1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Age of Sail Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Aug 13, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Forum Duke

FAQ
    14th of August 2019 - 21st of August 2019

Event Crop: Bald Cypress Time: 5 hours Plantable on the event playfield only!

For this event, you will require some regular tools from your Barn:

Wood boards, Saws and Scissors.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

During the event, these tools will drop more regularly. You will receive them when harvesting your crops on the event playfield and when harvesting your stables and workshops on the 3 main lands!

Event Items: Sailcloth: Handed out as task rewards. Can also be purchased in the Event Shop.

Tree Logs: Handed out as task rewards. Can also be purchased in the Event Shop.

Mast: Handed out as task rewards. Can also be purchased in the Event Shop.

Note: No Crafting Buff effects the event plants (Pumpkin jam, Carrot-apple chutney or Crop Buffs won on the Farmwheel), only Fruity Pancakes and EP Buffs effect this playfield.

Clicking on the Event Building will open the Event Layer: You need to deliver Goods to the 4 buildings. Click on the Building to see the requirements/rewards for that level.

Each building will have 4+1 tasks to be fulfilled. After the first 4 tasks are fulfilled, there will be a repeatable task for each of the buildings which users can continue to contribute to, to earn Gear Coins until the event ends.

Event Requirements:

Building 1
    2,150* Bald Cypresses
    195* Scissors
    225* Rabbits

Building 2
    225* Goats
    4,050* Wood Board
    900* Saws

Building 3
    225* Sheep
    20* Sailcloths
    40* Tree Logs

Building 4
    5* Masts
    225* Pigs
    30* Jewels

Need:
    For CR and giver items
    = 485 Gear Coins

If we complete all tasks,

We'll get 75 + 45 + 90 + 120= 330 Gear Coins. 485 - 330= 155 gear coins will be missing.

So, we'll have to repeat the 5th levels.

Good luck to everyone!!:) And Thank You elRe.:):inlove:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. joanc123

joanc123 Forum General

Thank you SahraB for putting together the numbers. :) And Thank you eLre for helping SahraB. :music:
    I hope this event is fun. Good luck to all my fellow farmers! :)

3. SahraB

SahraB Forum Duke

My farm only have them. I don't know should I do this event?

[​IMG]

-edit-

I thought and I'm out this event! :)There are animals to sell. Not much :sleepy:;)

007Farming, Willow, Sue46 and 10 others like this.
  4. habalala

habalala Forum Freak

Thanks Sarah for the start and overall numbers.

Even doing level 5 twice on all buildings (+110 Gear Coins) isn't enough to get the CR and givers..

My summary for this event:

Requirements - beyond being reasonable
    Rewards - underwhelming
    Overall qualification - crap

My strategy:

- visit market to add more CC to the farm balance
    - grow event crop on event field with 4x4 fields, without applying water or manure
    - boycot any task donation
    - collect any extra drops
    - collect an extra 3 EP + 4 CC + 3 TEP for every event crop grown

Event easily done with a smile.

5. SahraB

SahraB Forum Duke

Thank You habalala, amazingly awesome strategy. :)

007Farming, Sue46, spotsbox and 9 others like this.
  6. dumbunny

dumbunny Board Analyst

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm not doing this one, either. I don't have the real-life time to donate and I generally dislike events where we have to use the special field.

007Farming, Willow, Sue46 and 11 others like this.
  7. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

Thank you SahraB and Habalala for doing the hard work. ;)
    I have to agree with your sentiments Habalala! xD

I may just see how many crops I can grow without over-exerting myself. I am enjoying popping in two or three times a day and not worrying if I don't harvest everything as often as I can. I'm chilling. Probably won't bother with the CR et al, just cherry pick those prizes that appeal! :music:
    Good luck all in doing whatever you like! :inlove:

8. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Freak

You said it habalala, not worth doing, so I'm not

007Farming, Willow, Sue46 and 9 others like this.
  9. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Exceptional Talent

Where does the Fruity Pancake come from? Thanks

007Farming, Sue46, spotsbox and 6 others like this.
  10. SahraB

SahraB Forum Duke

Probably, from the Crate O' Shipbuilding only!

