1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snapshot Safari

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by Nala777, Nov 28, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Nala777

Nala777 Advanced

Snapshot Safari
    29th of November 2018 - 5th of December 2018
    Difficulty: Medium

From Baha level 1.
    On Bahamarama and Rainforest only

Event Crop: Film Roll Flower
    [​IMG]
    Time: 5 hours
    Gives (2x2): 200 TEP

There will be 2 event drops:
    Camera
    [​IMG]
    From crops, animals and workshops on Bahamarama and Rainforest only
    Objective

[​IMG]
    From crops, trees, animals and workshops
    on Bahamarama and Rainforest only
    Mill Product: High-Quality Camera
    [​IMG]
    Ingredients: 10 x Cameras, 10 x Objectives, 150 x Film Roll Flowers
    Time: 1 minute
    It can be produced in the main and tropical mills - Events feed tab.
    Total number of event crops needed to complete 5 levels: 10,000.

Drops:
    Cameras: 700, +180 for Souvenir Photos (General Issues Snapshot Safari ) Thanks Illy.
    Objectives: 600.
    Note: To complete level 6, you will need 30 Souvenir photos.
    Remember, level 6 gives a Gazelle Habitat
    Souvenir Photo
    [​IMG]
    It can be collected every 6 hours in the event window, after all 5 event rooms are completed.

SOS thread for drops. Thanks Joan.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Thanks for starting this thread, Nala. :)

I didn't have time to put it together but I did clarify a point regarding the Souvenir Photos as it will be pretty tough trying to get 30 of them with only one every six hours AFTER opening all the five rooms - and the event is only six days long. :wuerg:

Rather than explain it again, here is my question with response which makes it a little easier - if we have enough drops that is. It only needs another 180 Cameras and we can get these immediately! o_O

General Issues Snapshot Safari
    Good luck all! ;)

stacymaya, SahraB, fun2farm and 11 others like this.
  3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks Nala and Illy! I am going to attempt this event also! I would just love to have a Gazelle for my Island!;)
    I am hoping the "Drop Rat" is in a very giving mood! Good luck to all!

SahraB, Jazac, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  4. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Nala and Illy for the thread and information. It looks like I will be gifting Cameras. :)
    10,000 / 5 hour crop on 2 fields. Would one of our math Wizards please share the how? Is there time to get more drops from longer crops overnight or will we have to put out pens?
    SOS thread is posted. Good luck everyone! :music:

5. Nala777

Nala777 Advanced

Thank you Illy, you made it much much easier. :inlove::inlove:
    IMO we'll have to put out pens.:wuerg: OKkkkk, let me do some maths xD. Thanks for the SOS thread Joanc

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    SahraB, KaiCat33, habalala and 2 others like this.
  6. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Thanks Nala for the start and overall numbers!

5 hr Event crop = 4 hrs with water, 3:36 with water and manure

Quick calc for Joan:
    Growing on rainforrest and baha only, using 400 1x1 plots per harvest. With CAC applied = 400 event crops for repant + 1200 event crops per harvest.
    1200 event crops per harvest => to get 10k crops in total 8.3 harvests are needed. 6 day event => 1.5 harvest per day (equals 3 fields).

IMHO enough time for long timers overnight and/or daytime!
    With 3 harvests of both fields per day (6 fields), event crops are done within 3 days.

Crystal Falls is a good place to move aboretums, menageries and manufactories to.

Let's all have an easy and relaxed Safari.

Keep smiling!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    SahraB, KaiCat33, Sue46 and 7 others like this.
  7. Cassie101

Cassie101 Board Veteran

Thank you Nala for starting the thread, illy for clarification in general questions. Thanks Habalala for sorting out the numbers and thanks to joanc for her input and the SOS thread. :)
    I'm in :D

8. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you very much, habalala! I can smile and relax now. Ready to have fun on the farm again. :)

9. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Expert

Thanks for starting us off Nala777. :)

Plant 10 starter seeds on 10 2x2s nuked with SG + SSG = 100 event crops total with CAC.
    Replant 100 seeds on 82 2x2s, 8 1x2s, and 10 1x1s = 654 event crops total with CAC.

10000 - 654 = 9346 event crops left to grow
    9346 / (376 * 3) = 8.3 harvests

You can spread those 2 + 8.3 harvests over 6 days if you're confident in your ability to generate 880 drops (about 147 per day) over the course of the event but if not, try to get those event crops over with as fast as you can to leave yourself enough time to collect those 30 Souvenir Photos needed for the last level.

Both Baha and Rainforest have 188 1x1 plots each so there are only 376 1x1s total. ;)
    Keep in mind that Crystal Falls doesn't give any drops. Personally, I think arboretums/menageries/manufactories are good for drops so I would keep them in Baha or Rainforest. This would also allow you to experiment with different pens (while growing event crops) to determine the optimal duration for producing drops if the drop rate for crops is lower than expected.

10. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

I like everything I've seen so far. Thanks for everyone that contributed.
    The numbers suggest that someone with only one field open can make a serious dent in this event. The last level being the most difficult.
    For anyone that is interested in leveling up on Baha...
    event crop, colorful Film Roll Flower -- 200 TEP / 5h = 40 TEP/hr
    Compared to...
    Devil's Claw -- 84 TEP / 5h = 16.8 TEP/hr
    Ginger -- 152 TEP / 10h = 15.2 TEP/hr
    Chayote -- 212 TEP / 15h = 14.13 TEP/hr

Depending on current level and how fast one grows the event crop one can probably get at least one level during this event. I've acquired everything I want from the temple for now so I have surplus GB.

