1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Summer Fishing Bonanza

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Jul 10, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "Summer Fishing Bonanza" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. bruno1992

bruno1992 Junior Expert

What was once one of my top three favorite events is now one I will not play. Too bad some people have to mess with something just to justify their job.
    There's an old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Please leave the Axe Throwing and Dice events alone.

3. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

I am finding this just a little slow ... having to wait to win a crate of lures. I agree that I prefer this to be a stand alone event. I'd rather mill lures at my own rate than wait just in case I actually do well in another event to continue with this one. -.-

4. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Connoisseur

This was one of my favorite events. Now that it is wait for a crate of lures for several days or play a mini game I abhor to get lures. What a way to ruin a good feature of the game. Debating whether to not play this game at all since you messed it up completely.

Sue46, swCactus1, 1Kay58 and 8 others like this.
  5. 007Farming

007Farming Count Count

NOT a fan of this new way of fishing! Why fix something that wasn't broken? I am at the point that I am going to focus on Quests and not events at all.
    Thanks for saving me money!!

6. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Mogul

This is a fun game, and I don't even mind that it runs for a long time but we can only play a few games a day - but why must it be tied to other events? Would much prefer if it just came back to being a stand alone event.

1Kay58, Sue46, swCactus1 and 8 others like this.
  7. ralu_silv

ralu_silv Forum-Greenhorn

This event is not even working properly, i had a premium lure, i used it and got 2Marlins and got 2 crates that aren't even there, they were never credited.
    It was a nice event before, now i think i will not play it anymore, especially since i have to wait for all the planets to allign, to get a lure..

Sue46, swCactus1, AuntMoe and 6 others like this.
  8. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Board Veteran

What have you Done to the fishing event?
    What, we get a lure every other Wednesday?
    This event has plummeted from the 'Everest of Events' to 'Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench!!'

xD

"a messing and fiddling and mucking around
    Piles of our fishes are stuck in the ground
    and all our complaints have an echoing sound
    maybe it's time a new game was found...."
    :wuerg:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  9. 007Farming

007Farming Count Count

xDxDxDxDIf I didn't have so much invested in this game I would....BP just might do it for me though;)

10. elimeno

elimeno Count Count

I actually enjoy the fishing event, however, I am really unhappy and frankly perturbed at how this event is being run...I think I have been able to make maybe five lures...that absurd.

who's idea was it to pair it with the great chase and now these quest in the farmers society?

Why does BP insist on continuing to ruin the events that were enjoyable and fun to engage in?

Bring back the fishing event as it was!!!!-.-:(>:(

11. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Can someone tell me where I get the lures please?

elimeno likes this.
  12. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Nellie_Noodles,

From the FAQ:

You need to collect Lures from the associated events to play the mini-game:
    • Dance in the Wind Quests
    • The Great Chase III
    • The Heat is on
    • The Shipside Bazaar
    Happy Fishing! :)

13. _chris44_

_chris44_ Forum-Greenhorn

Ok where is the heat is on , and the Shipside Bazaar

elimeno and 1Kay58 like this.
  14. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Thank you Farmers almanac ...I give up on this event then :(
    I liked the way it used to be ….and looked forward to playing it ...Not now the way it has become

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  15. 1Kay58

1Kay58 Active Author

I soooo agree! They made it to difficult to play, and I'm quitting it as of now! I can not get the lures any more!

16. joanc123

joanc123 Forum General

Events yet to come _chris44_. 16th - 21st July: Baha Mendel Event Quest, and 24th - 30th July: Country Event, I assume these are the ones Farmers' Almanac was referring to. July Preview Calendar
    This event is well and truly broke! :(

007Farming, Sue46, elimeno and 3 others like this.
  17. RowSie

RowSie Active Author

Slower than snail mail. I do not get why on Earth this got messed up.
    ===UPDATE: Now that the event is over, I can say it. It was just terrible. What is the point of such a passive game? There is nothing I can do (other than by lures) to expedite or improve my results. Even after many, many games played I had ZERO coins to buy the stuff at the event shop. Seriously people, poorly thought strategy to change the fishing game like this.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    007Farming, 1Kay58, Sue46 and 4 others like this.
  18. Floridasolve

Floridasolve Junior Expert

Ridiculous way of running this game. If you don't want to play the other games you can't play the fishing game because they have it tied together. Can't make lures - have to wait to get them - FORTY EIGHT HOURS for the statue to produce a lure - terrible changes - the old way was better. Whoever came up with this seriously needs to rethink how we the players feel. I realize BP wants us to buy our way through these games and that is a huge turn off. Nobody likes to be forced to pay to play "free" games.

19. howk01

howk01 Active Author

I agree with all the above - why ruin something that was not broken! It is ridiculous that to play an event you have to complete other events esp in the summertime. People have lives. Due to RL I will not be around for most of The Heat is On event so will be penalized and I am sure that I am not the only one.
    Also am quite frustrated about all the event being piled on top of each other. Did not realize that Dance with the Wind had started until Sat & MM until Sun afternoon. I find that I am playing less & less which is sad as this was my favourite game.

007Farming, Sue46, baw815 and 5 others like this.
  20. lksb49

lksb49 Forum-Greenhorn

I feel the same as everyone. I get very few lures. Have no idea what the Shipside Bazaar is. There are too many challenges going at the same time and has taken all the fun out of farmerama. I know many people along with 4 of my family that will not play this again

I agree I have no idea where either are and don't feel the answers we get tell us anything

Last edited by moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    Sue46, elimeno, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.