1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ant Trail

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Jan 8, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Forum Inhabitant

The Ant Trail: FAQ
    SOS
    9th of January 2019 - 15th of January 2019
    Difficulty: Medium
    Event Crop:
    Silky Moss
    [​IMG]
    Gives: 400 TEP
    Time: 4 hours
    Plantable on the event playfield only!

Event Drop:
    Wood Ant
    [​IMG]
    You will get these drops while harvesting your event playfield, from crops only!

There will be a special mill product that can be made 3 ways:
    Organic Mulch
    [​IMG]

Needs:
    Left side progress bar:
    5x organic Mulch

Right side progress bar:
    500 Avocadoes
    450 Bananas
    400 Persimmon
    350 Tamarillos
    300 Langsats

For CR:
    Event Crops:
    Event Drops:405

Participate in the "Puzzled Ants" Support Quest to earn a special giver plus extra rewards!
    Find details
    here.

Good Luck All.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Ambassador

Thank you SahraB for starting the Trail. :) I have been looking forward to this event since you and 12ss12 brought it to the Grapevine. :music: Good Luck my fellow farmers!

3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thanks SahraB for starting thread and for all the work you do for us! I am looking forward to doing this event!
    Good luck to all and lets have some fun!:D

4. habalala

habalala Forum Overlooker

Thanks SahraB for the start and overall numbers!

My strategy on this one:

Support Quest

Task 1 Silver
    Task 2 Silver
    Task 3 Silver Gold Diamond

190 Branches, 100 event crop, 10 event drop, 600 Lychee, 600 Mango => Bustling Anthill (provides 4 event drops every 6hrs)

Planted 1 field on Baha with 20 hrs trees as preparation and will keep it going till 190 branches have fallen.

I'll skip remaining tasks as my farm has no need for more GB or any of the other rewards.

Trail

Only event crop and event drop are needed to get CR and givers.
    Sidebars are OPTIONAL. If only going for CR and givers there's no need to donate on those!

Left Sidebar filled before donating to main bar provides 15 * 4 PF = 60 PF
    Right Sidebar filled before donating to main bar provides 15 * 7 FC = 105 FC
    Also 2* Factory Upgrade as reward.

To fill the sidebars very high numbers of baha treefruits are needed. I have plenty and will go for it but you've got to decide yourself if the rewards are worth it.

All what's left is to grow event crop on special playfield.
    Once 158 1*1 plots are filled (starting with 10 seeds on 1x1 = 4 harvests, on 2x2 = 2 harvests) about 20 more harvests are needed to get 3180. 6 days to do so means 4 harvests/day from the start- 1 overnight included - and no slacking!!
    Using 4x4 plots saves water and manure but might limit drops.
    Yawn.

Event crop grow times:
    4:00 hrs
    3:12 hrs with water applied
    2:53 hrs with water and manure applied

5. sanddollar15

Thank you habalala, I always look forward to your added strategy, and the event grow times with water and manure added!;)
    I like to plan ahead! lol For me the GREAT news is while waiting I can farm as usual since we are using the "event playing field" this time! :)

6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum Great Master

oh sanddollar15...you optimist, you... You do know that BP has something up their sleeve to keep that 'usual' farming from happening for very long, right?

Thanks SahraB for getting this thread started and Habalala for your additional insights. Always appreciated.

I wish it wasn't ants. At least it isn't spiders. And I'm less higgeldy-piggeldy about both since my husband started crafting insects out of assorted stuff and selling them in our booth at the market, but they still aren't my favorite creatures on earth.

On the other hand - nice cloud row...especially for those of us who have managed to get to level 433 of Bahamarama and it now takes forever and a day to level up... so I'm in on both farms.

7. habalala

Drops it is! As the event itself is on the event field, we can't prepare and won't have an initial number of drops at the start.
    The drops only appear on the event field and the only thing we can plant is a 4 hrs event crop and we all know 4 hrs crops aren't famous for their great drop rate. There is NOTHING farmers can do on the event field to increase the drops. Only BP/the game team can twist the drop rate to THEIR liking..

It takes at least 2 harvests, half a day, to get a full 1x1 field with event crops. A few drops will be gained with the partial harvests but it leaves 5 days to get about 400 drops, 80 per day.

When harvesting a full field 4 times a day and the average drops per field is below 15-20 it'll be near impossible to get enough drops from the event field alone. This is the only reason I'll do a part of the Support Quest, 1 giver harvested 3 times will provide 12 drops/day.

*edit*
    Actually there are 2 givers to gain from the support quest but to get the 2nd one we'll need another 590 branches drop from baha trees and a serious amount of treefruits. Unless you have 3 fields filled with trees I estimate to get those branches will take a few days and so the extra drops from 2nd giver can only be obtained a few times. Not worth it. Not to me.

Nala777, tlcmom, geckofeet666 and 8 others like this.
  8. dumbunny

Habalala, I figured same - I'll do enough of the support quest to get that ant giver item. Putting a boatload of extra trees out on my baha lands right now.

