1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Sheldon's Big Plans

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Farmers.Almanac, Feb 12, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "Sheldon's Big Plans" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

1st Feed back
    Again huge no of crop & drops required to mill product to play the mini games.
    Game designer set up 100 game lv is nothing wrong. But look at the qty of crops
    and drops need per mini game ....-.-
    Also, the game point could be won per game is too low. max is 20 points, the total
    game point for 100 level is 1600. This figure mean players need to play:
    80 mini games even they could get the highest point per game !:mad::mad:
    For those try to finished whole event is a burden as they need to grow over 40K of
    crop and get over 4K of drops. This is a 7 day event. that mean player need to grow
    over 6K of 6 hr crop per day. If added the milling time & play mini game time.
    also may not get 20 point/game. that mean you need to grow more than that!
    So, players want to finsihed the event. Either be money palyer & pay to get extra help,
    Or. always hang on game to keep grow & harvest the crop. That is ridiculous.
    Many palyers already complain that farmerama is becoming a 24 hr job..

This only push palyer not to enjoy event anymore.
    The best they could do is try to get the CR and some more stuff.
    That's all. If you do not pay $$, you never able to finished a event fully!

May I ask is this is the new business way BP trend to be??

3. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Expert

First let me way, the crop is really festive and bright! and I enjoy the new format of mini game, and the fact that it is neither too easy nor too hard. And the drops seem to be forthcoming, as they have been for the last several events.

BUT. WAY too many crops, WAY too many games required. You again seem to forget that not everyone can spend hours per day at the computer. These events are getting increasingly more demanding, in terms of physical resources - the amount of time we have to sit here playing. Most of us started playing Farmerama as a pleasant something to do - not because we are bored and need a time commitment!

PLEASE listen to your players, decrease the amounts of things that are required, and return the fun to the game. I can virtually promise you that your revenues will go UP if you do.

RowSie, tlcsquared, elimeno and 16 others like this.
  4. geckofeet666

geckofeet666 Junior Expert

Reading the number of plants needed for this event, I can get to just one conclusion: this is not a job friendly game anymore.
    Even if I spend now much less than I use to do, I still feel that is too much, as I get in return just frustration, no trace of joy or relaxation.:oops::(

elimeno, Peanut1492, AniE and 5 others like this.
  5. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum General

I know the event has barely started, but I see a trend in recent events that rather depresses me. Three out of the last 4 events have been the same basic mechanic. That is, we have to play a certain number of mini games in order to receive the CR and givers for the event, while at the same time we win various other prizes for total points gained. I don't mind the mechanics, as long as it doesn't become a rut, but the extra prizes seem to have diminished greatly in desirability. We used to get more crafting buffs, and my personal favorite mystery stables/trees were fairly new editions. Now it seems like most of the mystery prizes are from mostly old editions, and I can't remember CAC or PPP being a prize for a while now (tho to be fair, my memory's notoriously bad :p). Most of what we're getting for prizes now seems to be mainly EP/TEP, which is great, but variety is the spice of life, after all.

My biggest disappointment, tho, is that the really good prizes, the ones we are sure to most want, like the newest trees/stables and BBs, are virtually impossible to attain if we don't spend real cash on the event, be it buying baskets or using (and buying more) huge amounts of SG to meet the ginormous crop requirements. Once upon a time, a farmer had a realistic chance of winning both the cloud row and givers, AND completing all the levels to win the best prizes, without spending money to do so. Now it's all I can do to get the CR, and I'm level 144. I know farmers higher level than me are struggling with this as well. We've devoted literally years of our lives to this game, and lately it feels like we're getting sand kicked in our eyes for our loyalty. I worried when it was announced BP was launching a new farm game, that it would cause this little realm to be viewed as obsolete and the players to be disregarded, as a new game is likely to bring higher revenue. With each event that comes with increasingly impossible to meet requirements, I fear more and more this is coming to pass. I understand BP's a business, and as such needs to make a profit. But please don't turn your back on your players. I still find pleasure in spending time on my farm, and hate to see the hopelessness at each event start that has more and more replaced the excitement we used to feel.

6. Brookeham

Brookeham Commander of the Forum

:oops:

Very well said.....and I completely agree spots!

7. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Connoisseur

I completely agree with you, @-matselleste- .

8. nlm24

nlm24 Regular

Nice prizes if you can get to them.

Downers: Mainland and Tropical Events running at the same time with different crop harvest times. Most can't sit glued to computer 24/7 so one or both of these events may have missed harvest times or delayed harvest times because of the difference in the two event harvesting times. It is frustrating when after putting in numerous hours you fail to finish because you didn't harvest on time and replant. Hope this doesn't happen here.

CR received. 18 hours left and just reached halfway point on right side (800 pts.).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019 at 6:43 PM
    phoenixboy12, elimeno, SahraB and 2 others like this.
  9. crownglory

crownglory Someday Author

Rainforest is now avail. to plant event crops, Compensation of 3 games is low compared to what could have been harvested in 2 days and If I want to use the Rainforest, I have to wait to plant and clear the field. BP made a big mistake with this event, They must have realized that there was a problem with players ability to grow enough crop to finish the event.

