1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Berry Effect Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Moraine, Jul 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

The Berry Effect Strategy Thread

Where:
    Main, Meadow & Glade
    When: 4th of July 2018 - 10th of July 2018 = 6 days.
    Difficulty: Medium (Drops back to it's normal rate, some might struggle)
    Type: Grow&Throw (in that order)
    The SOS: SOS - The Berry Effect

Crop: Globe Berry - 6h
    During the event EP: 80 (during event it's classed as an event crop)
    NB Globe Berry will stay in the game, L38, Category: Others. EP 36
    Drop: Blossom.
    Drops on all 3 mainlands, drops from crop, trees & animals

3 Bars to be filled.
    The one in the middle is the main bar that grants the CR in the end.
    Left bar gives you additional PF when doing main/middle bar. Each step +1pf, max 3 PF (?)
    Right bar gives additional SG when doing main/middle bar. Each step +1SG, max 6 SG

Main/Middle bar will give you various prizes AND the SG/PF from the filled sidebars. Max 3Pf & 6SG per level if you have filled them both.

If you want the sidebar bonus you must fill those first and then donate to main

Left Side Requirements (PF):

• 1500 Nails
    • 800 Roof tiles
    • 800 Bricks
    • 700 Wood board
    • 150 Hammers

Right Side Requirements(SG):

• 2000 Blackberries
    • 2000 Strawberries
    • 2000 Cranberries
    • 2000 Gooseberries
    • 1500 Blueberries

Middle/Main Bar Requirements:

• Crop: 12 600 (5 day average 2 520)
    • Drop : 750 (5 day average 150, 6 day average 125)
    Disclaimer: This is just the start, the finishing and proofreading is up to you lovely farmers. It can only be better!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    trishap58, tlcmom, Brookeham and 18 others like this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Forum Demigod

That looks about right to me, Moraine. Thanks for doing the sums! ;)
    Of course, I'm in, it's a simple case of grow enough crops and get enough drops and throw it in the bottomless pit! xD
    Good luck all! :)

tlcmom, Jazac, paru13 and 10 others like this.
  3. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Main +Meadow + Glade = 202+202+184= 588 1x1, with cac and replanting, net profit each harvest 1764, 2x harvest per day = 3528 crop net. Crop should be done in approx 4 days.

Only 2 fields main +meadow = 404, CAC, net profit = 1212 per harvest. 2x harvest = 2424 => 5 days
    3 harvest =3636 and we're on approx 4 days.

Rough calculations.

So I'm thinking doing 2 fields, keep glade as is with pens and trees. Might do overnight crop (Blueberries) or might go event crop or a mixture. I'm not thinking that much, I don't want to use up my brain power. Never know when I might needed .

tlcmom, Jazac, paru13 and 11 others like this.
  4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Commander of the Forum

Thank you Moraine, for starting the thread and all the work you put into it! I will grow and throw as much as I can! xD
    Good luck and Happy July 4th to all those in the USA! ;)

tlcmom, Jazac, paru13 and 13 others like this.
  5. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Board Veteran

I'm undecided if to do this event 8). Can't say I'm that fussed about the CR and to be fair, after the rewards from the last event, the ones for this one aren't really tickling my fancy :music:. Good luck to everyone taking part...I'll ponder a little longer on this one :p.

AniE, Jazac, paru13 and 9 others like this.
  6. Growalot

Growalot Forum Inhabitant

I am only doing the sidebars for this event - mainly for the 6 GBs. The CR is not inspiring and I'm getting bored of the grow and throw events....have decided to only do these type of events if there is a new, and attainable, animal pen or tree.

Good luck to all who play this event!!

7. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Ahh, sorry for the confusion Growalot. In order to get PF from side bars you need to do main bar. You only get PF when you do main bar, but in order to do so you have to do the left side first.

Edit: I always like CR that cuts growing time, and the Raspberries are my next project in the greenhouse. So I'm defo going for that one.

8. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Overlooker

I will do some of this event... The side bars have a few good prizes and the CR does give EP, so worth the effort. I want to reach the 100 club some day. Any EP is helpful. (Currently at 98 :p) Good luck to all, whatever you are doing on your Farm!! :)
    Thank you Moraine for starting the thread and crunching the numbers. :)

007Farming, Jazac, paru13 and 9 others like this.
  9. habalala

habalala Count Count

in a hurry.. thanks moraine for the start and info.

event crop = 6 hour grow time =

4:48 with water
    4:19 with water and manure

left side bar PF is on step 1, 3 and 5 (grants 3 PF per main bar donation)
    right side bar SG is on step 1 (2 SG) to 5 (grants 6 SG per main bar donation)

strategy: prepare, collect drops, grow, throw event crop, make early adjustments when drop rat is stinggy (grow mid and longtimers on a field asap), collect goodies.

keep your smiles going, it feels good, it does good!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    tlcmom, 007Farming, Jazac and 10 others like this.
  10. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

I'm an event junkie so of course I'm doing it... lol
    Depending on RL I should be able to get ~5 harvests per day. I'm going to use most of the 3 fields, trees on the fringes will stay in place. That will give me about 1,500 per harvest. Looking at the drop donations asked for I don't feel the need to do long crops at night, only for sleep. Maybe toward the end I will need to make up low numbers? I want to grow as many of the event crop as possible during the event this time. It's going to be a permanent crop after the event but if we grow it during the event we get twice as much EP as afterwards. I don't mind donating my imaginary hardware.