Nala777, tlcmom, geckofeet666 and 6 others like this.
  9. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies All knowing Oracle

depending on drop rate, I may experiment with 1x1 plots vs 2x2 plots on the event playfield. Ideally, I would just use 2x2 to minimize how much water/manure I use, but we'll see how the drops drop :)

10. habalala

You're welcome. It's not too hard to get those. It works like this:

1. convert hours to minutes. Crop in this event is 4:00 hrs = 4*60 = 240 minutes
    2. calculate 10% of 240 minutes = 24 minutes

3. water saves 20% = 2*24 minutes = 48 minutes
    4. 240 minutes minus 48 minutes makes 192 minutes makes 3*60 (for the hour) + 12 (for the minutes) = 3:12 hrs

5. manure saves another 10% from 192 minutes = 19.2 minutes
    6. 192 minutes minus 19 minutes makes 173 minutes makes 2*60 + 53 = 2:53 hrs

Next event, posting the event crop grow times is all yours :D

11. Cassie101

Cassie101 Count Count

Thank you SahraB and habalala for starting the thread and the maths and tips. :):)

Nala777, SahraB, geckofeet666 and 5 others like this.
  12. sanddollar15

@habalala , xDxDxD Trust me when I say they would not be even close to the right numbers!:p:wuerg:

13. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

the side quest : puzzled ant, I used a full main field of tree and it only give me 57drops.
    Other 2 field I still mix farming, so total inital drop of branch is 77(2 from magic tree)
    I had activiate the increase drop rate of CR. And still Got this low drop rate.
    Hope I could get the 1st deco to get more wood ant for this event.

A bit anger, Just find that the system got a bit wrong at very first of event beginning.
    When I first go to event field. They had empty field on place already. It is a whole plain field
    with 2x2 and some 1x1 on the edge.
    So I start to plant the 10 seed. I do not used seeder as I don't want my inital seed on the
    edge 1x1 . Thus I plant manual. When I want to add water and manre by seeder, Some plot
    just do not react to the machinery. I had to add by hand. A bit surprise, but I just ignore it.
    However, When I finsihed all and come back to mark down the date to harvest. I then find
    that the field change to have a Ant Road which divided into 4 parto_O
    The worse is ............
    System only consider I had plant 5 seed on 1 part. and those plant place belong to other part or road.
    Mighty BP system just consider they are not exist. And I still had 5 seed on hand! :mad:
    Which Make me had to replant the 5 seed with 30min delay.:mad::mad:

14. Neddy38

Neddy38 Forum Master

Forgot to look at clock. just start, no SG allowed. So I had to harvest my seed before I could sleep-.-

My dear friend. I saw your post and then I go to the event field.
    Yes, it is just the same as you say.
    So I move around the fields and then come back.
    The ant road come out. Lucky that I saw your post or I wil be more worst.
    As I will mark down the harvest time before I go to other field.
    Thus I will find out that I had only plant 5 seed when I harvest!:cry:

Nala777, SahraB, geckofeet666 and 4 others like this.
  15. mindy1701

mindy1701 Forum Great Master

dnin and Neddy - I saw your posts and the same thing happened to me, except: after I planted my 10 seeds, another 5 seeds showed up. Thinking this is my lucky day, I planted those and watered & manured. When I went back to check on the field, the ant roads were there and 5 of my planted, watered & manured plots were gone. So much for luck.
    It sure would be nice if someone would test these events before making them live.

16. sarann

sarann Active Author

The same for me. So glad I went back to the field to just by chance. I noticed same thing that the field had changed and some crops had been removed. I didn't lose them but I lost the time. I minor inconvenience. Would have been worse if I hadn't noticed it and that I have some time this morning to mess with this that I normally don't have. Also at that time I had to manually water and fertilize since the machinery only did a few plots.

Would be nice if some official announcement would come out to share the mix up with the field.

17. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Ambassador

This glitch you are talking about did not happen on my farms. Maybe it is because I remove all plots after each event. All that was there was the ant trails, with little brown ants invading my farm. :) Good luck and Happy Trails! :music:

Nala777, SahraB, geckofeet666 and 6 others like this.
  18. dumbunny

You're lucky, Joanc123 - both my farms had plots where there should have been trails - I did a full reload (refresh button) and the extra field plots went away.

Nala777, joanc123, SahraB and 4 others like this.
  19. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

There is 2 report thread on tech. issue section.
    Again, 2 farmers fall into BP's bug trap. :oops:
    I should be clam..:)
    As Bug Point always come back when you don't expected.:eek:

I know.:D
    It is because we had Ant event.;)
    Ant is insect.. Do anyone remember those BUG xD

Nala777, joanc123, SahraB and 4 others like this.
  20. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Expert

Thank you @SahraB :inlove: for everything you do for us :inlove: Many thanks to @habalala for making it easier :inlove:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.