1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Snake Eyes IV

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by Farmers.Almanac, Feb 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "Snake Eyes IV" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. crownglory

crownglory Someday Author

This SE-IV is requiring a lot more to get the cloud row than the past Snake Eyes. 1st required - 40 games (each 290 crop, 20 drops each game) II: 46 games (290 crop, 16 drop each) III required 55 games (290 crop, 16 drops each game).

Now they want 65 games (330 crops, 11 drops each game or you can pay real money to reduce this number) to get the cloud row.

I started playing, now I am thinking of stopping this event.

3. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum General

Firstly I love this event and I love the crop graphics and the prizes are good too. However, the quantity required is ridiculous and I really don’t appreciate the appearance of a basket that it appears those with limited play time would be forced to buy to be within a shot of getting the cloud row. Furthermore the points gaps between prizes is too high so it appears you are playing for nothing. I’m not averse to paying into the game but this smacks of greed that I for one won’t fund. Although I wonder if you even take account of our feedback anymore ....:sleepy:

4. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Commissioner

I may be the only one but I find the game itself really confusing. To me, the graphics on the right hand side don't really fully explain what you need to roll to get each combination. There seems to be some prior knowledge/understanding of similar IRL gambling games to make sense of it. I'm playing blindly and getting whatever points I can, not knowing how or why I got them, nor how to increase them. Given the amount of work required just for a single game, to not do my best in each game seems like a waste of the time and resources I put into growing the crops. Then again, maybe with more practice I would improve...but that practice is very difficult to obtain with such high crop requirements.

swCactus1 and 007Farming like this.
  5. Cassie101

Cassie101 Board Veteran

I love the dice event, managed to get the cloud row :) Hoping to get the factory upgrade.:)
    Too many crops needed though :(

6. illy1996

illy1996 Commander of the Forum

I like this event but I, like others, think that the crop requirements for each cup are too high. :(
    The prizes are really good but the top prizes for most of us are way out of reach - and those dice are pretty stingy most of the time. :p
    Overall, though, it is worth the effort to gain the maximum prizes possible. :)

7. farmgirl

farmgirl Forum-Greenhorn

I love the game, I have been playing the game for years but dont have the money to put into it. i dont come on the form because dont like to wine about stuff but people who cant buy stuff for the game just dont get anywhere. I would love to win the cloud line and fine out other people have too but its too far a way for people to get when they dont have the real money to pay for it and that stinks

8. geckofeet666

geckofeet666 Junior Expert

I would have liked to be able to play more dice games, not for the prizes, just to have fun and enjoy the game;but I can't, with so many plants needed....:oops:

9. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Commissioner

That isn't true, this is still fundamentally a free game. At no point are you required to pay money in order to participate. It is simply about finding strategies that work for you, and being willing to wait longer for things. Money helps you progress faster, but playing the game for free doesn't prevent progression. If you have the right strategy, you can still progress quickly.

007Farming likes this.
  10. Laurelei

Laurelei Padavan

I think that the crop requirements are getting too high. Honestly, I never finished all the points side of the game even when they were lower, because I don't generally spend real money on this event, but I will be even lower in points this time.

I would like to see another slot for "two pairs", maybe make that 60 points, Three of a kind 80, Short Straight 100. I think of the combinations as kind of like poker hands so it makes sense to have two pairs as a scoring option higher than one pair.

11. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies All knowing Oracle

This mechanism has the potential to be a lot of fun, but sadly when crop requirements are too high and dice rolls so random, it is difficult to gauge just how much is needed to do to reach certain goals/targets on the prize list.

I have been sick this entire event and so had the ability to harvest on time every day, 5 times a day. After the first day, I saw the event drops very generously dropping that I was able to grow the event crop all day and overnight.

The rare stables and workshops with upgrades are just not reachable through normal farming. They required either a large amount of super grow, the purchase of baskets or the luck of the farmwheel. I didn't buy the basket, I did have 1 farmwheel bonus early on, and I did use a fair amount of super grow and still was not able to reach the red upgrades.

I will readily accept a challenge but it seems every event is becoming like this and instead of feeling excited about the lovely prizes at the end, I am feeling stressed, overwhelmed and discouraged of being able to reach them.

This puppy is tired and even though the event starting tomorrow has some very attractive prizes, I am considering sitting out.

12. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Inhabitant

The events all seem to be getting out of reach unless one buys their way or has luck with the RNG.