Best of luck, y'all!

tlcmom, 007Farming, Sue46 and 11 others like this.
  11. Growalot

No confusion on my end Moraine......surprisingly!! I am aware of the extra PF with the main bar after sidebars, I'm really just after the 6 GBs at the end of the right sidebar, and the rewards along the way, with no real effort needed.

tlcmom, 007Farming, Jazac and 9 others like this.
  12. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Board Veteran

@SuzeeRabbit , a very good point that I didn't consider :oops:. Still pondering though, as wondering if to spend the time stocking the barn on items for other events....hmm, decisions, decisions! :music:

007Farming, Jazac, paru13 and 7 others like this.
  13. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

I'm doing this event and I am also anticipating drops will be some what hard to get. But then again maybe bc it will be running on the 4th of July, we may get a break !!:p;)xD

14. Cassie101

Cassie101 Forum Baron

I'm in, good luck to those taking part and happy farming to everyone else. :)

Thanks Moraine for doing the work. :)

15. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

dang, I tried my best :p

I'm trying something different, inspired by Fisher_Broke: not prepping the farm for the event. Had Blueberries overnight, and now I'm on snowdrops. So normal farming. I rarely struggle with drops any more, only when RL makes me unable to play. Finishing an event with a day to spare. Unnecessary, better utilize all the time we got. So normal farming up to the event start, using only 2 fields.

Did I just change the difficult level from medium to hard ? :oops:

I just had a thought, new items usually get a FSQ. This being a low level crop, do you guys think we'll see events asking for this berry in the near future ?

16. Growalot

LOL :D - my brain was working.....for a change!! Great job with starting this page and good luck.

17. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Duke

So glad the figures are worked out for me! Thankyou.
    Will do both side bars, then grow as many crops as I can as we have visitors. As they are a permanent crop, I will keep a healthy stock, then may donate some to the quest. Not fussed about the cloud row.

tlcmom, Cassie101, 007Farming and 8 others like this.
  18. Nala777

Nala777 Active Author

Thanks @Moraine for the numbers. :inlove: Count me in ;)
    Happy 4th of July to all those in the USA. :inlove::):inlove:

tlcmom, 007Farming, MARLYMAR and 6 others like this.
  19. fishy_broke

fishy_broke Advanced

I like that farm name ...fisher_broke I hope I remember it :)

CAC prices are high it seems. If all needs is a few crops or drops then maybe pumpkin jam is cheaper. (If just drops there is no need to use any buff at all.) I have always felt it better to utilize time so that I can do whatever I want.

Moraine, I really believe you can just feel your way through. There are times when the approach seems to get a little scary. I have failed one time in all these years have have no regrets whatsoever. The events are even more enjoyable. A basket purchase is not even considered.

that hurry hurry hurry hurry mentality is needed once in a while for something but

slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww down ..... or life's goona pass you by <---- message of the day

I don't even know what on earth is in the farmer broke fields. I'm going to the store in a minute. xD

If I need drops I have a refined crop that I will use ..... but growing and nukin and dukin ? ahhhhh xD

A crop row to reduce time on growin stuff? hahahahaha I need more time xD

If you're not worried about drops or have a little time, see if this makes any broke-sense:

A carrot takes me about 10 minutes to grow and I can get 100 cc
    hazel nut takes 14 hours no water and cost about 1,100 ccs now

:wuerg:

So in a couple of hours I get a 14 hour hazel nut ......

or

I can be a junker and Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooo-fessionally grow junks and hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry

Just the thought all these options is too stressful for me. xD I'm going to the store.

I wonder what is in the broke fields? Oh well, I'll get to it.

Good Luck Event Junkies xD
    opps
    I mean Junkers xD
    opps
    I mean farmers xD
    opps
    you know what I mean 8)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    tlcmom, fun2farm, Nala777 and 6 others like this.
  20. Moraine

Moraine Forum General

Yes we know what you mean: Junkers Junkie Farmers 8) and proud of it, I haven't got more sense than that. 8)

I don't stress about events any more, if I ever have. Que Sera Sera, C'est la vie. The world doesn't end if I miss, and I have a nice rhythm when it comes to event. I think I'm a little bit of a pro. Spend RL for an event ? Nope, kills the fun for me. But for those that do, don't feel bad - we all have slightly different ways in order to max our fun playing this game.

But when you do event after event and make a habit of doing so. You tend to do things the way you always do. It's good to stop and think: Is this the best way for me to do it. So now I'm testing. I want the CR, like the reward, and I feel like winning when I get the CR - for a brief moment. As all higher levelled farms, there are option if I see this is going down the drain.

tlcmom, Nala777, MARLYMAR and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.