more than an indication, what the players want.

So all in all.. thumbs down for this one.

This is all my personal view. But I think, I am not the only one here with this point of view.

AniE, phoenixboy12, Erridge and 3 others like this.
  9. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

I agree with every thing that is said in this feed backo_O
    So now I am not growing the event crop any more and going back to NORMAL farming which this is lacking in this game ... Am a little fed up with Back to back events ...A rest from them would be good

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Mar_Bear

Mar_Bear Regular

this is a terrible support event...... we have less than 3 days left and i still need over 540 branches to finish. I just finished the 3rd level and got the giver item. I have over 125 trees out and get pittiful results from the harvest. I think the max i got was 14 branches. The drop rate is terrible and i doubt i will be able to finish the quest. If some how i do at the last minute what good will it do to get the giver item that is suppose to help with the event?? someone didnt think this through. The amount of fruit and event crops needed are too high as well. It really seems as if this was suppose to be a regular FS quest instead of a support quest especially if you finish the main event BEFORE you finish the support event quest!! (and i am pretty sure i will)

PS I am level 385 on baha and 122 main and have all the village shops open but not maxed up.

11. winternashfarm

winternashfarm Forum-Greenhorn

• There will be a special event drop:
    Branch
    [​IMG]

You will get these drops when harvesting your trees on the 3 tropical lands only!

I did not find the above statement to be true...I started out the day (today) on Puzzled Ant (Task 4 - Level 1) I had the 100 Silky Moss completed the night before and had 57 or 58 out of 100 Branches required...after waiting for EVERY SINGLE TREE up to XXL TREES to Harvest on 3 Baha Fields...which took 10 to 24 hrs to reach harvest stage...now...20 hours later I have 70 out of 100 branches "still on (Task 4 - Level 1) and 7 of those branches came from neighbors....Many times throughout the day when I "harvested quite a few XXL trees - I repeatedly received ZERO branches...with 27.5 hrs left in the Quest...it feel like I was set up for failure...Although, there is an option to complete this task for 233 BB ...Really? 233 BB to finish obtaining 30 branches? I would still need 490 branch drops (Task 4 Level 2 = 70 ~ Task 5 = 180 ~ Task 6 = 240) ...I did however finish 2 out 3 legs of the Ant Trails...Did not have the Langsat Tree or the one before that in the Pyramid...I was home all day long to work this game today and it was a big let down to get nowhere all day.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Nellie_Noodles and phoenixboy12 like this.
  12. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.