1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategy: The Gnarly Willow

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by illy1996, Oct 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shellhappybj

shellhappybj Regular

I have finished the Gnarly Willow cloud row up and running :)

2. Mooboy

Mooboy Forum General

Finished this event last night, Just a reminder this cloud row gives 30% EP in Pet plplayground The Park ;)xD

3. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Freak

Finished the event this morning on Cassie and Erridge, Cloud rows in place. :D
    Good luck to those still trying. :)

4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 All knowing Oracle

Woo Hoo, I finished the Gnarly Willow!;) I have the cloud row up and running!xD Congrats everyone, and Good Luck to all
    still trying!:)

5. cubanmissilecrisis

cubanmissilecrisis Active Author

Whoever classed this Event as 'Easy' were wrong!,The Crops yeah with time and dedication not all can give but that's possible but not 'Easy',As for the Drops 'Easy' oh come on give mi a break!

joanc123 and Cassie101 like this.
  6. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Not sure we agree on this. With 21h left on the timer, I'm done. I've used 2 fields for crops and 1 with stables/workshops with trees around them. I've harvested 2-4 times a day, 3 mostly. Did use cac, and my trophies are both maxed out. i only used SG and SSG for the two first rounds. Yes it will be much harder if you have less SG, SSG and trophies not maxed out, but with a little more dedication to the event than I had it is very doable for most.

7. cubanmissilecrisis

Moraine you've explained all the efforts you put in to finish with 21hrs left,Usually playing an 'Easy' Event not half of that effort has to go in and you finish with a couple of days to go?
    Also I typed "with time and dedication not all can give",I was basically saying it shouldn't be classed as 'Easy',I never said it wasn't possible just that it's not 'Easy'.

8. clonahmon

clonahmon Board Veteran

CR up and running dsince breakfast this morning.
    Despite almost 2 days with internet troubles.
    And still more than 24 hours left since CR.
    Happy camper here.

Congrats to all who finished and good luck to all still fighting ;)

9. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

I think this boils down to what you expect from an event. I would argue that if it was much more easier, remember you also gain a lot of good prices without completing, then this wouldn't be a an event. more of a calendar/quest type. Nothing wrong with that, but for me there has to be some kind of competing me vs time. There are a lot of players that for one reason or another do not have the required time to do an event, even if daily player. But there are also a lot of players that finish the hard events with time to spare and goods in surplus. Somewhere in the middle I think the "truth" is. If you can't dedicate to log in 3x a day, then I would argue events aren't for that individual. At least not at that moment.

I do think this was a nice and relaxed - yes easy, event. And I have my fingers crossed for those that grows and throws as fast as they can :)

harry011975 likes this.
  10. cubanmissilecrisis

Read what you just quoted of mine Moraine it was just an opinion and an opinion only,It was only ever an opinion and it remains the same opinion for mi,Which I am entitled to!,And I expect from an Event classed as 'Easy' to be 'Easy' that's just common sense!,With no fussing about maxing out Trophies and reinventing your Farm well like you did Moraine because it was that "nice,Relaxed & 'Easy'" for you?? that's more of a 'Difficult' level strategy ain't it?,Hey no argument here Moraine,You worked for the CR and got it well done honestly,Hey a lot of people agree with mi opinion and there're some that don't,I guess I'm just one of those people who believes in "For The Many,Not Just The Few".

Erridge likes this.
  11. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Master

It has been said time and again by many, many players that this is NOT a game for the casual player. There are HUNDREDS of games out there that you can log in every couple of days and still enjoy; that you can complete events simply through normal game play; that are "easy". There is only ONE Farmerama. Most of us who can complete events with ease have played for a minimum of two or three years; many of us much, much longer than that, and in the beginning, none of us completed events. In fact, before the advent of the SOS thread, which originated on the forum, I would wager that very few newer players even got close. I do not mean to belittle the experience of any player here. But it has been proven, through thousands of players and many years, that if you are not willing or able to put your farm in 1x1, that if you cannot harvest in a timely fashion, and if you are not willing to at least somewhat structure your life around your harvest needs when you can, that you are not going to complete events. This cannot be a shocker to anyone. Those of us who play the way the game requires almost NEVER have real issues with drops. Those who constantly have issues with drops seldom play the way the game is structured. Personally, I wish the game was billed as "a life changing hobby or second job" not "the fun free farming game" that it is - but all of the things that make it a challenge, also make it the best game in the world.

12. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Commissioner

Well said -mates!
    I had a real struggle with this Easy event, only just finished.
    And I've been around for close to 7 years with all the buffs and extras that this gives me. But RL has been busy lately so idle time on my farm has been far too long. Lesson learned - never leave your fields unattended for hours and hours.

Best of luck to all who are still working the event!

13. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Exceptional Talent

thanks to all my wonderful friends and neighbors who sent drops I crossed the finish line. Best of luck to all. Have a blessed night!!

14. cubanmissilecrisis

hatzeva very good point!,Good job on finishing by the way,I've been playing since 2012-13 I know how to play the game and I'm on it daily,If by RL you mean Real Life?(if not i'm still bringing it up),Something was brought up about dedication to playing the game/Events earlier and it is needed but real life still happens,Mi Grandson was around for close to 7hrs a couple of days ago I could've Harvested and re-planted Crops twice I never even thought of the game mi dedication was with spending the precious little time I get with mi Grandson,
    And -matselleste- Hmm to quote:"I do not mean to belittle the experience of any player here" if that's truly 100% the case?!,Delete that whole patronising post because that is exactly what it is,You're just pointing out the obvious and I or I don't think anyone learnt any lessons from that robotic 'Must For The Forums' rant!,I had something to say originally with right,And someone with right disagreed BUT shot themselves in the foot with explanations of how much effort was put in to this 'Easy' Event pointing towards the contrary of 'Easy' you can't let that one lie,You just can't even if you're not a member of 'The Forums 24/7 Posse'..
    "Structure Your Life Around Your Harvest Needs" HA,I can't believe someone typed that xD Ha-Ha-Haaa that's a cracker xD Oh-OhxD "Structure Your Life Around Your Harvest Needs" Ohh the philosophy!,It's genius?

15. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

I finished the event last night. :)

I think the concept of "Easy" really is a personal viewpoint. One farmer's "Easy" may be another farmer's "Extremely Difficult" depending very much on available time and farm aids. An event can be easy if you have plenty of time with no commitments that will interrupt your ability to harvest when required. :p

When I was working, I may have classed this event as Medium to Hard as I would have had times when I was unable to harvest enough to get the requirements. In addition, I didn't buy the harvester functions so if I didn't have harvester coupons, I would occasionally have to harvest by hand and, in particular, ripping up fields was not something that could be done in seconds. :music:

Nowadays, with monthly harvester purchased and relatively few commitments to stop me farming, I do not stress if I can't harvest on time and I can "structure my life around harvest needs", I don't worry if something unexpected occurs that stops me farming (power cuts for example) as I know I can do catch up later. 8)

I have been playing since 2010 and had always found events far from easy for the reasons given above. I now find most events easier, again for the reasons given above. :D
    Easy, Medium or Hard, I love this game and can't stop myself going full steam ahead to complete all events/quests possible! :inlove:

Whatever difficulty you call an event, I hope you enjoy it! ;)

16. cats50

cats50 Junior Expert

I have two farms done and two to go with just over 5 hours left. I am still waiting drops on farms! I think that is still an real issue for some as all four farms are set up the same so how is that random.

17. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Master

I am sorry if my post was viewed as patronising. I simply wish to point out that this is not like other games and should not be expected to be so. I do however take exception to the use of the word "robotic" and do not understand the reference to "must for the forums".

18. cubanmissilecrisis

-matselleste- it's over now,I made a comment about how I felt the Event shouldn't have been classed as 'Easy',Someone replied basically saying it was 'Easy' and went on to type a list of efforts that they put in pointing to the fact it weren't that 'Easy' for them,Then everything spiraled out of control and it shouldn't have!
    As for mi response to your post it was just that I've been playing since 2012-13,All that you typed I know,And the "Robotic" & "Must For The Forums" statements were just to mi no-one seems to have a real opinion on here!,(i did and looked what happened!),Not looking for confrontation or to leave a bitter taste or whatever?,You know it's just seems kind of rehearsed to mi,I hope that explains that?
    No hard feelings I hope with anyone who got caught up in that,And hopefully it's over now?,Well I'm surely not taking part in it no more it's tedious and after the initial two post it became totally unnecessary.

19. 12ss12

12ss12 All knowing Oracle

I got an elm tree now. :p xD

20. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

:wuerg:xD

joanc123, Cassie101 and 12ss12 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.