I'm going to use two full fields. Nuke the first round, maybe two. Depending on RL. Then I'll grow mostly event crops until I have all 10k needed. Probably plant longer crops at night to suit my schedule so I won't have to bother with the midnight "feedings".

I say yes, there is plenty of time. We won't know where the best drops are coming from until after the event starts. I have trees on those two fields right now so I'll try to find time to let you know what the drops are from those fields in the morning. I have pens on CF for now. I won't bother with pens on the two event fields until after I have all 10k crops.

As illy's post suggests, when I get to Level 6, I'll try to dump as many cameras in the Souvenir Photo "machine" as I can during the day.

SahraB, KaiCat33, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  11. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Commissioner

Sitting this one out so I can get some last minute regular farming in before the Christmas event later in December, for which I will be ripping up my whole farm (first time this year!). Good luck to all participating :D

Edit: on second thoughts, I quite like the look of this one. I'll have to have a think about what to do!

Edit 2: nah, back to not participating. Though I'd love the rewards, I'd have to really go all out with CAC etc. and I'd rather save it!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    SahraB, KaiCat33, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

I don't know how I'm going to make this one work with needing to have trees and animal pens as well as the event crop on two fields. Maybe I'll have to move menageries and arboretums over from crystal falls? Of course, I want the gazelle stall...

13. Jazac

Jazac Forum Commissioner

Thanks @Nala777 for starting the thread.

From what I see we do NOT need trees to get our drops. So if you want pens... use them. Me, I have another plan....lol
    Also as @zerodegrees pointed out (they also take up less space)
    My plan is this to keep me from ripping my fields up. I have 188 trees on my BAHA and 3 pens on my rain forest and rest 1x1's. I am gonna start with making my supply of event crops... I started thinking to keep my trees out till I get enough drops... but since we DON"T need the trees, I will more likely keep them till second harvest and remove them... it is a waiting game on this idea. As they also take up less space.. I may slowly remove while increasing my drops from them till I can safely remove them and finish the event crops.

6 days to grow I find plenty of time to grow crops... useing both fields all 1x1's (minus the 3 pens which i am leaving out) i figured that is 9 harvests. 9 (harv) times 5 (hour) is 45 hours with no water/manure. That leaves 99 hours to start crops, sleep, use pens, trees, long crops etc. Adding water to event crops will increase my 99 hours to 108.

This is NOT my cup of tea. To much game time...lol
    You can use just one field for event crops.. 188 x 3 is 564 per harvest with CAC. Plant 17 times. Last time gives 752. That is total of 18 harvests. 90 hours with no water/manure. If you can do 3 harvests (15 hours) a day. I did not figure start up crops and adding water/manure. Adding just water here will save you 3 hours. But you will need to plant right away 3 times.. leaves you 12 hours (9 hours without water) of long crops.

SahraB, KaiCat33, gardengal and 5 others like this.
  14. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Duke

I am giving this one a go because habalala said Joan can relax...well Joan is my neighbour so that means I can relax too!! My strategy is simple...do what I can and enjoy it cause I am just going to give it all away anywayxDxDxDxDxDI have a little time on my hands so why not FARM!!!??:p

All the best to everyone...and much thanks to Nala777 for starting the thread;)

15. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Thanks zerodegrees for the refinement of my quick calculations (which I did just to give a rough estimated time frame). Much appreciated!

CF doesn't give drops but to have the event crop done asap I'll move my big buildings from the grow fields after the initial harvest. It all got to do with RL daytime commiments later in the event :)

zerodegrees, tlcmom, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  16. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

I'm in....New stables that can be won in an event rather than hoping for luck with BB is a good plan :) I have out saguaro (24 hour crop). Both drops come from crops, so I will use CAC and crops to reduce any juggling between crops, trees, or stables. I'm most worried about drops only because I will be getting a late start today due to an appointment and leaving tomorrow to go out of town for the weekend. It is our anniversary :inlove:

Good luck everyone!

tlcmom, habalala, Banjoman and 8 others like this.
  17. Cassie101

Cassie101 Board Veteran

Happy anniversary, I hope you have a lovely time :D

18. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Connoisseur

two field give me 72 camera 98 objective,
    Rate is good or not, I don't know, All I know is :
    I don't Feel good, -.-
    BP make overlap event again on Baha.
    Go to event section and then saw a complex events held each weekend: Wreath of Suzy
    Frist stage start tomorrow end suday and it required to grow
    1950 a new event crop (5 hr), I am glad that I had crystal fall fully open
    What will happen for those had not or not fully open. Where do they find place to grow
    this new event crop :mad:

19. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

For the stage that starts tomorrow the event crop is for the main field, not baha ;)

20. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

It's okay for this weekend, Neddy. It is on the main playfield only, not Baha. :)
    I made the same mistake - I thought that all these events were on at the same time! :wuerg:
    And Mir comes to rescue again! ;)

Unfortunately, you cannot grow any of the upcoming event crops on Crystal Falls and you will not get any drops from that field either. :(

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Cassie101, tlcmom, habalala and 5 others like this.