1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategy: The Gnarly Willow

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by illy1996, Oct 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

Wowza! I thought I was doing well selling at 50k! o_O

Cassie101, MARLYMAR, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  2. clonahmon

clonahmon Board Veteran

I am at a VERY expensive market.... Normally I am the one spending the money :D

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Old Hand

well I am ever so glad that I have all those rare trees and animal stables... You know I am in all the way. the FEOCD is strong with me.

Thanks, Illy, for starting this thread.

Edited to add: - uh oh. Everything except for this farm lacks an Elm tree... thought I had one, but nope nope nope. So at least it's the last step on that side bar.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    MARLYMAR, joanc123, 12ss12 and 3 others like this.
  4. 12ss12

12ss12 All knowing Oracle

I can sell another 110 elms. Waiting to dump them.

MARLYMAR, joanc123, kibsnfebs and 2 others like this.
  5. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Freak

I can sell 800 :p

MARLYMAR, joanc123, 12ss12 and 3 others like this.
  6. mindy1701

mindy1701 Old Hand

Elm is going for 105,000 in my market (39). Pecan is more reasonable at just over 10,000. Luckily I have enough of each to donate.

Cassie101, MARLYMAR, SahraB and 5 others like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Wow! Sounds like my 2nd farm got a good 'early bird' deal paying 50k each.

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Old Hand

I just paid 77,000CC each for elm fruit, so blew almost 4 mil CC - but got the 40 I need to do that last step. Whew. The other farm sold a few as I had amassed a good number of them. On that market, the highest I could put it was 57,000CC - so someone got a bargain.

9. 12ss12

12ss12 All knowing Oracle

Wow, Cassie, Started marketing them ?

10. joanc123

joanc123 Forum General

Thank you Illy for this thread and the numbers. :)
    This may become a 'side bar requirements' strategy thread. No Elm on my farm or my market... yet! I have every intention of purchasing them at whatever cost.
    SOS thread posted. Maybe the Easy rating for this event applies to drops. Not so with side bar requirements.

11. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Master

Woo!!!! You are in the same boat I am!!!!! 2 Pecan and no Elm...can we sub the eerie elm?
    I checked out the prices/extortion and for $74 thousand and change you can have one...
    This makes me a little Gnarly; 40 Elm and 3 million later? no thanks, I'll wait and see if someone feels sorry for us.
    They could have spec'd a tree that wasn't fairly new (to me anyway) but the good thing is the Elm is at the last, so we'll chuck 4 extra powerfeed..no big. Thats my plan anyway, I'll set out sweet clover and ride it out. the rest is good.

Cassie101, MARLYMAR, jumbo782 and 3 others like this.
  12. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I'm so excited!!!!:D I finally can make a ton of cc's in the market(very rare for me)!!! :music: I have had my elm trees in an arboretum for quite a while...so am selling like hotcakes!!!

Cassie101, MARLYMAR, SahraB and 5 others like this.
  13. Jazac

Jazac Forum Baron

@saturnia22 As Much as I really hate to say this. MOST of the time it is true.. Least in my market... Is there anyway you can wait just before end of event to do it? I bet you will find your needed items... and like I said MOST of the time as event nears end, the market is once again flooded with the items and prices fall. Maybe wait till last day?

Just go with the flow and maybe you will get lucky and farmers will start listing it. Which in turn make prices fall. They wont be as cheap as before event.. least I don't think. But you shouldn't have to dish out a lot of coins if ya can wait a few :) Just don't wait till last minute.. I perfer if you don't wait till last day ethier if you can do it.(if I have the coins... depends on what it is.. I just dish them out.. its the name of the game...lol) Good luck I hope I have helped you and others to save coins.

14. dorinna65

dorinna65 Forum-Apprentice

looks like shop o rama going to reset pray for elm tree there

15. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

Thanks Illy for start and totals.

Quick calc. here as well

Event Crop harvests with CAC applied:

19000/3 (net profit) = 6334 1x1 plots needed in total
    Event runs for 5 days = 6334/5 = 1267 1x1 plots needed per day

1 field (main or meadow) = 202 1x1 plots = 6,3 harvests per day - barely doable
    2 fields (main and meadow) = 404 1x1 plots = 3.1 harvests per day

Event crop grow times:
    5:00 hr regular
    4:00 hr with water
    3:36 hr with water and manure

Drops from all items
    1050 needed = 210 drops per day

-> doable event
    Average or low drop rate might require long(er) timed crops overnight.
    Super poor drop rate might require long(er) timed crop during 1 or 2 daytimes as well. Event crop grow time allows so and drops from Glade as well will help too. No forseen problems. Just do not expect to get enough drops from growing event crops only; it won't happen!

Prepare with long timed crops ready at 1st harvest after start of the event.

Good luck & keep smiling!

*edit* adjusted the numbers. Thanks to Mir and Joanc for their help!

16. dafodily

dafodily Forum Duke

Yes, but new items will not appear until Nov. 1st (21 days). So no help with this event. :( Just got my 1st Elm a couple days ago, whew! :wuerg: Thou not a Guinea Pig or Sea Pony (well over 20 tries @ the train) to be found. :cry:

Larch, Sweet Chestnuts, Norfolk Pine, Pecan & Elm (40 each) & Weasels, Bison, Pheasants, Falcons & Robins (10 each).
    All rare tree fruit & rare animals So available in the market if you have the cc's. :p Good Luck to All!

Cassie101, Jazac, MARLYMAR and 3 others like this.
  17. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

A little wishful thinking going on here :p

Cassie101, Jazac, MARLYMAR and 2 others like this.
  18. joanc123

joanc123 Forum General

Maybe 6333.3333333333?
    19000/3
    Fresh batteries in my calculator. :)

Cassie101, Jazac, MARLYMAR and 3 others like this.
  19. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

OK OK.. Quick calc.. I forgot to take in the amount of seeds needed for re-plant. Sorry!!
    Will adjust and edit post asap. Thanks for the notes!

20. joanc123

joanc123 Forum General

habalala, I love your field breakdown for a junking event. You make planning a no-brainer, and mine can use all help. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.