1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Crystal Cup

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by -Mir85-, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

[​IMG] ____Snow_Crystal_Cup__[​IMG]

Link to FAQ
    Link to SOS

• Race 1: 44 steps, 7 biofuel XXL and 2 biofuel
    • Race 2: 60 steps, 10 biofuel XXL
    • Race 3: 65 steps, 10 biofuel XXL, 1 biofuel XL and 2 biofuel
    • Race 4: 71 steps, 11 biofuel XXL, 1 biofuel XL and 2 biofuel
    • Race 5: 64 steps, 10 biofuel XXL, 1 biofuel XL and 1 biofuel
    Total requirements:
    • 20,420 camelina (event crop)
    • 5,375 sunflowers
    • 1,274 fuel can (drop item)
    This is a mainland event. After building up starter seeds you need:
    • 17 harvests on main field and meadow or
    • 12 harvests on all three mainland fields.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM
  2. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Thank you for that great start Mir. I'm all in. Will boost my sunflower stack when I build up the event crop numbers.
    I'm thinking I'll manage 3 harvest per day per field, and given there will be some time lost for building up stock, and work the last day => 5 days. 5x3 =18, so will keep the glade as is for now.

Good luck!

ps. I like the fact there are no great must-have prizes in the race or skipping up and down and stressing of greed and wanting everything.

3. memere13

memere13 Someday Author

thanks Mir for the great post, it makes it a whole lot easier to plan!

4. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Thanks for crunching those numbers Mir. I can't say I am especially excited about the prizes but I am in ... I just can't resist events! :p

I will be using only two fields and probably do three harvests of event crop during the day and something longer overnight - still working on some of those excruciatingly demanding FSQs! o_O
    I will decide when I see how the drop rate is which Fuel Cans I will use. :music:
    Good luck all! ;)

5. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

The CR offered a +2 on sunflowers, pair that with a spring boutonnière and possible a cac and you'll be swimming in sunflowers. It's not the most used crop, but it it's still useful.

6. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

I'm not particularly good at making best use of CRs that are that targeted. Too many CRs to segregate those I need at any one time! 8)

7. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Mogul

Thanks for crunching the numbers Mir! Race 2 needs 68 steps to be completed requiring 11 Deluxe biofuel and 2 biofuel. Sorry if I am mistaken:p

KaiCat33, Erridge, SahraB and 7 others like this.
  8. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

You might want to double check that calculation :p
    Me neither, I might skip this event. +2 on sunflowers seems nice, but it is only for 1.5 hours, that's too little in my opinion for such a short crop. I would have liked it if I could use paradise garland, spring boutonniere, the +2 and grow sunflowers for a whole day. Don't think it is worth the hassle for only 1.5 hours.
    You are not mistaken, but some of the numbers for race 2 look like typos, so I went with the numbers from the DE FAQ.

9. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Connoisseur

Thanks for open thread and nos.
    Keeping buy seeds from shop everryday make me got over 55000 sunflower
    that means I can got a little fortune on market.:music:
    two hr before, set 5000 on market at over 260, and then just take a look, all sunflower sold out!
    I can see the price will rise up rocket very soon....
    OK, send some offer in market. then go to prepare my fields for tomorrow’s event8)

KaiCat33, Erridge, SahraB and 8 others like this.
  10. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Mogul

Thanks once again Mir!

KaiCat33, SahraB, MARLYMAR and 5 others like this.
  11. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Expert

Such a short bonus on those flowers; every 3 days.. and the prizes are good-ish, but I think I may pass on this..the holidays are approaching and I've a lot of work outside of this. I'm managing 175 cloud rows so far and need a 'great chase' type of thing spur me on.
    Good luck to everyone who opts for this event.

KaiCat33, Erridge, SahraB and 9 others like this.
  12. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Duke

the racing event come again.
    look simple, just grow and make fuels.
    Hope drops is good.
    Sunflower had rise to 550cc in my market. So I put out some offers to fellow farmera
    that are short of them..xD

13. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

:oops: Wishful thinking and a bit of a time optimist there

14. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Race 2 requirements have been amended recently. :)

KaiCat33, SahraB, MARLYMAR and 8 others like this.
  15. olofkalle

olofkalle Junior Expert

Three days of field harvesting and only two times that sunflower boost possible. Worth next to nothing for such a fast crop and the trouble to use it exactly the right moment. I think we earn much too small parts of EP and TEP on harvesting, instead it is the CRs that are the real helpers so the flower-EP harvest boost in CR is also worth next to nothing :(
    My first thought about CR EP is MEDIUM but I think I will give it a chance because you only have to harvest it once every 3 days, should mean rel. short period of inactivity compared to shorter.

The outcome totally depends on in which mood the programmers are .... a bad drop rate can destroy every event ...........

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 2:02 PM
    Cassie101, KaiCat33, Erridge and 8 others like this.
  16. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Mir for getting the race started. :) I'm in, and also very happy there is no lane changing needed. They even stated in the FAQ that the race is fixed, (your opponent cannot beat you.). Can not loose! :music: Great fun and best of luck everyone! Don't forget your goggles and hat, and Hot Chocolate waiting for you at the finish line!! :p
    SOS thread posted.

17. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Thanks Mir for the start and overall numbers!

To me the givers, the CR nor the many small prizes along the way to the finish seem to outweight the time and effort required. Seriously thinking about setting an easy and relaxed personal goal for this event: gain as many drops as possible and wait for conversion.

Additional info for those who wish to take on the snow race challenge:

Event Plant - 6:00 hr = 240 EP

Compared to regular main land crops:
    Pumpkin - 5:58 hr = 36 EP
    Fern - 6:00 hr = 240 EP

Growtimes:
    6:00 hr with nothing applied
    4:48 hr with water applied
    4:19 hr with water and manure applied

Good luck to all, have fun: keep smiling!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 9:35 PM
  18. Nala777

Nala777 Advanced

Thanks Mir for the kick off.

KaiCat33, Erridge, SahraB and 6 others like this.
  19. Growalot

Growalot Forum Pro

Overall, the prizes and CR seem a little 'blah' and with nothing new to win, I'll pass on this one.

Good luck to all.

20. xristos-ale3andros

xristos-ale3andros Junior Expert

habalala,
    with water and manure applied the time should be 4:19 hr.
    Personally, only applicable for building up the starter seeds.
    After that I settle with water.

I agree that the prizes aren't special, but.......