1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategy: The Sheep-Hellhound

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by illy1996, Oct 15, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Just teasing with everyone in these threads about the egg farms! Nobody wants them ..... yet. Beeps is setting up the egg farm to become useful ......... very similar to how they did the parrot feather workshop. Beeps still has the fox to play with. And the fox has no related product yet either and is not a breeding animal either and takes a while to produce and the feed requires one egg.

Being an ooooooooold farmer noooooow, the farmer_broke farm has Cassie-the-Fox. And Cassie-the Fox has over 44,000 friends and 16,000 feed to eat.

I would love to see the broke farm with 128 egg farms out. Harvesting once a month would be about right for an oooooold farmer nooow.

I'll hold those dragonflies and collect a few thousand more over time. Not even thinking about selling a one until I can get 875,000 each. 15,000 dragonflies at 875,000 each would get the farm about 13.1 billion. :D The way I see this market moving, 13.1 billion is a drop in the bucket. I don't want folk to get wise and start donating them because that will move the price up too too quickly.

See, I want the city folk to donate the breeding animals. WHY? While people are donating them, many cannot see how breeding animal prices will explode beyond imagination IF Beeps continues with their antics. xDAnd then they will have to buy more power feed and I'll write support then and talk the Shoogar-the-Owl about handing me over a hundred egg farms for promoting power feed. (I don't know why I have this feeling that Shoogar-the-Owl is not going to assist me. I can just picture teddy-the-Bear shaking her head at this nonsense idea of mine............. I'm just an oooooooooold farmer nooooowww is my excuse)

illy-the-ladybug is reaaaaaaaaaaaaly gettin in demand on this market but $$NO SALE$$. Ladybug prices are at exactly 50,000 on this market at the moment and the index is at about 37,000. Only about 2 more thousand and illy-the-ladybug will be in the 60 thousand club.

I'm watching for a payday to arrive. Remember Debbie1725? There has been Debbie-the-Monkey ever since the chatroom. There's about 57,000 friends here and I think I need to get on um about as fast as an oooooooooooold farmer noooooow can move. xD

Illy-the-Ladybug, thank for keepin an eye on this ooooold farmer nooow. I've got real problems here. I'll be glad to sell anybody 750,000 cuckoos (all but broke-the-Cuckoo) real cheap and they can have a bunch of ccs. Just sell um. I'm just an ooooold farmer nooow and selling 20 or 30 cuckoo lots is just too much for me.

and daffodilly-the-duck and the 100,000 friends are getting worrisome and.............

and I'll just sit under the broke tree and stuff some leaves in my pocket and watch as Illy-the-Ladybug does her thing.

2. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

Good going SahraB! That went straight over my radar and too late now! :cry:

Broke: I do remember Debbie and the Chatroom. We had some fun there all right! :music:

farmer_broke, 12ss12 and SahraB like this.
  3. 12ss12

12ss12 All knowing Oracle

Thanks for pointing out. I put the animals into breeding. But after seeing your post, I will harvest them tomorrow.

SahraB, farmer_broke and Cassie101 like this.
  4. farmer_broke

@illy1996
    • And give me all those dragonflies again
    • And all that finished dragonfly feed again
    • And all that cheap bitter ginger under 5500 again
    I do not want any donating of dragon flies on this market right now. Those orange pens are for sale. <----- and Beeps, that will be 10 more of those egg farm jewels for the orange pen push ...... now just hand them over with the quickness :) I just wait.

Now to get those buffs and get this dragonfly party to rollin. Mir-the-Dragonfly needs more friends.

I don't know where Debbie-the-Monkey is these days. I'm going to try and find her.

Many do not know that Debbie1725 (Debbie-the-Monkey) blazed a trail for us in the EnForum to excel in the Hoedown Competition. Debbie1725 did not make it and I believe the donating took its toll on destroying her farm. I was just a young farmer back then and crazy enough to be trying to sell wild oats on the market. :eek:

I had an idea how to do very well in the TOP competition but had not refined it. Watching as Debbie1725 failed and had fun made me want to succeed in style and learn. Cannot forget Debbie1725 and her constant monkeying around, thus Debbie-the -Monkey!