10. josstreater

josstreater Advanced

i have tried the four free planters and am totally rubbish at this game. it takes me about four minutes to get the pieces right and its very frustrating. Not my thing, I’m out,

phoenixboy12, elimeno and Peanut1492 like this.
  11. Laurelei

Laurelei Padavan

I am not a fan of the game play here. It's a little like putting a puzzle together upside down; there is no picture but you have to make the pieces fit and for those of us who are spatially challenged, it's mostly frustrating. Also like everyone here has already said, the crop requirements are ridiculous and the crop growing time too long for the amount required, and the extra field and inadequate consolation prize don't really make up for the bad start. It never ceases to amaze me that when BP screws up, they are so stingy in giving out consolation prizes that literally cost them nothing but a bit of code.

That said the crop is very pretty. As usual, I wish we didn't have so many blasted things going on at once--between MM, breeding event and this event, it's all more busy and hectic than fun.

12. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Board Veteran

The crop and drop requirements are very silly.

baw815, phoenixboy12, elimeno and 2 others like this.
  13. illy1996

illy1996 Commander of the Forum

Not enough hours in the day to grow enough crops (might have been better if short growth time) and not nearly enough drops to make the game flow. Too much already! How many times do we need to say if you make the requirements too high for even the most experienced farmers, maybe next time we will not participate in events that there is no hope in finishing (unless large amounts of cash are laid out). Result for BP, even those who might buy baskets won't. -.-

For new farmers, exactly the same only sooner. I had some Chickadees that seemed really keen who tailed off in levels late 20's to late 30's. I wonder why? :(
    Mini game gets a little boring. Would have been better to have some sort of design on it to help find the right pieces. :)
    Flowers are pretty. :music:

14. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum General

I think it’s all been said - too many requirements for just the cloud row alone, a game that fails to account for those with spatial awareness issues and a prize of BB and ahuehuete that whilst should inspire play is so unobtainable it’s disheartening. Add to that the declining drop rate and a place to grow that gives no drops (seriously the oerson who decided that is clearly daft) and what you end up with is a disaster designed to turn players away. And for the love of farming please give us a break and let us farm!

15. elimeno

elimeno Count Count

WHY!!!!! Do you intentionally want to lose your players...everything has been said. I agree with my fellow game players.

Personally; not a big fan of those kind of puzzles. They are difficult and it makes reaching the prizes impossible. Not to mention they are very frustrating. If I wanted to get frustrated I could go to work or even speak to my children...this is my refuge.

16. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Pro

So many crops and so many drops required. I am not going to sit at my computer 24 hours a day to complete these events.

I have been spending about $20 dollars a month on this game since 2010 and am getting frustrated at the events lately because of the requirements. It seems like this is becoming a game requiring lots of money to do the events which is my primary goal in game and the leveling is not my goal which seem to be the main rewards unless you "pay to win" on top of paying for premium and harvester.

I used to enjoy the game, but am loosing desire to even play with these events. I am hating all the mini games within the game.

As for this event, I like the mini game. It is much easier for me to play than the awful memory type games or the games with no real way to win except luck (the stupid viking thing, the find the hidden object, the cake decorating, the dice game etc). I just hate the time involved to even get to the level of prizes that mean anything. Yes, I am leveling, but that isn't what I want as I want the trees and stables and such.

Really thinking about just giving this "game" up as it seems to be just a way to grab money from customers and isn't fun any more.

17. Floridasolve

Floridasolve Someday Author

I like the puzzle game & I like the hidden object games but the drops for the puzzle game are pitiful. Why are they not allowing drops in the rainforest? And why are the drops so low when the game requires a huge amount. It seems like they don't want us to succeed unless we pay real money which I'm not going to do every time an event pops up - considering how often there are events anymore. Back to back & a lot of 2 or 3 at the same time. It is becoming labor intensive to keep up & actually have a regular job. I might go back to my crossword games if this doesn't improve. It's very disappointing to not even have a chance to finish the events. And to put that tree we need at #99 - really - couldn't have put it a little further up so we at least had a sporting chance at getting it. I haven't even gotten the cloud row yet and I'm level 206.

18. 1sabella1

1sabella1 Forum-Greenhorn

I was really excited about this event when I first saw it. I love the mini game and the rewards are sweet BUT then I quickly came to the sad realisation that the amount of drops received compared to the number required to make the planter boxes means I won't even get near to two thirds of the way through the rewards. I've tried replacing the event crops with other items to try to increase the drops to no avail, so I'm now resigned to not completing yet another event :cry:

19. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Forum General

Pretty flowers and I like the mini game, so consistently get 20 and have already got cloud row BUT for goodness sake the requirements for the higher prizes (which is what I was after) are impossible, even though I work for myself so can mainly harvest when required and on occasions have harvested in the middle of my sleep pattern BUT still impossible to get the rewards I really wanted..
    Goodness knows how you think you can keep your players in employment happy?? And they are the ones with some disposable income!!

Think again BP about your event structure.
    Big thumbs down for unobtainable events, which even long term player cannot obtain playing round the clock!

sunshineaz, elimeno, baw815 and 2 others like this.
  20. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Forum-Apprentice

I really like the mini game, it's fun and challenging:D I have to agree with the others who posted here though, the crops and drops requirements are too high to be able to play much of the mini game ...-.-