This event is the same. I farmed the event crop day and night with 5-6 harvests a day. The drops were good and I played 147 games. Unfortunately, even with the time invested, I was only able to manage level 67 on the prize side. I am not a fan of the randomness in many of the side games such as this one. I much prefer being able to know that with perseverance I will be able to finish an event. I don't enjoy that my success depends on luck.

This game started where the money need to spend was more for convenience which was an enhancement to the game. Now, you need to buy your way to succeed. I have played for 9 years and spent money for harvester, mill, and premium benefits along with buying BB's so that I can get the nicer stables and trees. I am really getting turned off by all the gambling aspects where you spend your money and "hope" to win.

13. Naabrimeez

Naabrimeez Forum-Greenhorn

This event is only for those who pay for it!
    It is necessary to play 65 games. There must be 330 Gamer's Glory for one game. If you have a max of three playgrounds with a total of 125 fields (2x2) you will get 125 x 4 = 500 (5-1) Gamerś Glori. You can grow 6 times a day. 24: 4h = 6 (If you do not sleep). That makes a total of 3000 Gamer's Glory?
    65 games x 330 Gamerś Glory = 21450 Gamerś Glory total! It takes more than 7 days and plus this time, which adds 10 seeds to grow 125 seeds!

swCactus1, 007Farming and Cassie101 like this.
  14. sebe96

sebe96 Padavan

I totally agree with this and have often wondered why we dont get anything more for having two pair.

swCactus1, 007Farming and Cassie101 like this.
  15. Cassie101

Cassie101 Board Veteran

I got a lot of good prizes but still nowhere near finishing.:) A good game spoilt by high crop numbers.:(

I bought a basket, used a few of my buffs, even got some help on the spins,100% harvest bonus etc.
    No strategy works against bad luck, if the numbers don't come out so you keep getting 40 or 60 points, :wuerg:
    I won't be doing the next event.

16. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Baron

Well I decided to experiment with this event. I committed myself to complete all 100 steps for all the prizes regardless of cost. And I did. I had to purchase A LOT of baskets and buff packages to do so.:cry::cry::cry: I should have been committed to an insane asylum instead-.-
    I will not do that again. The amount of real money I spent far exceeds the value of the prizes offered. :wuerg:Requirements were right down ridiculous:sleepy:
    Again, I say, I will not do that again.-.-
    This event has confirmed that BP is top notch at greediness o_Oand bottom of the barrel at providing real value to paying customers:wuerg:. I will go back to playing as I did before...with a richer walletxD

Of course I enjoyed the event graphics and all that. Otherwise why else would I be here? I took a break from the game for a few months...gave away all of my prized Farm possessions....might be time to do it again. Will see how the next few events go.

swCactus1, joanc123 and geckofeet666 like this.
  17. howk01

howk01 Active Author

I used to like this event until now. The requirements to play the game were ridiculous! I did complete the left side so got the cloud row but the right side was impossible unless you spent money. Even with a 200% & 100% plus for crops I came no where close to finishing that side. I also found it frustrating to have 2 pairs & have it count as a consolation prize. I ended up getting that a lot.
    Farmerama use to be fun & I could not wait for the next event to start. Now that I am unable to complete a lot of them without using real money I find it discouraging.

18. jnnythct

jnnythct Someday Author

I've never been a fan of this event and it hasn't improved in this fourth reincarnation as, yet again, I found it to be a real grind. The main issues for me:
    • the event is uninteresting and offers no challenge, no strategy to be formed nor requires any skill
    • single event crop growing/milling/giving is snoringly boring and is unworthy of the game
    • crop requirements for this game were yet again set way too high to get the best rewards

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 8:57 PM
    swCactus1 likes this.
  19. nm56

nm56 Forum Great Master

I would like to see the game give points for unused rolls of the dice. If I receive a Full House on the first roll and decide to keep it I think that my remaining 2 rolls should also give me points. 25 points for each unused roll of the dice but you do have to roll the first time. I also agree that there should be points given for 2 pairs.

The last item should be corrected to 5 of a kind -- it is not a flush. If you were giving 300 points for a flush then every roll would get 300 points because a Flush is all of the same suit (hearts, spades, clubs or diamonds). This game has no suits so it would have to be the same color and they are all the same color.

I did get the CR and missed my chance at the Zebra pen by 100 points but I am a little disappointed that all the other pens, PF, etc. required the purchase of the Giant Basket for the Lucky Dice and/or harvest bonuses because I didn't have any of them.

Cassie101 and swCactus1 like this.