Well, back to stuffing leaves in my pocket. My farmwife (tlcmom) only shakes her head now about those leaves in my pocket.

SahraB and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Debbie1725 was my friend and neighbor. Sadly, she left the farm a long time ago :( I remember that year she made a run for Harvest Hoedown. She is a wonderful lady, full of fun, laughter and encouragement. I miss her....

6. farmer_broke

Thanks PnP. I miss her too and with Debbie-the-Monkey she cannot be forgotten here.

hahaha and there is PnP-the-horse. Sorry PnP but its far far too late to forget you now so don't count on it.
    hmmmmmmmmmm maybe Wonderful-wilson-Wednesday just might have some help for you on your farm :)

SahraB and sanddollar15 like this.
  7. Okkkay

Okkkay Active Author

What have I missed? Where's that dragonfly?

SahraB and farmer_broke like this.
  8. farmer_broke

Briefly, the dragonfly is a relatively recent addition to the BAHA animals. The exchange value is quite decent. At this time during the current event, a dragonfly donation would be regarded as quite efficient. I mentioned a while back that the farmer_broke would would be willing to invest its entire farm in that dragonfly. The dragonfly is quite expensive to produce. One will quickly run into a production problem if attempting to produce them in mass. The reason is primarily due to the 12 bitter ginger which are required as part of the feed.
    I have named the only dragonfly I would never sell Mir-the-Dragonfly (after -Mir85- who is dear to us all here). I share what I learn and perhaps help others to shortcut the whole process. Whatever others feel is shared and I read it all, consider it as best I can, and they have helped me.
    There are none on this market presently and very few have remained for the last few days. There is no dragonfly feed on the market and the required bitter ginger is now over 5,600 ccs each. Buffs for the bitter ginger are not listed. And this farm will go completely broke in the next few hours stopping the dragonfly from being donated because I choose not to want it and can afford to buy them all and all to do with them.
    This market will remain in shock for a few days and some will now know what a dragonfly is. There is much more to them than meets the eye and this is about as far as I think I should go with the dragonfly at this time in this thread.

Now we will just move on to the next part of the event.

Nice to meet you. I've seen you around. I wish you well.

Willow, Okkkay and SahraB like this.
  9. Okkkay

Okkkay Active Author

Thank you so much! I'm up to eyeballs with bananas and didn't notice a dragonfly statue. I must give it a closer look!

10. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Did well on the arthropod breeding - 168 PF & 7 bonus badges (one unused). Mammal breeding was 180 PF with 10 bonus badges.

zerodegrees, farmer_broke and SahraB like this.
  11. SahraB

SahraB Forum Duke

I'm not doing levels 2 and 3 of the 5 and 6 quest.:)
    My goal is 80 hellhound treats for the Natural Water Dispenser. I will reach my goal with 4 hellhound treats. :)
    That way, I think I'll save about 350 PF. ;)
    I could have actually achieved my goal by using less PF with good strategy, but I realized it late for some reason.:music:xDxD

[​IMG]

Do you think it's worth using 350 PF for other prizes?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  12. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

It isn't. I aim to reach 80 as well and already skipped a few tasks. With 2 more quests to go I only need 15 more treats to reach the last giver. I'll cherrypick the tasks and advise you to do the same. :)

sanddollar15, SahraB and farmer_broke like this.
  13. farmer_broke

SB-the-Swan ............ :inlove: .....nothing... I had better not say what I was thinking .... the mods will get me ... and I da need problem

All prizes appear very very expensive to me for what a farm receives now or for what one will receive anyway with a little patience.
    (But a price for enjoyment is often not easily determined and one may determine that their enjoyment today is worth the price.)