11. kibsnfebs

kibsnfebs Forum Duke

Can be purchased up to 20 times for 5 BB each.
    Crate O' Shipbuilding
    [​IMG]
    Receive 1 random item from the following:
    [​IMG]

007Farming, Willow, spotsbox and 8 others like this.
  12. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

Rectification: instead of
    please read « 225 (+150) goats, rabbits and sheeps as well as 225 (+75) pigs and 30 (+10) jewels ».
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Rectification: instead of « There will be a repeatable task for each of the buildings which users can continue to contribute to », please read
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Complement:
    [​IMG] scissors, [​IMG] saws and [​IMG] wood boards will drop more regularly during the event harvesting Bald Cypress, mainland stables and workshops.
    More:
    We can access the [​IMG] Fruity Pancake from the Navigation Bar if the [​IMG] Crate O' Shipbuilding strategy gives best results. Otherwise, the Farmerama user can get one Fruity Pancake with the [​IMG] Age of Sail Mega Pack.
    Update:
    article.barnValuemarketValue
    goat.7823555,42
    pig.15927643,81
    rabbit.7271380,98
    sheep.14077775,91
    jewel.750158282,74

Nala777, kibsnfebs, spotsbox and 6 others like this.
  13. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Regular

Thank you SahraB, and everyone. I love using the event playfield, so of course I'm in....but will play the light version. I don't have the jewels, and low on some of the other requirements so my current plan is to grow the crops, collect some gear coins to spend in the shop. I love the beautiful playfield, and it looks like fun. Good Luck to everyone, hope you get some good prizes. :inlove:

14. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

:eek: What is an ooooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooow to do? :sleepy:

6,566 rabbits
    15,086 rabbit meals (feed)

54,152 goats
    28,347 goat snacks (feed)

32,606 sheep
    9,471 sheep chips (feed)

35,354 piggies
    28,017 pig-pies (feed)

1,025 jewels

Beeps is playin real dangerously with those plums used in that sheep feed.

And Nala-the-otta (with 53,521 friends) uses 8 plums in the feed (4,928 feed here)

Keep right on Beeps! (over 1.21 million plums waiting for shipment)

I just don't know bout all this junkin ..... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagain.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..... might just need to go to market and do a lil shoppin......... but I'm a little broke :eek: .... aaaagain :cry:

15. Stinkerton

Stinkerton Someday Author

Thank you SahraB, elRe for putting those numbers out there and to habalala for making it easy for me to understand how easy this one is... to ignore.

Overly complicated, unreasonable amounts, underwhelming returns, it's the event clean sweep of everything I avoid when logging on :p

Nala777, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 8 others like this.
  16. baw815

baw815 Forum Ambassador

My sentiments exactly, Stinkerton. ;)

Nala777, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 6 others like this.
  17. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Will do some crops, but not going to stress over finishing. Think I will just pick out prizes that interest me. Just too much to do for one small field. Best of luck to all doing the event. :)

Nala777, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 6 others like this.
  18. dafodily

dafodily Forum Duke

Just remember that unless you are using a fruity pancake it makes no difference whether using 1x1, 1x2 or 2x2 fields. It just takes more seeds to plant the smaller fields. Drops are not a concern, so keep it simple. Good luck to all giving it a go.

Nala777, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  19. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Master

I'll grow some crops to get the shop stuff. if the CR is too far out then I won't fret over not getting it. I've skipped the last 6-7 events because it's gotten to the point where I can't finish to get a CR to save myself. If my memory serves me; this field is all about watching paint dry.

Nala777, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  20. Growalot

Growalot Forum Expert

At least we don't have to open each section like in past events.

Pros:
    1. 200 EP for each 2x2 plot
    2. No buffs needed to worry about
    3. No need for harvester
    4. No need to buy manure as enough will be generated from the animals on the main farm
    5. Increased, time will tell, wood board drops (waiting to build the last upgrade of baha managerie - need lots of wood!)
    6. No need to destroy farms
    7. Tool drops are useful after event has finished
    8. Can make some extra CCs from requirements
    9. No "haven't got it, gotta get it" prizes
    10. Nice looking playfield with all areas opened, no need to open bit by bit.

Cons:
    1. Stress......nah, won't allow that to happen again (lesson learned from the last event, was hoodwinked into that one!)

Looking to do building 1, then 3 (buy the tree logs from event shop, gear coins pending), then 4.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Nala777, SahraB, KaiCat33 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.