1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategy: The Gnarly Willow

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by illy1996, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:53 AM.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

FAQs state it is easy and I suppose it is, if you use all fields. :music:

19,000 Water Chestnuts
    1,050 Infernal Skewers
    Plus Left and Right side bars which require some fairly rare animals/tree fruit. :wuerg:
    Please note, this event is one day shorter than we are used to so plan accordingly! :p

I will probably try to do four harvests on two fields and only rip up my Glade if absolutely necessary - and, oh, - of course, I'm in! :D
    Good luck all! ;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 6:08 PM
  2. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Expert

Thank You Illy for the Nos. Only problem is 40 Elms required in Left Bar as the same is not available in Market. Will be lucky enough if we get from Hansel Wonder Tree rewarded by Crate of cursed Coins.

Good Luck Everyone !

3. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Sometimes it starts off like that Kibs but later you might be able to nab those Elm Fruits! But, to be on the safe side, I'll keep everything crossed for you. ;)

Sue46, MARLYMAR, 12ss12 and 6 others like this.
  4. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Duke

thanks for open the thread.
    The 2 rare fruit will be a barrier to most players.
    I had the pecan tree but no elm tree. Which mean I am luck to able finsihed left side
    progress bar and got the witch cottage upgrade.
    But my neighbor is very bad luck, she just got the elm tree, however, she do not
    had the pecan tree, and her market of course is short of both tree fruits.
    So, she could only got to level 3 and not even 1 upgrade she could get.
    I comfort her to say: maybe you could get the pecan fruit in market, as in my market
    I still find some offer......
    However, There is no sight of elm fruit in both markets...xD

OK, Wait for my crop mature and Start the preparation for tomorrow event.8)

stacymaya, Sue46, MARLYMAR and 10 others like this.
  5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Emperor of the Forum

My 2nd farm does not have an elm tree and there are none in the market on either farm. That will hold players back from being able to get the upgrades :cry:

Edit: just visited the market again for Elm. 3 offers. Over 50k each making the required 40 fruits over 2.2 million CC:wuerg:

Sue46, Banjoman, MARLYMAR and 10 others like this.
  6. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

xD

Sue46, MARLYMAR, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  7. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks illy1996, thanks for starting this thread and getting the numbers! I, like many do not have the Elm tree and there is NONE on my market! (Big surprize there! lol) Anyway I will be able to do all of the sidebars except that one wanting the 40 elm, so for me no big deal. I will plant the crops and hope to get the drops and get some pretty good gifts and those CURSED COINS!:p GOOD LUCK!

Sue46, MARLYMAR, BoHoKaren and 9 others like this.
  8. jumbo782

jumbo782 Forum-Apprentice

I have 2 pecan but no elm! :(

update: just planted 4 hansel trees (keeping my fingers crossed they may turn into elm(s)) :)

2nd update: managed to buy 40 elm (over 3 million) Yikes!!!

3rd update: :( I didn't get an elm!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 4:47 PM
    Sue46, MARLYMAR, saturnia22 and 10 others like this.
  9. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

I have sold as many as I dare - so as I will have enough myself - and they were snapped up before I could exit the sale window! :music:

Sue46, MARLYMAR, joanc123 and 8 others like this.
  10. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Duke

Can't believe o_O
    2 hr before, My neighbor still seeking for pecan and elm...
    And she just tell me, She got elm as well as pecan from her market !!!
    I ask her what price of elm, she say: 95K CC
    Wow, she say she had 32M CC, so spend few million on the fruit is acceptable as
    she want the factory upgrade..
    OK, I must say, if I found on my market, I will buy too xD

stacymaya, Sue46, MARLYMAR and 7 others like this.
  11. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Forum General

:eek: 19 ga-ga-gazillion junks for some ep :eek:

Well, I seeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ri-ously doubt it o_O

I really hope that you will enjoy yourselves junking at the party. Junks a few times for me. :)

ya know ............ I just gotta luv ya

MARLYMAR, joanc123, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  12. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Duke

I just find someone selling elm on my market, 2 unit per offer at 65K
    I click very fast, so I catch few patch, now I had 8 elm...
    5 day event, so...
    If, I cannot get all 40 on 3rd day of event, maybe I re-sell back to market :p

MARLYMAR, joanc123, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  13. -Mir85-

-Mir85- All knowing Oracle

I was very lucky and got my first elm tree just a few days ago.

Good luck everyone :)

Sue46, Banjoman, MARLYMAR and 9 others like this.
  14. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

Me too, Mir. I will hang on now, as I only have 10 Elm Fruit left and if I have any left after I have donated, I'll sell them. :)

Sue46, BoHoKaren, joanc123 and 5 others like this.
  15. 12ss12

12ss12 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks illy, for the calculations. Simple event and you have done the calculations for us. So no worries. Just plunge deep into the event.

I do not have elm trees but I do have pecan & the seedlings from the last event gave me 2 pecan trees. That makes totally 3 trees. I earlier bought some elms, so I can use it in this event and rest I can sell.

Sue46, Nala777, kibsnfebs and 4 others like this.
  16. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

Thanks illy for the numbers etc. :)
    This farm and Erridge farm will be doing the event, although Erridge doesn't have any elm trees.

stacymaya, Nala777, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  17. Jazac

Jazac Board Analyst

Thank you @illy1996 for starting the thread. I am all in on this event. I had mentioned in last event thread that I had all left and right side but the ELM trees. After playing in market to buy and sell things, I got my ELM fruits. Wow I think I got super lucky on that... Normally I would have to stalk the market for hours... Any way I did search my wonder trees in my inventory and I put out all I had that might give me a ELM tree. So if I happen to get one I will sell all I can as fast as I can make them. 3 hours and 45 minutes till they ready to harvest. I also put more wonder trees out. so maybe i can get a pecan tree too... Who knows..

Sue46, MARLYMAR, Nala777 and 4 others like this.
  18. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Ok, I went to the market and got to buy the 40 Elm trees I needed!:oops: My plan was IF I was going to try and get the 40 Elms it best be sooner rather than later as WE all know the prices will get CRAZY high! I got lots of 20, then 10, and 7 of 1 each and the last lot was for 10 so I have 7 extra! It was a waiting game because as soon as a farmer put them on the market they were gone! Good Luck everyone and I hope the Drop Rat is good!xD

MARLYMAR, Nala777, Brookeham and 5 others like this.
  19. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

My baby farm, who doesn't "DO" events, just got an Elm from one of the trees from the Bone Queen's event! Typical! It would have been nice to have another one on this farm but foe di rah! :music:

This farm did get another Guinea Pig though so I'm pretty happy with that. :inlove:

I hope there will be plenty of Elm Fruit for everyone! ;)

MARLYMAR, Nala777, Brookeham and 4 others like this.
  20. clonahmon

clonahmon Forum Baron

:music:
    just sold most of my elm fruit (exempt the ones I need for myself)
    175K EACH
    THAT was naughty of me :music:
    But to be on the nice side as well, I gave away two elm trees at the last G&T:music:

So Mr SANTA.. stop by here at christmas (which is coming sooner, than everybody thinks)xD

stacymaya, MARLYMAR, Nala777 and 6 others like this.