1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback The Age of Sail

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Aug 13, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,
    [​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding "The Age of Sail" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

As partial donations are lost if you do not finish a level, please make only one green "Deposit" button for each level rather than having to donate for all 3 resources individually. Any reduction in repetitive clicking is most welcome :)

3. FarmerDelight

FarmerDelight Forum Expert

The colour tone used for the fields is horrible. Its hard to see which field has been sowed as the colours are almost identical

Sue46 and saturnia22 like this.
  4. nm561

nm561 Forum Connoisseur

I agree with the above about the color and also the weird shaped field (there seem to be 2 missing squares below the captain's shop). I know it isn't a perfect world but I would prefer a rectangular or square shaped field.

Sue46 and farmerumf like this.
  5. Lea2191

Lea2191 Advanced

This is a great quest. It's the most enjoyable quest I've ever done on Farmerama. It was extremely well thought out. I'm so happy I decided to participate. Kudos to the person or persons who planned it.

The downsides are the concurrent crop on the main field gets no extra tools. I have to choose between the two quests and I feel like I already spent a lot of time on the first quest.

I purchased the basket, something I've never previously done. I did this because I just am enjoying the quest so much. However the crates didn't give me as good a result as I had hoped for.
    Addendum:

Unfortunately I had problem with a technical issue that destroyed the fun of this event. The shop didn't function properly. I reported it under technical issues won't go into detail here. What started as a very fun event has become frustrating enough that I am considering giving up the game permanently. I regret spending money on an event.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Sue46 likes this.
  6. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Master

I think the graphics are lovely, with the exception of the fields being difficult to distinguish between open and recently sown. I do not mind that we cannot use any enhancements on the field - but the length of the crop, if you're going to do that, is just tedious. Either make it shorter, or make it twelve hours so we can harvest just twice a day. As it stands, it's BORING. and it took a whole day just to get to the first donation of the cypress.

I agree with the request to please have a single donation button.

Tool drops from stables do seem to be excellent. However, since you already have a quest running that requires players to be growing crops, not animals, this is a giant slap in the face. Honestly, do the developers have staff meetings where they brainstorm how to make the players angry? Most of us are thrilled that there is an event on the actual event field, so that we can use our farm for, you know, farming. But the few people who chose to do the ridiculous month long draining quest are stuck making a choice. And that is just rude.

So this event itself gets two thumbs up. I know a lot of people are complaining about the amount of animals required, but since we can use our fields to grow them, I think that is a moot issue. I love the fact that we get to choose what we want as prizes - that is always a great feature. But again with the incessant slamming us with events. Can we just please have events always on the event field, leaving our regular fields alone, except for maybe a special event once a month or so? You'd find your players far more likely to spend real money if you made the game play experience one in which they wish to participate.

RowSie, Sue46, baw815 and 2 others like this.
  7. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Board Veteran

Oh, Hooray. Another badly constructed event. Another in a loooong list of hastily put together events. Did the person-in-charge of quality, leave? Hmmm, she probably got pregnant.
    I will summarize how this event goes.

Water Wasteland
    "You need to donate these, which are severely limited on floating fields with holes, to get those and then you need them to get these and if you manage to get enough of them, you might get the coins. But there are not enough coins to get the cloud row, unless you send a great pile of animals, none of which can swim !! Oh and you can grow faster if you get a fruity pancake which you cannot even buy, but you have a 0.0000001% chance of getting if you stand on your head and whistle 'Dixie' in tune!"
    I don't even think I will bother feed-backing any more. Comprehension requires a brain.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Sue46, teeceebeemee and saturnia22 like this.
  8. Growalot

Growalot Forum Expert

For me, the main benefit from this event is the increased number of wood board drops. Together with this event and a few FSQs, I was able to get the final upgrade of the baha menagerie! I did not waste any wood boards for building 2.

Another positive for this event is that the tool drops are useful long after this event has finished.

As with any other event, the growing of the event crop is tedious and the crop requirements for the first building are way too high for the number of crops planted and the limitations to growing time. At least with the small area, the harvester is not a necessity, plus the EP is good for the large plot. The event field looks good and I liked that normal farming could be continued.

It would be great for other future events to have increased tool drops instead of the throw away types and the event field to be utilised more often, with a larger planting area.

fun2farm, RowSie, Sue46 and 1 other person like this.
  9. RowSie

RowSie Active Author

I do not seem to be going anywhere with this event. I have progressed my "shops" through donation but not nearly enough for the cloud row alone let alone row and items. Beautiful graphics, but that is about it for me (and there is the already noted issue with colors being confusing between available plots and planted plots).

10. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Inhabitant

I like that it's on the event field, however I don't understand the reasoning behind not allowing buffs to work on the event field and never have.

I'm not a fan of the never ending upgrade concept--there should be a check mark or something that shows me that now I'm in the "extra credit" section of the upgrades for a particular building. I keep having to refer back to the FAQ to figure out if I've completed all the buildings or not.

Some of the prizes in the shop are actually quite nice, but everything is very expensive with the high donation requirements as already mentioned.

RowSie and fun2farm like this.
  11. illy1996

illy1996 Emperor of the Forum

The event has been okay. I will probably finish this evening(without any extra levels ... unless I mess up), all well within the event timescale. For those who want to continue, a few more days will allow them to gather up more prizes.:music:

Slow and steady but easy enough to keep up. Would have liked to have a better shot at all the prizes without having to get up in the night to harvest (which I didn't do and don't intend ever doing). I've had enough of it now and don't really want to use any more resources so may just carry on planting to get the EP/CC rewards at the end. :p

I agree about the colour of the plots being hard to see next to the water and I also agree that it is not clear when we have finished all levels and are about to repeat the last level. All should be made much clearer. We have popups for all sorts of things, some quite unnecessary, but it would be nice for a popup that says "you have completed this part of the event, do you really want to repeat it?". :)

On the plus side, if you didn't go for the CR, there are plenty of nice prizes to go for. But, alternatively, I don't like to have the choice between CR and good prizes. :oops:

farmerumf and sanddollar15 like this.
  12. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.