But the farmer_broke farm is flat broke again with exactly -0- ccs so even water is expensive to me. :cry: (cryin now)
    (As an Eagle Scout forever now,
    I'll drink my own tears if I must to survive
    drink the rain when possible
    have absolutely no fear of ever being flat broke in Real Life
    confidently can handle the finances of most any well-to-do
    clean out the filth in the basement
    command, demand and earn the respect of all in any boardroom
    enjoy a tasty meal from a fast food dumpster if need be
    dine on the finest of delicacies while giving respect and dignity to the servants
    have no tools and help a homeless person build a shack for his family and want nothing
    begin selling poop for .10 when demanding 500 is a cinch to receive
    ..................... and quicker than one can concoct a swan soup ....
    ............................. I won't be flat broke with -0-

Regardless, my careful consideration has aided in concluding that all of the rewards to be earned in this event are too expensive for the price paid.

.... and

my charge for the recommendation to you is ............ one egg farm xD

If the price is too high for you then simply don't pay :)
    How could I ever be flat broke for long anyway -.-

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    shellhappybj, sanddollar15 and SahraB like this.
  14. Willow

I enjoy seeing the variety of goals players pursue. Some play every event, some play few or complete only parts. Some are market gurus that amass astounding totals of cc's, animals and crops; with awesome strategies I admire. Others (two are my neighbors) play only for farming fun and collect what comes their way without worrying if they get the newest animal or next level for ages. The value of prizes (as they are virtual anyway) are subjective - what is too expensive for one player might meet the goals of another.
    The one thing I believe should be consistent is everyone having a good time.:) For me the event provided a chance to breed in some areas I desired, with prizes as an add-on. One of my neighbors (a new farmer of less than a month) played a part of some quests to advance a few levels - and proudly collected a crab and a penguin pen they desired. Another neighbor has bypassed the event, as they want to save PF and work on building up crops and cc's - and made a fortune on frogs!

The strategies players put out help others decide their path; thanks to all who take the time to explain their plans and offer interesting tidbits for future consideration.:inlove: (By the way, dear Broke, I had been growing/buying bitter ginger for a long time; just had a feeling it would be useful. Has come in handy with those dragonfly pens!)

15. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Baron

Very excited that I have finally got the crab pool I've been searching for for months. This will help me make some great advances in FSQs (I am predominantly an FSQ player and like to provide my own resources rather than purchasing at market). Due to limited PF resources I may stop intensely playing this event once I get the natural water dispenser - as much as I love the idea of a red yak stall or hellhound den, I may not be able to get to them and I don't desperately need them (at least, I can get by without), and it would be too much hassle to try to struggle on to the end. We shall see, but I don't envisage myself "finishing" this event - it may be possible, but I am doubtful!

16. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

:wuerg: Skipping parts of an event! :wuerg:

I know that it is not logical but I have this necessity to finish things! I'm the same in real life, even if it is something I am not really enjoying (a book, activity or whatever), I am compelled to at least try and finish it! So no skipping for me - unless it is the Loveshack type skipping - I'm going all the way! :D

Edit: I'm not sure how but I am not too far short of finishing. I have 66 Fish breedings in the Love Shack and only need a maximum of 48 PF to complete that section. I can either use Farm Coins or do a couple of higher levels of Frog breeding (with the added bonus of winning some BBs). :p

I will see how many extra badges I have tomorrow and decide then how to proceed. Wahoo! I do love breeding events ... although I have had hardly any luck with skips no matter what I have used! 8)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    joanc123, SahraB, Willow and 2 others like this.
  17. Willow

Finished Quest 5 using 170 PF; the bonus badges weren't as plentiful this time, only had 5. However, I netted 72 snakes from feeding the treats and got two officer chameleons from regulars.:)

zerodegrees, joanc123, baw815 and 4 others like this.
  18. 12ss12

12ss12 All knowing Oracle

I forgot to feed 19 treats to the hellhounds. :p What did I loose ? :eek: Any cloud row or something like that ?

*edit*

Please don't bother, I found out. I missed the EP Giver.:cry::p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Cassie101, joanc123 and Willow like this.
  19. Willow

Finished yesterday with 170 PF. :)